Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Max18400
    400 posts

They've gone from one extreme to another.... It's nice having fewer pieces of gear, but the weapon department is severely lacking (no one handed swords?!) as is the armors. I genuinely do appreciate having fewer pieces of gear, but it's too few now. Not really much of visual customisation (cant change the appearance of gear and late game gear looks rubbish). Just adding some more weapons and a 2 or 3 more armor sets. Like it's be awesome to get a one handed sword or other unique weapon for taking down a zealot, then get a chainmail armor set from wiping out a branch of the order. would make a huge difference to and actually add an incentive to killing bosses and the order. The current rewards aren't worth the time in my opinion.

• Max18400
    400 posts

@fiendtron84 it does feel better having only unique pieces of gear, but there's too few now to actually work towards. I completely agree with you, I don't want a return to Oddysey just sought reskins of weapons, just a few more choices and to be able to customise its appearance (like have the stats of end game gear, but the appearance of early game gear)

• nuglife22
    26 posts

All the good weapons and armor sets were held back to be released later in the helix store. So there's more than enough of everything, you just have to pay extra for it. You have to remember this is Ubisoft.

• WolfLazerbeast
    7 posts

can we please get some more gear that isn't tied to the real pay money store?

• Highed_on_Cush
    1 posts

Trying to be constructive:

The large selection of different weapons and armor was a great feature in Odyssey.

The visual upgradability of weapons and armor in Valhalla has a nice touch, but is insufficient with the shortage of gear to collect an choose from. (I'm 10h into the game and still wear the same stuff from the first mission, but not because I want to, but because there'S nothing else.)

The loot system + disenchanting and upgrading was better in Odyssey.

Please just add the visual upgrading feature to how EVERYTHING ELSE was in Odyssey for the next game and we're all happy.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel for every expansion. Odyssey was great for its loot system, combat and skill+talent features.It just lacked choice flexibility in the main story and aspects from the older AC games, (which happily are now reintegrated again).

• rorobfo
    38 posts

@n0rsebear 'winning' Odyssey for me was all about going for a crit warrior stick-wielder build. So i 'farmed' smiths to find items with the right combination of stats. Very rewarding but not very much fun. Like the exchangable runes for effects in ACV very much.

• Krieshna_
    1 posts

Personally, I like the fact that the equipment is rarer. It gives the impression that they are more precious and I feel pleased when I finally find one. I especially think that the armor are cooler and better designed. I love updraging them and see them changes (even if it's not a lot some times).

Having said that, however, I do agree that it still lacks a bit of variety. The team may have gone a bit too far making the stuff rare.

• FokkAsHorse
    5 posts

I'm here to say one thing.

One Handed Swords.

That is all.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    87 posts

@fokkashorse yeah.

I'm at 75 hours and have no more weapon to find,but a lot to do in the world.

Withouth new equip become Boeing,and One hand sword Is a good solution to give more variety 🙂

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts

One handed swords...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-whiteroom

this is false.

I have played well over 90hours sofar. I selected bear tree as i prefer melee combat and yet i didnt find any bear gear for the 1st 50hours of my game.
    It seems there are only 2 bear sets in the entire game, thats not much.

Basically you guys force us to get stuff from the money store, even though i paid full price for a game. Getting a money bought gear set defeats the purpose of playing a game.

really wish enemies would drop armor and weapons as well, looting or even auto looting is just a waste currently as u get like 1-2 silver max per person.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@rorobfo

like i said before buying stuff from shops or real money isnt rewarding, its a game and armor and weapons should be dropped by enemies, this will engage you to actually fight and get out there.

Now the game is just finding synchronysation points see where golden dots are and loot chests. This is a terrible design

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kuratoro

exactly what is special about the g ear in valhalla?

They all look somewhat the same, a big cloack and in the mythical version its mostly pure gold 😞

Like your some kind of rapper. There is no diversity in the armor, just 2 bear sets 😞 and so on

I know vikings as a show is not 100% historical accurate but just take a look at the many different armor types they wear and then take a look at this game.
    I mean odyssey had way more options and yet ppl complained about how the NPC's had so many special and cool looking armor items that we werent able to get, why didnt they listen there and improved their system for their next game?

• LeoRaptor1979
    98 posts

I wish they added 1 Hand Swords and 2 Handed Axes.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    87 posts

I agree.

I hope Will add some weapon dropped by specific enemy,or faction.

Bear gear dropped by cent bosses, and same for new stuff.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

good to know, but if you just follow the game logic and play areas that are true to lvl, it would take ages and ages to reach cent

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@royalgear1

why is there no chest in our room where we can store items we dont intend to play?
    Why arent weapons and items catogorized. i mean daggers together, shields together, axes tother and so forth and so on? This would help a lot

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

This game looks like it was released far from completed,the armor was deliberately sacrificed to bolster helix sales. we're given so-called God weapons that are no better and in some cases worse than other regular weapons,there is little or no interaction with the people in the settlement,the only thing we can do in the room is sleep,the legendary animals were lazily done with heads on a wall rather than posing them in attacking positions to at least show how fearsome they were to kill,the stores recycle far too slowly and often can take hours to turn over.Customer satisfaction has been completely set aside as they release fixes in their time frames rather than consider the customer,fishing has been bugged and broken since release.The crap yuletide festival was hardly exciting considering there was really nothing new in it including the armor,did get some new bugs though.Ubisoft should definitely be hanging their heads at this release instead their counting their money and thumbing their nose at the at the customers with ridiculously long waits for patches,and the game has no replayability whatsoever.,definitely a lot of mistakes and a whole lot of missed opportunities!

• XX-Artorias-XX
    87 posts

@asgardian02 yes, should be a better distribution .

So ,they could add 2 new set for every family gear, dropped by specific category of enemy n all place.

In this way, we have "static" loot ( actual gear) and dynamic gear ( dropped in the world).

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

also i would preffer loot that has various stats like in diablo or what not, that way you get to hunt perfect gear and stats combo. that makes loot drops so much more fun, and keeps you looking for more.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics