ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 55 Likes/1982 Replies/138004 Views
    RandyOmar8
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis I am having the same issue on the PS4 Pro, every time I try to play the game it stutters every 3 seconds like crazy until it finally crashes the whole PS4 Pro not just the game but the entire system. And it’s making my PS4 Pro act real slow to the point that I’ve had to delete the game, please fix this I really am enjoying the game but I can’t continue playing if it’s gonna corrupt my PS4 Pro, I’m just not willing to take that risk until it’s patched.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5674 posts

Hello there @RandyOmar8!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering stuttering and crashes in-game. Please note that this thread is for crashes / freezing on PC, not PS4.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you try some basic console troubleshooting steps, as this helps to combat a number of common causes behind technical issues. If the issue persists, please can you open up a new thread so we can investigate your crashing issue further? This will also prevent us from going off-topic in this PC thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RandyOmar8
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis how do I create a new thread

• Ubi-Borealis

You'll first need to go to the main Player Support front page, @RandyOmar8. In the top right-hand corner, there should be a green button that says "New Topic." You can click this button then create your thread.

Make sure you include any troubleshooting steps you have tried, as well as any error message you might be receiving when the game crashes.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Nomadski
    7 posts

I have made my own thread on this before I saw in a reply a link to this thread so will add my own experience.

Game played fine right through Norway thru to England, until I did a Raid on Medeburne and got my first CTD when entering the building on the right. Reloaded and a further 3 crashes in same location. No error codes, just straight CTD. Eventually got thru this by lowering settings to High, from Ultra.

Once finished, reset back to Ultra and played on with no issues, doing side missions and exploring. Then met up with the two brothers in the north of the first L20 area and went to storm the first fortress. During the battle, using the battle ram on the 3rd gate, the game CTD AGAIN.

My temps were within very normal parameters (water cooled system), no overclocking and above average spec (5900x, 3080, 32GB 3200mhz ram). Playing on Ultra but at 1440p so not stressing my system.

Brand new install of Windows 10 Build 19042.1110.

I have an ongoing ticket with Ubisoft, but it would be nice for the Ubisoft tech engineers to look at this, I have zero loyalty to companies that don't fix broken games.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Nomadski!

I've reached out in our new Megathread about this issue with crashing in Meldeburne. Please can you take a look when you're next able to?

If anyone else is experiencing crashes specifically in Meldeburne, please can you share your report in the linked Megathread? This will help us to keep all information and updates in a single place.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TyranusVader
    121 posts

@ubi-borealis Is the dev team investigating random driver timeouts that occur on both AMD and Nvidia GPUs? Thanks.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

*Update* After doing some research, I decided to use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). It's a great little utility that gets rid of any residual files and registry entries from previous driver installs and has been known resolve a lot of issues like TDRs. Just finished a session with no timeouts. So far, so good.

• longjohn119
    1035 posts

@tyranusvader I use that every 3 or 4 driver upgrades and always if I'm downgrading driver versions ..... 9 times out of 10 the problem is entries left in the Windows Registry which conflict with other entries mainly because an entry name got changed slightly .... Both Nvidia and AMD are kind of sloppy in that regard.... Back before DDU you had to go in and clean out the Registry manually which is time consuming and you can really mess things up if you don't know what you are doing .....

• Nomadski
    7 posts

Latest crash was last night, by the River Soar. Called for Longship, dived into water, CTD.

Tried to restart game and Ubisoft Connect crashed with a runtime error.

undefined

Then played the remaining main Ledecestreshire (?) main missions for 3.5 hours without crashing whilst recording with Shadowplay.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@TyranusVader - Thanks for sharing an update with us! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve your timeout issues.

Please note that Ubisoft Support is unable to promote the use of 3rd party software as a workaround, as this can conflict with game files and cause issues running the game. Players are welcome to try suggestions regarding 3rd party software, but you would be doing so at their own risk, and Ubisoft Support will be unable to assist regarding any issues that may result from using third-party software.

