ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 55 Likes/1982 Replies/139892 Views
    crocodilebundy
    10 posts

@lordterminator
    Doesn't work for me. Crash festival. Crashes about every 5 minutes.

• Adesavi13
    1 posts

I am tired of new games crashing after installation. I have a brand new computer that meets any possible requirement, and it is incredible that after paying I the customer, have to be investigating and trying 100 possible solutions to enjoy my purchase.

It happened to me with Assassin's Creed Odissey, so I asked for refund. I won't waste a single more second with any game that doesn't work properly from the beginning.

• StamiLee
    20 posts

Same here. Getting freeze and crash at a random time, right now I'm trying to do the stealth mission from cubes and this is my 5th try after crashing. River raids and combat challenges are literally unplayable now, because there is no way to save the progress in those game mods.

Bought the season pass a month ago and wanted to finish all there is in the game right now, played 250 hours of the main game with little issues and rare crashes, but now with the update, the game is breaking me by crashing during missions in camps where I cannot save it.

So, I have the strangest feeling, I want to play this game, but at the same time even when I do, I have a fear at the back of my head that it will crash again and I will lose all the progress)

Good job Ubisoft, no need to care about people who bought your game already, right? Though I admit, if not for the crashes the post-launch would be pretty awesome so far.

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@lordterminator Now it crashes more. Not helping.

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@baker_76 As far as I know even when you go in the offline mode, the game still sending some info to the Ubi server if you have an active internet connection. I was able to play a few hours after going offline, but then it started again. Now it seems like the game just falling apart, crashes every 2-5 minutes.

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@longjohn119 No, the issue is not with the drivers. I just tried the may version of Nvidia drivers, took me 10 min longer to crash in the river raids. Now I know what they meant by saying "The risk and reward expiriens". The constant risk is there now, because your game will probably crash and you will lose all your progress.

Newer had any issues after updating the drivers with any game except Valhalla. The problem is with the game, not with our system or hardware.

• noneofyou
    12 posts

@StamiLee Of course it's the problem with the game, they just refuse to fix it. I use AMD GPU so the NVDIA driver problem is out of question for me. But people desperately want to play without the crashes so they try everyting, and most of time you cannot tell if it actually helped in several hours of playtime or 2 days. You need many more hours to test it. Somehow we can play all other games on different gaming platforms just fine, and there it is, Ubisoft trying to convince us that the problem is with ours PC/system/drivers.
    So far the Ubisoft support staff made me do (support ticket 15142162):
    - disabled every third party software and autostart that I use
    - playing on the new clean local Windows account
    - whitelisted in antivirus all Ubisoft related catalogs
    - clean installed the current recommended WHQL drivers for GPU
    - SFC (System File Check)
    - Scanned for malware
    - disable Windows 10 build in Game bar, Game DVR, Game mode

guess what? Game still crashes as before. And they will still look for the problem with my PC/system. They will never admit that there is a problem with their game, even if you flood them with logs from crashes.

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@noneofyou So true. The customer support is really terrible. It happens every time with Ubisoft, no matter how many tickets you send them, they will not care unless it is so big that it threatens their income. ACV was the last game I bought from Ubisoft for a full price. Today I bought a new RAM hoping to fix the issue, that is -$100, then I found this page.

And yeah, the response is redicilous...

Crash even on loading now, playing by bits 5-10 min per session, so nice...

• kolliasl21
    11 posts

I installed the newest driver version (21.8.1) and the game just crashes to the desktop with no driver error messages. I underclocked the GPU core frequency since I thought that my rx5700xt may be too aggressively overclocked from the factory but the game still crashed. Other games still run fine. Now I can be certain that there is no issue with my GPU at least.

• GPM26
    2 posts

Hi All

Workaround and Fix for me on 1.3

DELETE CACHED FOLDERS. cache & file_cache -> Users\xxx\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla -

I thought it was mods or corrupt save files. I had previously removed all mods and ForgerPathces files. Then Verified game files/Repair. I had also updated drivers. It still crashed. So I removed the cached data from documenst and that has seemed to work.

Played last night for a few hours with mesh mods. If I hit any new blackscreens or CTD's I will edit this post.

Greg

• StamiLee
    20 posts
    Hi All

Workaround and Fix for me on 1.3

DELETE CACHED FOLDERS. cache & file_cache -> Users\xxx\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla -

I thought it was mods or corrupt save files. I had previously removed all mods and ForgerPathces files. Then Verified game files/Repair. I had also updated drivers. It still crashed. So I removed the cached data from documenst and that has seemed to work.

Played last night for a few hours with mesh mods. If I hit any new blackscreens or CTD's I will edit this post.

Greg

No, this doesn't do anything, I tried it many times. I begin to think that the problem is not with the game but, with the ubi connect, yesterday I was able to play 40 min before crashing because I launched the game from epic store, not from ubi connect.

• GPM26
    2 posts

@stamilee Yeah you are correct crashed after 5 mins.....FOOk this, i'll wait for the next update!

• grooners
    24 posts

@longjohn119 If you worked in development then you'd know that if you had a tested solution such as a specific driver version to use you could prove it by showing a statistically valid improvement to crashes with that driver against one that introduced the problem. This would be backed up by Ubisoft recommending a specific driver version or there being some mention in the Nv release notes of this as an outstanding issue. The errors don't correlate to driver or recent game version. All the fixes mentioned on this thread are just people's suggestions trying to be helpful.

The error is random and may not even be the same one for everyone - I had no crash for two weeks then two in two days - so I could say having two cups of coffee fixed it for two weeks but then having a cup of tea caused a crash next time.

• lokeole
    2 posts

Got it working a bit better now, played for five hours now, with only one crash.
    I set it to 70 FPS cap in Nvidia Control Panel and also lowered enviroment textures to normal.
    The GPU scheduling have always been off. Finally playable again.

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@lokeole This is not for long, trust me. A few days ago I lowered all settings to medium and it crashed as usual. Today it was crashing after 5 then 15 min, then 1 hour with no crash, and then crash again. It is random, the issue is not the GPU, RAM, or CPU. I played 230 hours on ultra 45-70 fps before the update, it all started after the Siege of Paris DLC.

• Hwani87
    67 posts

@stamilee I'm having the same issue as well. Not that I've played as much as you before but I started playing this game a few days before Paris update and Valhalla never crashed then. Only after 1.3.0 paris patch my game started to crash frequently. Usually around 2 hours but it's random. Sometimes in 10 minutes, 1 hour, 1hour and 40 minutes, 3 hours, etc. I'm upset that this is happening but also relieved to find out that this is a general issue.

• cccspecial
    1 posts

Same here Ubisoft crash crash crash , how many post and report you need to acknowledge this and fix that issue?
    Our PC are not to blame here so fix your GAME so we can play.

• longjohn119
    1099 posts
    @longjohn119 If you worked in development then you'd know that if you had a tested solution such as a specific driver version to use you could prove it by showing a statistically valid improvement to crashes with that driver against one that introduced the problem. This would be backed up by Ubisoft recommending a specific driver version or there being some mention in the Nv release notes of this as an outstanding issue. The errors don't correlate to driver or recent game version. All the fixes mentioned on this thread are just people's suggestions trying to be helpful.

The error is random and may not even be the same one for everyone - I had no crash for two weeks then two in two days - so I could say having two cups of coffee fixed it for two weeks but then having a cup of tea caused a crash next time.

I'm wasn't talking about this specific game but just as a rule of thumb .... Upgrading drivers just because new ones came out isn't always a good idea and there is nothing wrong with rolling them back unless you have a game those new drivers specifically fix a bug for or you have a newly released game and of course the rare times there are security updates .... The problem with this game as I have said in the recent past is it's a DX11 game engine from 2014 trying to run DX12 Ultimate which is an entirely different beast in the way it handles CPU and memory as well has shader pipelines and asset streaming ..... I remember when Odyssey first came out people were wondering why it didn't use DX12 and the Devs said it was because the game engine didn't support it .... and they were right as Valhalla proves

If it ain't broke don't try to fix it ..... If the drivers are working good in all your games (besides this hopeless one) then it's best to stick with them until you have a good reason which is an actual need to upgrade ..... If you follow the Nvidia and AMD forums pretty much every month you'll see reports of new drivers breaking older games .... I'm still running the May drivers (security update) and I don't plan on changing them until the new Witcher 3 upgrade comes out and I'll need them for the new DLSS feature ..... Before the May drivers I was running the Cyberpunk 2077 Game Ready Drivers from December ..... Go over to the Odyssey forum and you'll see several posts in the last couple of months where new drivers from both companies broke the game and the solution was rolling back to known good drivers ..... I haven't played Odyssey a lot lately but I probably put 100 hours into it earlier this year and never had a single crash or low FPS/stuttering issues .... I recorded an entire main game playthrough (All three parts) and did a complete Lost Tales of Greece with the December 2020 drivers and the Legend of the First Blade DLC with the May drivers

• Hunterr12
    30 posts

Still happening like random all over the place. Can be when exploring, browsing a vendor, fighting etc. Only thing I see in error reporting is Display driver nvlddmkm not responding and then recovering. But I've done all the troubleshooting steps, and driver stuff and still happens. Only happens in this game, everything else plays crash free.

• Highfly790
    1 posts

Same for me... NO crashs bevore 1.3, since then permanent, random crashes... Tried every possible sollution, that came to my mind, nearly 100% shure, that it's your terrible programmed software... so fix your stuff, instead of telling the same [censored] story over and over again!

Suggested Topics