Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • AnimusLover
    Original poster 74 posts

For those who don't know (because it's buried in the menus) there is an option to make sure your assassinations are guaranteed no matter what le
    vel your opponent is. Enjoy!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• longjohn119
    426 posts

@animuslover
    I call it the "Sissy setting" ....... Actually I've only come across one person outside a boss fight I couldn't assassinate (a Berserker) but just like with Odyssey I could tell when I snuck up behind him .... so I backed up and shot him in the head 3 or 4 times with my bow and he went down without inflicting any damage ......

I've taken more damage from climbing (and falling) down Fannaraki Summit or from the cold water trying to find some woman's damned comb than I have from fighting anyone. ..... I hate that frosted screen effect when you jump into the water because you can't see anything and can't tell if you are actually swimming to the surface ...... It's just a damned annoyance that doesn't really serve any purpose and looks fake as hell ..... Cripes did they really need to bring that back from 2014 Rogue?

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 74 posts

@longjohn119 Then it's a sissy's life for me! I'm going to enjoy this game the way I want to and I'm not gonna hear anything from the elitist crowd waving their peepee around. I'll focus on making the ultimate combat build instead. (although some enemies don't have the option unless you purchase the skill)

Agree about traversal though. It's actually one of the worst aspects of the game but I'll save that for another time.

• Roxxai
    19 posts

i've been using it since launch, i play assassin's creed to assassinate people not to stab them in the jugular vein and watch as they shrug it off as if it was just a flesh wound

• kizza0721
    63 posts

Yeah, if i jump off the roof of a building, hit someone in the throat with a 6 inch blade, full bodyweight behind it, they should stay down. Not shrug and slap me.

• Netspook
    261 posts

@animuslover
    Considering how boring this combat system is, it's VERY tempting to use that.

• longjohn119
    426 posts
    @longjohn119 Then it's a sissy's life for me! I'm going to enjoy this game the way I want to and I'm not gonna hear anything from the elitist crowd waving their peepee around. I'll focus on making the ultimate combat build instead. (although some enemies don't have the option unless you purchase the skill)

Agree about traversal though. It's actually one of the worst aspects of the game but I'll save that for another time.

LOLOL ...... I'm glad you realized I was just jerking your chain ..... I have my own "Player Assist" problems in that the Aim Assist is completely broken which makes it tough as an archer style player because you can't get a lock on anything so hitting moving target, which is everyone in a battle, is nearly impossible so I end up running out of arrows and just brawling ..... The game doesn't really let you finesse your way through things, trying to play as a pure assassin is almost impossible because the guards are all bunched up in place like monasteries and it's hard to get the drop on someone when you are forced to kick a door in ...... With aim assist completely broken you can't really do much with a bow either because of the way they are bunched up you might get a couple early but then they'll swarm you and you can't hit them because you can't lock on so you are forced to brawl which for me in Odyssey and Origins was a last resort and something I only used in Conquest Battles and in the Arena ....

So I'm putting the game on the shelf already until they fix the Aim Assist and all the damned AI bugs like not getting assistance to open chests because an crewmember is stuck or trying to call in the crew with the horn and no one showing up even after 5 or 6 tries ...... I've done 3 monastery raids in England and two of them were bugged

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics