ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 55 Likes/1982 Replies/139846 Views
    Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6024 posts

Hello there @leonardoinhoqui,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing crashes in-game. Thank you for sending us your ticket numbers. I've taken a closer look at tickets 13421790, 13844306 & 14143622 and I can see that all of these cases were closed as we had no further response from you after further troubleshooting steps were sent to you. Please note that support tickets will automatically be closed 4 days after an agent has sent their last response. You can reopen your support ticket at any time if you require further support with the issue, though.

I can see that you've recently opened up a new ticket (14927700) and a member of your regional team has reached out to you. Would you be able to check your case note when you're next able to?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ennod76
    1 posts

Since the last update the game keeps crashing. On ubisoftssite they say “ we are aware of the problem etc”. That was june 16th…. Either fix it or admit that you [censored] up and undo the update since it worked fine before!!!! Your gamees are too expensive to give this kind of “service”!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Ennod76! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering crashes in-game. We are aware of an issue wherein players were experiencing frequent crashes in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2. This specific issue was resolved following the release of TU 1.2.2.1. We are aware that there can be several caused behind crashes in-game for a player, and would like to investigate what is causing the crashes on your game further.

If you haven't already, please can you try all of the PC troubleshooting steps shared in this support article. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes and freezes in-game.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

When opening a support ticket, please can you include the following information:

• A copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag
    • A copy of your Ubisoft Connect launcher log
    • All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including steps from our linked support article and any additional ones you may have tried from this thread
    • Any error messages or pop-ups you have received, either from the game or during troubleshooting
    • When the crashes / freezes first began, and if they happen at specific locations (such as beginning a certain quest, or in a specific area in-game)

All of this information is helpful for further investigation.

If you encounter any trouble when opening up a support ticket, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll gladly assist further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Zaxielo
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I have tride everything and it still crashes there is nothing wrong with our Pcs its wrong with your ubisoft client & game coding...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Zaxielo! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes in-game. I checked your account, and I wasn't able to find any support tickets opened by you in regards to crashing in-game. If you haven't already, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

When opening a support ticket, please can you include the following information:

• All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including steps from our linked support article and any additional ones you may have tried from this thread
    • Any error messages or pop-ups you have received, either from the game or during troubleshooting
    • When the crashes / freezes first began, and if they happen at specific locations (such as beginning a certain quest, or in a specific area in-game)

If you have already opened up a support ticket, please don't hesitate to share your ticket number so we can take a closer look at what troubleshooting has already been suggested.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Zaxielo
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Why even bother you guys are still going to say the same thing like you always do...This game is unplayable and you guys are going to release a DLC good luck with that...

• Ubi-Borealis

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, @Zaxielo. If you would like the player support team to take a closer look at your crashing issues, please don't hesitate to reach out 🙂

Official Response
  • S.W.A.T.FOR2012
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis My game keeps crashing in that one raid I have tried everything possible my pc specs are RX6800XT RYZEN 7 5800X 32GB 3600MHZ RAM 1TB 2X PCIE 4.0 M.2 my pc runs completely fine on other games only has problem with AC Valhalla!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @S-W-A-T-FOR2012! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing crashing in-game. Thanks for letting us know more about your PC specs, and for letting us know that you've already tried some troubleshooting steps.

I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files and what may potentially be causing the crash. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

If you have already opened up a support ticket, please don't hesitate to share your ticket number so we can take a closer look at what troubleshooting has already been suggested.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • drmmrdcoda
    1 posts

Recently got Ubisoft Connect and every time I use it my games crash to desktop or freeze and the computer reboots. I see from this forum there's no general solution; I expect Ubisoft to reply telling me to open a ticket, which I might as well try, but I don't expect it to result in a full recovery from the issue. I've been troubleshooting for literal days now and can verify after trying on different pc's it's certainly not a hardware issue or power consumption problem. At this point I'm beginning to get the impression that a handful of Ubisoft titles may be unplayable for me on PC. I've done everything from replacing my GPU to flashing bios, clearing cache, disabling audio drivers, playing on base settings, and even trying that weird clock thing someone on here mentioned. I realize now that there isn't a perfect fix but I'm running out of things to try. If opening a support ticket was the solution I assume there wouldn't be a thread such as this. Had I realized this was such a common issue I'm not sure I would've just spent so much time trying to fix it. It feels like such an unnecessary issue to be losing sleep over; it's just a video game, after all. I assume Ubisoft must have an interest in figuring this out. Why would a company on such thin ice have anything to lose from helping it's customers actually play the games they're buying? What else is one expected to do with a video game, marry it? Move to the country, adopt a beagle? Maybe Ubisoft would be better off taking donations, for at least they wouldn't be expected to provide anything in return for people's money. Perhaps there are complexities in game developing and server management beyond my understanding. Who's to say.

• anonymzz
    3 posts

Hey guys!
    I was having the same issue as you, but I think Ive found a fix for me. Basically I was having constant crashes after the raid in Meldeburne. More precisely in the right building, once I got up the outside ladder on the left my game just kept crashing from this point on. But I realized that it was everytime the world had to render a lot of information, foliage, characters and such. So I turned down the world details graphical setting to high instead of very high and it seems to work fine for now.
    Ill keep you updated if it keeps working.

