Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• englebre21
    Original poster 1 posts

I'm no twitchy pro, but I've beaten my way through all the souls/bloodborne/whatever games. I like a challenge. So I put it on "hard" for combat.

Then I run into this first "boss" - who takes a cool hundred axe blows, and a single hit sends me to the reload screen.

But he's not really hard, his AI seems so bad he will attack the air. I end up dying because I get so bored I try and squeeze too many attacks in, just to try and get the fight over with.

So - after reloading four times, I thought I might come here for advice. Anyone who has played long enough, can you tell me: does "upping the difficulty" just turn the bad guys into damage sponges? Is it just the early game that's not balanced?

Just trying to realign my expectations before I play any more. So far... yeesh.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• longjohn119
    723 posts

@englebre21
    Basically that's it ..... It does two things, it increases their health and lowers your damage ..... So you need to hit them 2 or 3 more times than with the normal level ...... Just set it to normal and enjoy the game ...... After you beat it then go back and do a Game+ on hard .... Or just start out on normal and if it starts getting too easy after you gain a bunch of abilities then set it to hard ......

• AlfaSnowman
    24 posts

@englebre21

It is the same story with every Ubi game. They just make them healthsponges. Ubisoft is infamous for its bad AI.

Instead they should create a realistic difficulty where everyone dies from 2 or 3 hits max, depending on the weapon, but so does the player. This way it would be more about tactics, dodging, etc., instead of hitting an enemy in a tedious way for 5 minutes in a row. A bit more like the Souls series. The Odyssey community complained about it and they just implement it again. This is proof they do not take in customer feedback for their new products. This is a bad strategy for a company. But I wouldn't be surprised that marketing strategies have a better ROI than spending extra budget on improving products.

I always do the same thing like longjohn119 suggested. This is what works best.

The best thing they ever did to an AC game was the Animus Control Panel in Origins.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics