ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 55 Likes/1982 Replies/141620 Views
    Vimorain
    19 posts

same, last few days ,since update, Valhalla keeps crashing more and more often . FarCry6 works fine for hours on end . time limited event and i cannot have game running for a moment without CTD . really bad .

• Vimorain
    19 posts

@ubi-karl since its all over the variety of systems and started with the new update , its clear where the problem is . thing is ,also, will event be prolonged to compensate for crashes ? and will fix even come before its over?

• lNTERACTiVE
    7 posts

So, any updates about this bug?

I built all new PC with all new hardware with RTX 3090 card from MSI without any OC - and it still crashes the same as on my old PC with GTX 1080. Sometimes i can play weeks without crashes, sometimes it crashes every 30 minutes. The cause of the crashes from the player's side is impossible to find out.

UBI, please search this crashes on NVIDIA cards with latest drivers!

It is very difficult to play new DLC when the game constantly crashes. I have no such problems with any other UBI game, including Division 2 and Watchdogs Legion on ultra-high options with RTX. it's definitely not overheating of the card or power supply.

In the meantime, I want to know more information on this:

• Does the Valhalla crashes on AMD cards?
    • Does the game crashes on built-in processor Intel videochips like Intel HD graphics 600-700?
    • Does the game crashes on Windows 11 the same its crashes on Windows 10?
    • Does the game crashes on NVIDIA card with Resaizable BAR bios update patched? (my RTX 3090 not patched yet)
  • Vimorain
    19 posts

did full clean reinstall ,prior to which I deleted any and all previous files . still crashing ,even after using Very High instead of Ultra details . not to mention number of bugs like several audio issues in settlement .

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2778 posts

Hey @xgeorgianx

I'm sorry to hear your game is crashing on launch. Please can you check through the steps in this article and see if there's anything you haven't tried yet, as we just need to rule out any of the most common causes of issues on PC first of all.

If you still have issues after this, let us know here and we can create a support case for you, as we'll need to get some system files (DX Diag and MSINFO) from you to look into this further. You can find how to create these files from clicking on them towards the bottom of the page on the above link. 

If you would prefer to contact us via live chat, you can do so here and we can get your files from you whilst speaking to you on there. 

As live chat isn't always available, you can also reach out through a private message on Twitter or Facebook if you prefer, as that will also create a case for you and we can then get your system files off you through there. 

If you do contact us through one of the above options, please let us know, otherwise we will create the support ticket for you if you still need assistance.  

Official Response
  • Krautrichter
    1 posts

Same here. Constant crashes. Could be Denuvo, its notorious for being unstable.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

@kurush1990

Hey there.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

The first thing I would suggest is to attempt each step suggested here. These steps are known to resolve most of the common causes of crashing/freezing on PC. 

If after doing so you're still experiencing issues please let us know so we can offer further assistance. Thanks!

Official Response
  • sirpixelman
    2 posts

The game used to run great on my setup. I gave it a break for a while, went back to it today and its non-stop crashing. Tried deleting the cache, which allowed me to play for 30 minutes instead of 10.
    Huge bummer, was really looking forward to finishing this finally.

• DerellLicht
    11 posts

I got this through Epic; played for awhile (1d 14h per Epic's data), then uninstalled it.
    This was a few months back.

Now I went back and re-installed it, ran first time and Ubisoft downloaded a large update to the game, then displayed "Play",
    but when I click Play, it opens the AC:V logo screen, initializes, then just sits there with a spinning circle, essentially forever (actually, I only left it spinning for 20 minutes, but that should be sufficient).

I tried the following fixes with no effect:

1. put Ubisoft offline
    2. ran Verify Files; all verified fine.

Is there a fix for this??

My system:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, all drivers/files updated
    NVidia GTX 1070 Ti, current drivers
    CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
    Install disk: Samsung 980 Pro, PCIe4 NVMe interface, plenty of free disk available
    32GB DRAM, 18GB free

• vasilis2004
    1 posts

Same here, 1.4.0 killed the game...

• FastSmitty
    28 posts

@kronograf I am still have this issue to this day

• Darki_darK701
    3 posts

since patch 1.40 I've been experiencing crashes, I was able to avoid them by verifying the game files but it prevented them only for a few hours until they came back.

• Teflon490
    1 posts

Standing in the long line of users for whose the game CTDs randomly. Started playing it a few days ago and it crashes infrequently, sometimes several hours straight without a crash and then 2 crashes in half an hour. Glad to see it is not my PC's instability (any other game is rock solid), but not glad to see it is still not patched after such a long time since the release.

• furbe8
    5 posts

Patch 1.4.0 has been very unstable so far. It's crashing all over the place...
    Please fix it asap!

• SNadrowski
    7 posts

Game crashes, pops up a network services error and I lost oll my opal (800+).

• SNadrowski
    7 posts

ok, I solved the issue by running ubisoft connect as administrator. weird...

• Thanakir
    2 posts

Similar to others: game became unstable after patch 1.4. It worked well before, now I get crashes often.

• Orangeater
    3 posts

@idanmer 1.4.0 update definitely. I crashed couple times when I was on Ravensthorpe. And the screenshots pin on the map from the other players online were loading rly slow. Seems like whenever it needs info from the sever and the sever can't feedback well, it crashes.

• DerellLicht
    11 posts

I got this through Epic; played for awhile (1d 14h per Epic's data), then uninstalled it.
    This was a few months back.

Now I went back and re-installed it, ran first time and Ubisoft downloaded a large update to the game, then displayed "Play",
    but when I click Play, it opens the AC:V logo screen, initializes, then just sits there with a spinning circle, essentially forever (actually, I only left it spinning for 20 minutes, but that should be sufficient).

I tried the following fixes with no effect:

1. put Ubisoft offline
    2. ran Verify Files; all verified fine.

Is there a fix for this??

My system:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, all drivers/files updated
    NVidia GTX 1070 Ti, current drivers
    CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
    Install disk: Samsung 980 Pro, PCIe4 NVMe interface, plenty of free disk available
    32GB DRAM, 18GB free

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3115 posts

Hello @derelllicht thanks for getting in touch with us about this disappearing play button.

Thanks for letting us know what you have tried so far, I have three suggestions I would like you to try, which I think may resolve this for you >

1.Use the locate game tool in our launcher, to reassociate all of the game files so Ubisoft Connect can find them. To do this, follow this guide, then restart the launcher >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000065557

2.Delete Ubisoft Connects cache folder, after first backing it up on your desktop. Please see this guide for how to do this >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061966

3.Should the above step not solve the issue after restarting the launcher, please reinstall Ubisoft Connect and completely reinstall it

Official Response

Suggested Topics