• anonymzz
    3 posts

@anonymzz update 1: so it seems to only crash at the left ladder (after climbing it and running to the left afterwards) now that I was talking about. Beforehand, it was crashing every 3 minutes anywhere.

• Damarmol
    1 posts
    It happens to me when I play online if I play offline, no. I tried all possible solutions and nothing.

• anonymzz
    3 posts

@anonymzz update 2: I have played for 3 hours since and nothing

• longjohn119
    1096 posts
    Recently got Ubisoft Connect and every time I use it my games crash to desktop or freeze and the computer reboots. I see from this forum there's no general solution; I expect Ubisoft to reply telling me to open a ticket, which I might as well try, but I don't expect it to result in a full recovery from the issue. I've been troubleshooting for literal days now and can verify after trying on different pc's it's certainly not a hardware issue or power consumption problem. At this point I'm beginning to get the impression that a handful of Ubisoft titles may be unplayable for me on PC. I've done everything from replacing my GPU to flashing bios, clearing cache, disabling audio drivers, playing on base settings, and even trying that weird clock thing someone on here mentioned. I realize now that there isn't a perfect fix but I'm running out of things to try. If opening a support ticket was the solution I assume there wouldn't be a thread such as this. Had I realized this was such a common issue I'm not sure I would've just spent so much time trying to fix it. It feels like such an unnecessary issue to be losing sleep over; it's just a video game, after all. I assume Ubisoft must have an interest in figuring this out. Why would a company on such thin ice have anything to lose from helping it's customers actually play the games they're buying? What else is one expected to do with a video game, marry it? Move to the country, adopt a beagle? Maybe Ubisoft would be better off taking donations, for at least they wouldn't be expected to provide anything in return for people's money. Perhaps there are complexities in game developing and server management beyond my understanding. Who's to say.

A forced reboot almost always indicates an illegal access of Kernel Protected Memory and the reason it reboots like that is because Windows thinks it may be a virus and thus shuts itself down to protect itself ....

However the only game that gave me any problems recently is Valhalla, but Origins, Odyssey and Immortals Fenyx Rising have all worked fine without a single CTD much less a forced reboot ..... One thing I would suggest is going into the Advanced System Settings and setting Virtual Memory to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" if it isn't already set that way .... Setting your Virtual Memory to a fixed size hasn't been relevant since Windows XP and is a mistake a lot of people make because of bad advice from "How to speed up Windows" articles ....

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

@drmmrdcoda - Hey there. Thank you for taking the time to post here on Discussions about the crashes you have been experiencing, and I am sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with Ubisoft Connect. This thread exists as a space to discuss similar crashes, but as my colleague @Ubi-Borealis has emphasised previously, it would be best to contact us in a support case for dedicated technical investigation to take place. You can open a support ticket using the following means:

Please make sure to include the below information in your case when opening it; doing so immediately means that our colleagues can get right to troubleshooting with you after reviewing your files, instead of having to first request these:

Please don't hesitate to reply here if you need any additional information or support.

@anonymzz - Thank you for sharing your solution here in the thread! If your PC was struggling to render assets, turning down the graphical detail should certainly help. Please do keep us updated as to whether additional crashes occur anywhere else in the game; we'll be happy to try and troubleshoot further with you if necessary!

@Damarmol - Welcome to Discussions! Thank you for posting, and I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing crashes in-game. Can you please do as outlined above, and open a support case for us to investigate further with you? It would be a big help to have all of the outlined information provided from the start as well, to speed up the investigation. Thank you!

@longjohn119 - Thank you for offering your insight and assistance here! 🙂 It is great to see members of the community helping each other out.

Official Response
  • AngelicAikido
    2 posts

@mathis-adam I'm beyond frustrated. If they really don't want me to play their game, then I won't play it. I shouldn't have to fight to play the game that I bought. FIX THE ENTIRE ASSASSINS CREED FRANCHISE SO WE CAN PLAY IT UBISOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me how I come across a fix and can finally play Valhalla (or any AC game really)....the next day I get on and I have to find a new fix. Like what changed overnight? I've never seen a franchise built on such a shaky foundation. Ubisoft games have a mind of their own and if you don't play them for a period of time, they get cranky, pout, and throw fits and YOU have to deal with it; unbelievable. I'm just going to uninstall this crap and cut this stress out of my life. If you ever want to enjoy their broken games, then I guess you need to be a console player.

• AngelicAikido
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @AngelicAikido! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering crashes / freezing in-game, and that this is causing you frustration. If you haven't already, I would recommend that you try these basic PC troubleshooting steps. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues that may be affecting your game.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

All of this information is helpful for further investigation.

If you encounter any trouble when opening up a support ticket, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll gladly assist further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RandyOmar8
    7 posts

@nicksheperd I am having the same issue on the PS4 Pro, every time I try to play the game it stutters every 3 seconds like crazy until it finally crashes the whole PS4 Pro not just the game but the entire system. And it’s making my PS4 Pro act real slow to the point that I’ve had to delete the game, please fix this I really am enjoying the game but I can’t continue playing if it’s gonna corrupt my PS4 Pro, I’m just not willing to take that risk until it’s patched.

Suggested Topics