Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Draeoth
    Original poster 29 posts

i was able to open the game earlier to optimize my settings but i then closed it. now it wont go past the game saves automatically when you see this icon dont turn off power screen.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Draeoth
    Original poster 29 posts

@draeoth so i figured out that using my wireless xbox one controller was the culprit of the long loading. however if i wait till im in game to connect my controller it freezes the game and i have to use the task manager to close the game.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hey! Sorry to hear you're affected by this unusual issue.

I'd first like to suggest verifying game files.

If that doesn't work, can you please confirm how the game behaves if you connected your controller by cable? Also, is this a standard Xbox One controller, or an elite?

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Draeoth
    Original poster 29 posts

verifying the game files helped my save file load faster, but even with a wired connection the save icon screen (before the main menu) is still taking a long time to load while using the controller. the load time without the controller is about 15 to 20 seconds, where with the controller it ranges between 5 to 15 minutes. it is just a standard xbox one wireless controller.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

@draeoth Thank you for getting back to me!

I would like to try 2 more suggestions. Please give this a go -

Hopefully that helps! Controllers are not officially supported for AC Valhalla so I can't say for sure if we can get around this issue.

Thanks again!

Official Response
  • Draeoth
    Original poster 29 posts

@ubi-raziel i dont know if it was the update for the controller or disabling background apps but im no longer having the long load screens. thank you very much.

Suggested Topics