Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 54 Likes/1972 Replies/125351 Views
    Hwanah
    67 posts

Yesterday, I had a weird hunch that maybe this is related to cloud sync. I turned it off and played, then 40 minutes later Valhalla crashed. So it has nothing to do with cloud sync, I thought. 10 minutes after second launch the game crashed again. I wondered what the heck is wrong with this game and then it hit me. Maybe it's the manual save that was generated in previous version of the game. So on my third launch of the day, I did not touch manual save at all. I had no crash for 7 hours straight. 7 hours!
    Before closing the game I deleted that manual save and created a new one. I will have to check tomorrow if the game crashes or not to see if that was the actual source.

• andreserrano77
    8 posts

@kream dont know if it solved or it was lucky. but i tried that (delete all manual saves and load the cloud save) and i was able to play 30min without crash. i need to test play during more time (30min is nothing)

• noneofyou
    12 posts

Guys, did you have by any chance any success and result with support tickets? I don't know, I feel so helpless, I've been doing for almost 3 weeks everything they wanted, today I received another message, they keep want me to disable antivirus (didn't help), say that there is something wrong with my gpu drivers (they're all good, every other game works), that I use wrong refresh rate (like [censored], I checked and everything is set as it should be, every other game works, it shouldnt cause crashes anyway). Game still crashes, they still blame my setup.

• Lucasgbm
    12 posts

@noneofyou my situation is similar. We are at the same boat. They keep asking me the dxdiag (it was the fourth time) and telling me to do the same thing that I did before. They are not able to say the problem is with them and say sorry about that. Looks Like I'm talking to a robot at the tickets tha always says "I'm sorry to hear about that"

• andreserrano77
    8 posts

more 2 hours of game without crash.
    For now this "tecnich" of using the save from cloud is working, i am afraid that if i start using the manual saves this happens again

• StamiLee
    20 posts

Deleted all manual saves, played 40 minutes, and crashed in river raids, lost all the progress. The game is unplayable. Ubisoft keeps blaming us, but the problem is their broken game, but I wouldn't be so angry if not for them always ignoring their customers, this is not the first problem, the game is full of other bugs and non-working mechanics, stats are broken, music is too quiet and almost newer there while exploration, unbalanced main hero voice is too loud, enemy Ai is still broken, soldiers walking backward instead of attacking, inventory menu is trash basked where you have to search for your needed gear for minutes, if you live in Europe close to russia and bought the game in ES they force you to to play in russian localization only, and the list goes on and on. For most of these, there are threads on ubisoft forums, and hundreds of customers are asking them to fix the product that they paid for, but the response is similar to what we get here.

Guys, the only thing that can help us with such behavior is the law and court, they need to be sued for this and pay for cheating thousands of their customers.

• Baker_76
    7 posts

@kream
    I dont think its manual or cloud saves.
    I never use cloud saves and i always use manual and local auto saves.

I still have not had a crash since I started playing with ubi connect offline though, I think there is something weird there.

• neagumihai
    2 posts

I was experiencing some crashes before but maybe 1 a day. Then I found Blackpeak(in game location), I tried aproaching it from the north for 4-5 times and it crashed everytime in 30 seconds of reaching the place. Then, I aproached it from the south, just to get to the view pointt and it didn't crash. But ever since I found Blackpeak (2 days ago) I've had constant crashes to desktop with no error, I can play for 30 minutes or for 3 hours, but it always crashes. Has anyoane else noticed these symptoms?

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@neagumihai I think that in your case it is only the normal ubi crash that has been there since the launch, it would crash maybe one time during the play session, but now it crashes too often, sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes even on loading the game, game modes like river raids and mastery challenges are unplayable, as well as long story missions where you cannot save, I barely was able to finish the 2nd DLC, almost every time it would crash at the first playthrough, so now when I play, this tension that the crash will get me at some point and I need to save ASAP, ruins the whole experience.

• neagumihai
    2 posts

@stamilee when would you say these crashes started?

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@neagumihai I installed the game after the siege of Paris dlc, for a few days it was ok, and then it started.

• noneofyou
    12 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-TheBerry @Ubi-Woofer

Could I ask for help and assistance please, ticket number 15142162, I was told that something is wrong with my refresh rate (I checked and everything seems fine) and that there is problem with my not fully updated GPU drivers (everything seems to be OK) and I asked for further assistance there because information I got from support staff was not clear and not precise enough so I could test/do what they want me to do, but my messages were ignored and I rececived another message with link to basic troubleshooting that I already did and asking me to attach another dxdiag and msinfo (I already provided 5 dxdiag and 5 msinfo files during the support process).

Could you please forward this ticket (15142162) to real human person? The newest message from support in this ticket looks like automatic bot reply, it is completely out of context.

• azullFR
    1733 posts

@stamilee
    just because I'm curious : did you have the TU 1.3.0.1 also on PC ?
    (as it was dedicated to PS4 & PS5 users about saves corruptions while in Francia : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/104009/failed-to-save-game-title-update-ps4-5-august-23/1?lang=en-US)

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@azullfr There was no update on PC.

• azullFR
    1733 posts

@stamilee
    thanks to you for your answer and for giving me this info 👍

• Lucasgbm
    12 posts

I'm completely disappointed with ubisoft... I seem to be talking to robots who always says "sorry to hear about that" and ask for dxdiag and msconfig. It's been over a month that I've had this problem, they're walking around in circles trying to do the same thing. I've already contacted professional technicians to help me with this problem and only Assassin's Creed Valhalla which doesn't work on my computer. Instead of them releasing a warning saying that they are aware of the problem that we are suffering and are working on it, they prefer to say that the problem is with our computer. I'm tired of sending dxdiag, mscongif, disconnect peripherals, uninstall driver, change DPI, etc. Fix this f****ng game!!!!

• Hwanah
    67 posts

Played 8 hours straight and no crash. For me, it seemed to be either cloud save or interacting with a manual save that was generated before paris update(1.3.0). Whatever the reason may be, it doesn't matter now. Because I was finally able to finish this game and I can say this without any doubt: IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THIS GAME CRASHES BILLION TIMES OR NOT BECAUSE THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE! IMMENSELY GAST, I TELL YOU!!
    First, having assassin's creed element in the game is all the more merrier but to bind it in that franchise is only limiting the game. Second, the damn story man. God damn it! Ugh! It doesn't matter if this game adds one trillion contents in the future. As long as they take this path it doesn't matter. It even makes me not want to play any of this franchise. Not even the ones in the past! That's how horrible the plot is. Jesus christ. Lastly, the genre. It's Puzzle, puzzle, puzzle, time wasting, and then all the other rest, which are supposed to be the main genre.

• longjohn119
    935 posts
    @kream
    I dont think its manual or cloud saves.
    I never use cloud saves and i always use manual and local auto saves.

I still have not had a crash since I started playing with ubi connect offline though, I think there is something weird there.

I've long suspected that the Connect app is the main cause of the "unable to proceed in quest xxx" bugs that are riddled throughout the game .... "Unable to proceed" usually indicates a milestone completion wasn't properly written to the save file and usually when you hit one of the milestones in a quest it does an autosave .... If the save file doesn't show a milestone was completed then the game has no way to know the event happened and you get stuck ..... Unfortunately this is a Live Service game and you miss out on a lot of stuff playing in the offline mode

In fact I've been waiting since November 12 for them to fix this "unable to proceed" bug before I even start playing the game because the possibility I may get stuck in a quest and waste 20, 50 or even 100 hours of game play is just way too high especially for a recorded playthrough because you nearly double the hours with the editing, uploading and documenting each part .... I already got burnt a few months ago in Origins because I couldn't go back an replay an important quest line where the recording shut off because that game (by the same Game Director and studio) doesn't have a manual save feature nor can you access any of the auto saves, you only have access to one save, the last one made and if things get messed up you are screwed ... So I just quit the game and deleted it off my computer

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@kream We gathered here to get in order to discuss the game issue, not the game itself. You didn't like it, nobody cares. I love this game and all the DLC and additional content, it was amazing for me, unlike previous short, empty, and boring games that I couldn't force myself to finish, including AC1, AC2, and AC3. But again, we are here because we want to play it, and we simply can't because of the crashes.

• Arathalia
    1 posts

I am just posting here to confirm I have very frequent crashes as well and I'm keeping an eye on this topic to see if anything is done or can be helped. I only started playing in August (so I think after 1.3) since getting a new high end PC. I actually really enjoy the game but the crashes ruin a fun experience.

My drivers and everything is up to date of course. I have played around with settings as suggested in this topic but I seem to get a crash at least once every playing sessions (2/3 hrs). Hopefully a patch will solve it but seeing the replies I don't have high hopes. Really a shame and makes me wary of getting new Ubisoft games on PC.

Suggested Topics