Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lair360
    Original poster 10 posts

Processor Name: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X
    Motherboard Model: GIGABYTE TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI
    MEMORY: 64GB DDR4
    Video Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Been playing on Highest Settings (Not Ultra High) and after a few hours in, I am seeing / feeling some horrible stuttering? Its like memory leaks... yikes...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• brrogann
    3 posts

@lair360
    I'm on PS4 and I've got some mad lag/stuttering too, so you're not alone!

Can't believe this release has been so poorly done.

• Der_MiCHA_
    2 posts

Same problem here, working fine for about 1 hour, after that there are more and more lags.

If I restart the game it works fine again for another hour.

On Rtx 2070 and on my other Rig with RTX 2080 super the same

• lair360
    Original poster 10 posts

So I am not a lone on this.....

• Netspook
    261 posts

@lair360
    No such problems whatsoever.

Ryzen 3950X
    AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
    64 GB RAM, Hyper X Fury DDR4 3200 Mhz
    The game is installed on a Kingston A2000 NVME M.2 1TB SSD

All settings maxed out except from that distance thingy, since 200% really cuts down on fps.

• Zangato1988
    38 posts

@lair360 Yeah i have this issue with cutscenes.

• longjohn119
    502 posts

@lair360
    Make sure you have a swap/page file and set it up so Windows manages the size ..... Games like AC Unity - Valhalla, RDR2, HZD etc will use all the available memory you have and then try to put old stuff on a swap file even if they never need it ..... It's just inherent in these game engines because of the limited resources of the PS4 and Xbox One ......

What is happening here is it's filling up your memory over time (not a leak, it's just inherent for the reasons I mentioned above) and then it tries to swap out older resources but it can't because you don't have a swap file or you don't have a large enough swap file and then it's stutter city ......

Anyone that tells you that you don't need a Page file in Windows doesn't understand how Windows Memory Management has worked since 2006 when Vista came out

• lair360
    Original poster 10 posts

@longjohn119 @Netspook

I tried the game again and it still stuttered within an hour or so. I am also using SSD drive.

The game seriously needs to have this stuttering iron out! Breakpoint works good for hours to hours without any problems at max settings.

Don't give us the "No such problems whatsoever."

• lair360
    Original poster 10 posts

Oh so the post is now moved to player support...

Oh well. The post will get ignored.

• Netspook
    261 posts

@lair360
    Don't give us the "No such problems whatsoever"

So, you want me to lie, then?

• Zangato1988
    38 posts

@lair360 the only solution so far is restarting game every hour to fix stutter issue :s

• sFULGORE
    3 posts

The stuttering got so bad (60-45-55-35-60-40) fps on my 2070 that I just set the game to 30fps and called it a day.

No matter what setting I used the stuttering continued, I even tried 1080p and 50% render resolution, still stuttered the same as 4k 80% render.

Question for you all, did you download the new Geforce Drivers? I still haven’t done so since I figure they’d suck anyways

• Netspook
    261 posts

@sfulgore
    I downloaded the newest AMD drivers this morning and saw no difference at all.

Why do you assume new gpu drivers suck? Usually the gpu companies work together with gaming companies to better optimize drivers for new games.

• funkyg73
    1 posts

Yup - been driving me batty since release. I get massive frame drops and stuttering in cities and combat. This on a i7-10700K, RTX 3080 (latest game ready driver). Occurs regardless of resolution or graphics settings. I'll be happily moving along at 60fps, and then it drops below 10 fps, and the whole game starts puttering along - audio stutters as well, even occurs in the menus moving the cursor around. Reminds me of my aging truck when it's about to stall. Primarily happens during raids, and improves somewhat when combat ends, but only restarting the game seems to cure it - temporarily.

Lots of folks in Reddit complaining of similar issues. I won't speculate as to the cause, but should probably be considered a bug, and I hope Ubisoft is giving this a look.

• sFULGORE
    3 posts

@netspook

when Oddyssey came out I bought the ultimate edition to play it early. First thing I did was download the drivers and my game kept crashing every hour. On day 5 I found out that people with older drivers had no issue and even better performance.

• longjohn119
    502 posts

@lair360

Why the hell are you attacking me for just trying to help you out? Screw you .... You are on your own now

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics