Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 54 Likes/1958 Replies/123330 Views
    Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2778 posts

Hi @patricke2012 and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes whilst playing the game.

Could you please go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here then try again and confirm if the issue persists.

Official Response
  • widowmakerjack1
    2 posts

@ubi-mark nah nothing fixes it, the games should be made to be able to run with other programs such as for peripherals. Not going to spend stupid amounts of time figuring out why my game doesn't work when the game developers should be making the game so no-one has any issues. Wasn't asking for help, more voicing my displeasures in the hopes ubisoft make more stable games in the future

• Ubi-Keo

@widowmakerjack1 I can understand your frustration with those games crashing. There can be a number of reasons that this is happening.

As my colleague Ubi-Mark suggested, we would recommend going through the PC troubleshooting steps in the link that was provided.

If you change your mind and would like further assistance with this then please go through those troubleshooting steps and if the issue persists, could you please submit a support ticket and attach your system files, dxdiag and msinfo and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

@peteycrnk - Welcome to the Discussions forums! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing frequent crashes in Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC. I would recommend that you run through our PC troubleshooting to begin with, to eliminate the possibility of any common problems impacting your ability to run the game without issue. In particular, make sure that there are no software conflicts, that background applications have been disabled, and that both Ubisoft Connect and the game .exe are running with administrator rights. If, after completing all of these steps, you are still seeing persistent crashes occurring, please open a support case on our website and submit your MSINFO, DXDIAG and log files to us for review and further investigation. Thank you!

@ElectricSquall - For your information and reference, Ubisoft Support are unable to provide any legal advice, nor discuss any legal complaints you may have with you. If you'd like to raise a legal dispute, you will need to contact a legal representative who can represent you and communicate with our own legal team on your behalf. Thank you.

@WeekEndRonin - I'm really glad to hear that you were able to identify the cause of your crashes, and resolve them! Thank you for taking the time to share your solution here in this thread as well for other players to refer to. Just in case you weren't aware, it is possible to capture screenshots directly in-game by pressing F12. Your screenshots are saved within a named folder inside your Pictures directory - please let me know if you have any issues with locating this if you try using it! 🙂

@Tribble82 - Welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that since the deployment of TU 1.3.2, you have been experiencing frequent crashes in-game. Can you please advise me of your system specs in brief, as well as confirmation of whether you have completed our basic PC troubleshooting steps already? Have you tried verifying your game files within Ubisoft Connect as suggested by @longjohn119, in case any files were replaced, moved or corrupted following the update? I'm happy to investigate the issues you're facing further with you as soon as I can acquire some additional context and information. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

Hi @longjohn119 thanks for providing a solution that helped to reduce the crashes for yourself, this may help any other players who are experiencing this issue.

Official Response
  • The...DEvil
    5 posts

1 year since the game is released and it STILL keeps crashing regularly

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

@the-devil Hello there! I've moved your post to the support forums for better assistance from our dedicated support team!

Official Response
  • andolt
    1 posts

While playing wrath of the druids the games crashes nearly every 10 minutes. i even couldn't finish the raid.
    Pc spec
    i5 8600k
    16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    gtx 1660
    directx 12
    latest driver 496.13

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @andolt adn welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes whilst playing the 'Wrath of The Druids' expansion.

Can you please go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here then try again.

However if the issue persists, could you please submit a support ticket and attach your system files, dxdiag and msinfo and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you. 

Official Response
  • TORBACI_3
    1 posts

I have around 120 hours of played time in this game prior to the latest update and I've never had a single CTD. After this latest update I now have a CTD every 5-10 minutes.
    Same computer, same specs, same windows, etc. Yes my windows is up to date and so are my drivers, please spare me the usual "are you sure it's plugged to an outlet sir?" trash tier of troubleshooting. Everything was working just fine before I updated the game. Already tried uninstalling and downloading the whole 120gb again for a fresh install. Already tried disabling background applications, not like this would be the issue anyway but this is part of the trash tier troubleshooting questions so I just wanted to take this out of the way.

Not sure if related, but another issue I've been having after the update is that I can no longer launch the game through ubisoft connect's "play" button. I have to open the .exe directly from the directory. If I try through the ubisoft conect launcher it is eternally stuck on the ubisoft connect loading window that shows before the Valhalla banner. The one where it usually synchronizes achievements and whatnot. See:

The irony is that if I open the game through the .exe file directly from the installation folder it goes through that same ubisoft connect window, except that this time it actually does what it's supposed to do and it launches properly.

Specs: Windows 10 LTSC, 16gb RAM, i5 9600kf, GTX 1060, game is installed on a NVMe SSD (not the system drive).

