ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 55 Likes/1982 Replies/140022 Views
    Viracocha88
    6 posts

@eatrio Hi Mate, I feel like i have tried everything, I only have these 3 folders for the DLCs left and still can not start the game , Keeps crashing on the splash and achievements synchronization on ubisoft connect.

Have reinstalled the game and verified all the files and there is no problem so im out of ideas.

• Viracocha88
    6 posts

Honestly everyone I have tried everything , Valhalla just doesn't get past the splash screen on ubisoft connect without crashing , I have tried everything meanwhile AC oddesy works totally fine for me.

I have reinstalled the game, deleted the empty folders , verified the files over and over again but nothing is working. please help 😞

• braudrist
    35 posts

@viracocha88 Have you tried bypassing Ubisoft Connect by opening ACValhalla.exe in the game folder?

• Viracocha88
    6 posts

@braudrist I have mate, Every time I g to play the game as admin ubisoft connect always opens automatically

• juristerei
    2 posts

just bought the game, the game crashed 2 times right away at the beginning after a wolf ate the small boy.

cpu r7 3700x video card: 5700xt, driver up to date, 32 GB RAM; windows 10 pro licenced

i resolved - i reduced the graphic quality from maximum to high then i ran this point of the game and then back to very high - just one step lower from the maximum.

ps. WOW! Amazing game...

• crocodilebundy
    10 posts

First crashes in November 2020. Tried for months everything in this thread. Now, 1 year later, I started Valhalla again for the Ireland Addon: Windows 11, newest game patch and nvidia driver (RTX 20280) - the result: crashes every 15 min. Ok, one progress: only crashes to the desktop and no BOD anymore. ;-(

• se7ensynns
    6 posts

pc, everything up to date, ran verify files, crashing happens at any time, in map, walking, riding, in combat, just had one fishing... the previous 2 titles did not crash as much as this has already even with 15 hours aprox. between them, just got game and would love to be able to play it, plz fix and ty, merry holidays

• longjohn119
    1110 posts
    just bought the game, the game crashed 2 times right away at the beginning after a wolf ate the small boy.

cpu r7 3700x video card: 5700xt, driver up to date, 32 GB RAM; windows 10 pro licenced

i resoled - i reduced the graphic quality from maximum to high then i ran this point of the game and then back to very high - just one step lower from the maximum.

ps. WOW! Amazing game...

You are better off using customs settings, for instance things like texture quality are based more on GPU memory (you have plenty with a RX 5700) than GPU power and you can leave them cranked all the way up. Other things can really affect performance and some can be turned down with little noticeable difference to the graphics quality but a nice boost in performance. I highly recommend you watch this video and with your setup you could probably run his suggested custom settings

• satrincha
    13 posts

Hi, i am crashing too (back to desktop with no words), i made my own post, didn't see this one. I try everything you say here last pages, nothing works. (i7-4770K, RTX 2060 SUPER, 32 Gb RAM, W10 Pro 21H2), i can play at maximum setting, i have 50/60 fps, it look great no freeze. But i crash a lot and randomly, after 2mn 10mn, 30mn, 2 or 3h ... really weird, most of the time its when i am taking a look to the map or inventory. But i don't think we can do something, it's the game who need to be patch. This afternoon i play more of 2h of raids river, no crash, this evening, i crash 3 times during raids river in 1h ... (???)
    The way i am sure to crash the game, is start ACV, continue my game, and just when i am in the game, go to the map/inventory, its a 100% crash. If i wait a little or made a quick save, i don't crash. But if i stay to long to look the map, i have a 0x20100302, and if i stay more longuer, crash.
    13 months this game is out, maybe there is no hope 😢

• juristerei
    2 posts

@longjohn119 i didn`t changed the settings of textures and other things i just changed the coomon quality one step lower and i have according to Radeon software about 96 FPS in this game. But i ll watch your video . Tnx

• satrincha
    13 posts

I partially corrected my game crashes with this fix, now i have huge freezes of 5 to 10sc instead of CTD (with the v2, didn't try v1) :
    https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2221-assassins-creed-valhalla-cpu-utilization-fix/: (https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2221-assassins-creed-valhalla-cpu-utilization-fix)
    found here : https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Valhalla: (https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Valhalla)

It's better than nothing. 🤕

• longjohn119
    1110 posts

@juristerei There is an FPS counter built into the Connect app in the Settings and it has very little overhead and isn't very intrusive either. I don't have any recordings of it running in Valhalla but here is what it looks like in Odyssey, it's in the upper left hand corner of the screen and you may have to full screen the video to even see it.

• ShomeAssassin
    8 posts

I still have game crashes even after latest updates, sometimes as soon as i load the save game, sometimes after hour of two, it is very annoying, breaks enjoyment. I dont remember that i had any crashes with Odyssey. Also Valhalla before 1.3 did not have any notable crashes. But now this is atrocious. Drivers are updated, background programs turned off, overlay turned off.

• longjohn119
    1110 posts

@shomeassassin Odyssey had it's problems too but nothing like this .... There were a couple of updates where I had to try 2 or 3 driver versions before I got it stable and then the one where you couldn't play the Atlantis DLC on a RX 5700 because it would crash on the opening scene in Elysium but that just affected that one graphics card .... Most of the bugs were broken engravings and a really annoying visual bug with the horses when you tried to trot that lasted 3 months and the occasional glitch with a Quest where it wouldn't complete but no where at the level it was happening in Valhalla and in Odyssey if you have good save habits you could work around those bugs without losing too much gameplay time

• Viracocha88
    6 posts

Tried absolutely everything to get past the splash screen, nothing has worked . going to try and get a refund.

• S7igma957
    201 posts

@longjohn119
    Playing Odyssey now and game works perfect! No stuttering, no crahses!

• Allysonflb
    10 posts

Hi, just reporting that i'm also having crashes.. My game just closes and go to desktop without any error or word nothing it just closes. Looking at events i get this error everytime it crashes "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered", my GPU is stock and don't have any overclock even from factory, in other games works perfectly but i keep getting this random closes in AC Valhalla.

My drivers are the old 472.12, i also tested with 497.29 and also get this random crash.

GPU: RTX 3070
    CPU: i5 11400
    RAM: 16GB 3200mhz.

• longjohn119
    1110 posts

@s7igma957 Yeah for the last year and a half it's been really stable ..... I did a clear all the maps playthrough last summer, a total of 178 hours and had one crash .... I'm in a Game+ from that save and finally had a CTD crash about 63 hours in and lost about 10 minutes of playtime but couldn't get the crash to repeat. Pretty much all games will have a random CTD every once in a while and it was over 125 hours of gameplay between those two crashes .... I had a single CTD in both my last playthrough of Witcher 3 and HZD too but like Odyssey they weren't repeatable just a minor "glitch in the Matrix"

• longjohn119
    1110 posts

@allysonflb nvlddmkm is the Kernel for Nvidia graphics cards and the most likely cause of a kernel crash in both CPUs and GPUs is an illegal memory access of some sort. Not much you can do about that on your end, that's a usually a problem with the game code and the way the DX11/12 APIs are being used

• Allysonflb
    10 posts

@longjohn119 I was running the game with the msi afterburner with riva to look the temperature of the card.. Maybe is that? I will try play the game without any background program and overlay off to see if stops.. It's a very weird and random crashes.. sometimes it takes 1~2 hours to occour.

Suggested Topics