@Nomadski - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a runtime error. If this issue persists, I would recommend that you perform a clean installation of any supporting software (such as Microsoft Visual C++), as this will help to ensure that none of the files are missing or corrupted.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TyranusVader
    121 posts

@ubi-borealis I would like to report that I just experienced another driver timeout. This is the first one since I used DDU. Can you please have your dev team investigate? Perhaps it's not an issue with the game, but a driver issue? Is your dev team in contact with AMD's software engineers?

• longjohn119
    1035 posts
    Hello there!

@TyranusVader - Thanks for sharing an update with us! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve your timeout issues.

Please note that Ubisoft Support is unable to promote the use of 3rd party software as a workaround, as this can conflict with game files and cause issues running the game. Players are welcome to try suggestions regarding 3rd party software, but you would be doing so at their own risk, and Ubisoft Support will be unable to assist regarding any issues that may result from using third-party software.

@Nomadski - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a runtime error. If this issue persists, I would recommend that you perform a clean installation of any supporting software (such as Microsoft Visual C++), as this will help to ensure that none of the files are missing or corrupted.

Thanks! 😊

DDU is NOT a third party workaround and doesn't touch any of the game files ..... All it does is clean up driver files and driver entries in the Windows registry so you really have no business telling him he can't use it just because your game is on his computer .... By that metric if I use any software on my computer that doesn't come from Ubisoft I can't get any support

• grooners
    24 posts

I usually get one crash per day - the game stutters, freezes and CTD. There is a related Warning 4101 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. in the event log.

I only started playing since 1.2.2 so cant blame a particular title update.

The only other game I have issues with has been Doom Eternal but thats received a driver update because of them. The most GPU stressing game I have is Metro Exodus Enhanced because it uses RT and DLSS. So although AC Valhalla is fairly heavy on GPU at 4K, as I get no Metro crashes I do think its this game at fault.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@grooners Good to know that this isn't isolated with AMD GPUs.

• peruviansnipez
    1 posts

GAME CRASHES AFTER PLAYING THE GAME FIVE MINUTES IN

i got a 3090rtx i7cpu 10700k 32 ran and the fam game crashes is unplayable. I just bought some silver too. Can I get a direct link where I can summit a ticket or live chat with support?

• noneofyou
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis how can I start a support ticket on crashes with log files? I cannot open support ticket, it says I can only do this on live chat, but it's unavailable and tells me to choose other communication method, but there is no other communication method. Is this a joke? Not only we got game that constantly CTD for so many months without a fix, and now we cannot properly report problems?

• YazX_
    185 posts

Hey Guys, i believe i found out the setting that causes Nvidia driver to crash (TDR) - Not sure about AMD but it might be the same-, for me, its caused by "Windows Accelerated Hardware GPU Scheduling " setting, you can find it under Display Settings --> Graphics Settings. once i disabled it, not a single freeze nor TDR.

NOTE, this is for TDRs (Driver Crash) not CTD (Game Crash caused by the game itself).

i recommend you do the following and try it out:

1. Increase TDR timeout to 10 seconds (google on how to do that) - this is not required but recommended.
    2. Disable accelerated Hardware GPU scheduling from graphics settings under windows display settings.
    3. Restart PC.

i hope this would solve your issue as it solved mine, i have been playing for around 1 month now and not a single TDR, when this setting was ON, i used to get frequent random TDRs every 10-40 mins and sometimes instantly.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@yazx_ GPU hardware scheduling for AMD GPUs is disabled in the driver and not available to toggle in Windows. I guess that AMD noticed that it created more problems than it solved. It was only available in the 20.5.1 driver. Nothing after that. I'll let you know if increasing the TDR timeout has any effect. Thanks for your input!

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@yazx_ Link on where to modify the registry: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys: (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys)

Scroll down until you see "tdrdelay"

Modify your registry using regedit and restart Windows.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any potential damage this may cause your OS!

Suggested Topics