ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• postjm9
    Original poster 2 posts

I'm using a non-official Xbox One controller (AmazonBasics version) on PC.

After 5-10 minutes in-game, the camera begins turning left on its own.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the controller, both with and without restarting the game and the PC.

I've also tried the built-in Windows 10 calibration utility for USB controllers, all with no luck.

I haven't experienced a similar problem in any other game title.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Right now, I don't have another controller to use to see if it might correct the issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

@postjm9 Hey! I'm actually using the same controller, and haven't come across this issue. I imagine it may be related to the controller itself, but we will only really know if you test another one/try using KB+M to see if it persists.

Official Response
  • postjm9
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-spud Thanks for the quick response -- sorry I didn't do the same.

I switched to my wife's identical controller, and it worked fine, and then switched back to mine, and it seems to no longer be an issue.

I do wonder if it may have had something to do with several active game stores/front ends running at once, some of which try to tie mouse and controller inputs one way or the other.

I've been closing Steam, Xbox, Epic, Origin, etc. when I run Valhalla now.

Also, I have too many games on too many platforms 🙂

• Ecklypsis
    5 posts

@ubi-spud Same problem on PS5 with DualSense controller... On both of two differents players accounts on my console.

Suggested Topics