Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

Hey all, was following a wealth marker to Eikundarsund, led me to an archer guy who dropped an ingot when I killed him. But the wealth marker left my map and continues to point to his body, even after restarts and loads. Thinking on it I'm not sure if I can remember whether or not my wealth total ticked up either, so I'm concerned about my ability to complete the map with this bug.

Hoping anyone knows a fix or can help point this issue to the team because Ubi's support is live chat exclusive now. Playing on PC.

Tomorrow if no one has better ideas I'm going to try reloading to a previous autosave, from before I killed the guy and see if it happens again, but I've been playing till 5am and don't have the energy tonight. Great great game outside of this!

EDIT: Also thought it was worth mentioning that I haven't received the achievement for equipping 5 tattoos despite fulfilling the requirements in my first hour.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• XXDEATH58
    2 posts

@manfishmccoy I’m stuck on the same problem, killed a guy at Hyvlatonna and it won’t let me loot him and the marker is still on his body I can even pick him up and move the body as well.

• epic377
    2 posts

Same thing to me also

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for any inconvenience.

Can you provide a short video detailing this, so I can send it to the team for review?

@XXDEATH58 The team are aware of that one and are looking into it further! 🙂

Official Response
  • ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    Hey there, sorry I didn't see your reply.
    I've solved the issue by reloading a game to a save from before I collected the loot and collecting it again. In the save file with the bug I didn't use an Animus Pulse to identify the wealth type before killing the enemy, and the golden dot remained on my map, and remained locked to the body.

This time, I Pulsed to ensure the game correctly displayed the loot as an ingot before collecting it, and it was removed from my map like it should have been. Perhaps the issue isn't with the loot itself, but the way the opportunity indicators work before identification? I can only speculate, and hope the information I provide can be useful.

I still have a save file that displays the bug, so I will try to capture some footage and link it to this post if that will help the team identify future issues. Or rather, I would... but loading the file isn't doing anything. I'm going into a loading screen only to appear right back where I was.

• ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

Unfortunately my older saves got overwritten while I was messing around and I don't have one with the bug active anymore, I'm very sorry x3, even the one I was trying to load was overwritten by another autosave.
    I will use more manual saves in future when I encounter anything. Thanks for reaching out, and I hope that what little I've been able to figure out will be helpful.

• epic377
    2 posts

Where do we send the video to

• ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

@epic377 I assume upload to youtube unlisted and post it here?

• sierra707
    4 posts

I have the exact same problem. Killed and lootet the guy in Eikundarsund (and got the ingot) but the map marker still points to his body. Wealth was not counted, so I cannot complete the map.

I don't have a save game I can revert to before collecting so I'm stuck.

• sierra707
    4 posts

I could solve it by initiating a raid which respawned all opponents. When looting the guy I got no ingot but it counted towards wealth.

Suggested Topics