• archsh3riff
    70 posts

spent over 12 hours in Norway, not a single crash.
    Once I got to England, Sigurd left, the game started crashing every like 15 minutes.
    Just like that .. i am only walking, not riding, jumping, really just walking, crash.
    I am checking map, not even clicking, crash ..
    England is cursed.

• vfilipc84
    3 posts

Game crashing randomly... even without being on crowded areas where the GPU is more utilized..
    I have monitored my GPU and my temps are the ones expected.. I used the DDU tool to try different drivers.. all of them with the same issue.
    Today I have updated my VBIOS as well as I wanted to try the new feature resizable BAR and hoping that would fix this issue. Nothing.. still the same
    The only error message I get is Display 4101 under windows events registry.
    I have the 3080 TUF OC 10gb graphics card.
    I was worried about my GPU but seems the rest is having the same issue.
    I never experienced any issues with Anno 1800 fortunately... only with Valhalla! Please fix it!

• Parlagulf
    13 posts

@nicksheperd I've also been having significantly more crashed on AC Valhalla lately. I'm unsure what occurs in particular to make the game crash. I've had it crash while sitting on my horse (the black pegasus skin if that might matter) and watching my raven get the items off a guy I just shot, while looking at the map and hovering over a fast travel location, one time in combat in a small raid on the east coast of the main map (not river raids mode), and in a few other seemingly random spots. I've been sending the crash reports every time, so hopefully somebody can find a common denominator in those!

I am very pleased with how often the game auto-saves though! It has definitely saved me from rage quitting due to lost progress a couple times. I hope this major issue will get resolved soon!

• SpareTheBull
    1 posts

Hi everyone o/

Chipping in here to mention that the game is the most unstable it's been for me since. Running a high-end PC system with a new CPU and a 2080ti. Until the last update the game was completely stable. Now it's near unplayable. I can't get more than 15 minutes of playtime in Frankia. It's stable outside of it.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey there @TORBACI_3 - welcome to Discussions. I am sorry to hear of the CTDs you have been experiencing in Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC since the deployment of TU 1.3.2.

It is appreciated that you have documented some of the troubleshooting steps you have already tried here in the thread. There are several that have not been mentioned that are in our PC troubleshooting guide, so I would first like to ask that you run through those steps and see if they help. If those steps fail to resolve the issue, I'd next recommend performing a clean boot of your system and performing disk cleanup, just in case there are any temp files causing issues.

Finally, I am also curious to know whether, if you run the game from another user account on your PC, the game will launch properly when you select to run it via Ubisoft Connect. Could you please set up a new administrator account, and give this a try?

Please let me know how this goes, and I'll be happy to recommend further steps if they are needed. It would be helpful if, should the issue persist, you can provide copies of your MSINFO and DXDIAG reports via a support case for us to review as well. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • ChuckKatse
    312 posts

Today I tried to launch AC Valhalla to see the new content that was to be included October 19th. Every time I try to launch AC Valhalla it crashes and tells me to send a crash report. Never had any problems launching the game in the past.

• Oeystein123
    2 posts

Hello, I have severe problems with my Valhalla game. The game struggles at start up, and it is so laggy that im not able to play the game. All my drivers, including windows are running on the latest updates. The pc should also not be a problem as these are my components: 
    i7-10700K
    RTX 2080 SUPER 
    32GB RAM 
    1tb hdd
    1 tb ssd (game is installed on ssd) 

Im not struggeling with any other games, but Valhalla is not playable.. I also have a lot of problems starting the game up, it crashes or/and uses alot of time starting up.. Im not sure how to fix this, i have tried several fixes that i have found on youtube, and your forum etc. None of these seems to work, and im sick of this [censored].. Sorry for using this word, but im very annoyed about this.. I have tried reinstalling it twice, still the same problem..

Thank you.. 

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 977 posts

@oeystein123 Hello there.

Sorry to hear you're seeing crashes with AC Valhalla.

I understand you've already followed some troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. Could you please take a look at our PC troubleshooting guide here and ensure you are able to try all of the steps you have not yet tested.

If you continue to see crashes with Valhalla once this has been done, could you please get in touch with our support team and attach your generated system files. The team will be able to take a closer look for you and offer some more tailored troubleshooting. Please be sure to let the team know which troubleshooting steps that you've tried already!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach back out.

Official Response
  • Oeystein123
    2 posts

@ubi-nacho Thank you for your help, but it doesnt look like it works.. I have done everything in the troubleshooting guide, and still the same thing..

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey there @archsh3riff,

I believe I may have replied to one of your posts in another thread referring to crashes, but if not and I am mistaken, here's what I would recommend -

Should issues persist after all steps above have been performed, please let me know whether you are provided with any specific error codes / messages when the game crashes, and whether the crash is to your desktop or a freeze in-game. Do the crashes occur after you complete a particular action or travel to a particular place?

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics