Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• n.travkin
    Original poster 4 posts

Is it me or the graphics are much worse and blurry compared to Oddysey even If I have everything set to Ultra high with Resolution scaling to 120%. The game is much worse optimized than the odyssey or is it just me. I have a powerful rig but the game stutters and is generally poorly optimized even with the latest Nvidia driver.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@n-travkin After the nice smooth game-play of Odyssey Valhalla feels as clunky as hell and very ugly. Also in Odyssey you felt like a skilled warrior, in Valhalla you feel like a drunken street fighter.
    I am not a fan of this game so far.
    Agreed, very poorly optimized. Some of the fighting becomes a slide show.

• SUPER_WACLAV
    1 posts

Game has a big problems with optimisation on PC! fps constantly drops from 60 to 30, sound stutters, I am playing at rtx2080 on 1440, high settings.

• n.travkin
    Original poster 4 posts

@gravelmead Nice to know I am not the only one. Hopefully there will be a patch to fix it

• n.travkin
    Original poster 4 posts

@n-travkin The graphics are even worse than Odyssey and Origins but its more demanding. Does not make sense

• Knuck5
    1 posts

@n-travkin they really need to fix this. i did not spend $2600 (cad) on a gaming computer and $80 on the game for AAA devs to put no effort into the PC version of games.

• sunejoergensen
    13 posts

I have RTX 3090 and AMD 3900x with 32GB where Watchdog Legions has run butter smooth with raytracing for 40 hours and 100% completion.
    Valhalla is a complete mess not in the GPU where its stable 17-21 ms in Ultra 5120x1440, but in the CPU where it was up to 200 msec (average 16% load) equal 5 fps, totally unacceptable.

Removing Rivatuner, Afterburner, iCUE and all other background "stuff" did help a lot, but this has not been a problem ever also not in e.g. Origin and Odyssey.

BTW: Running from a NVMe the total load time is less than 10 sec.

• sunejoergensen
    13 posts

3 ways to get PC V1.02 running at all on my system 3090/3900x:
    1. Remove all background task
    2. Run program with realtime priority
    3. See Hardware Unboxed video

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics