Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 54 Likes/1958 Replies/123454 Views
    Malkavian213
    2 posts

Just adding myself to the endless mob of customers who can't play the game since roughly the Paris update hit. Frequent crashes, a dozen or so "crash reports sent" (pfft, sincerely doubt that does anything judging by this past year's performance from Ubi) and always at completely random times that cannot be "replicated".

I can at least note that putting my PC into Ultimate-Performance Mode in windows salvaged the last couple evenings, but when I got around to finally advancing the story, the crashes returned, but were more annoying in that the game just super-minimizes itself. It can be heard in background, but the game is shrunk down to what seems to be a tiny, unusable window that doesn't open up or respond to any sort of manipulation attempt so it has to be "closed".

Crashes on initial release were ridiculous and now these have been just as bad since trying to come back to the game. It's. Been. A. Year.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello everyone. I do apologize for the continued crashes that you all are getting when playing the game. Please let me know if the workaround suggested by @ubiqu79 resolves these crashes so that I can pass this along to the team! In the meantime, I do highly recommend running through this guide if you haven't already. If you have, then grab your system files and open a ticket with us on our support site. That way, we can continue to look for causes and pass them along to the team investigating these cashes.

Official Response
  • Reinersdt
    5 posts

Hello everyone, i bought the game last week and i'm about 42 hours in. Unfortunately, like everyone posting here in the thread, I'm also experiencing this issues as well. it would let me play 5 mins then it would crash to desktop and sometimes it crashed during the loading screen. I tried lowering the graphics quality, validating the files, running through administrator, changing the ram performance, and even re installing the game. Yet, the issue persist. This happened to me when i started the oxenefordscire arc, since then i'm not able to play the game properly. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated, i do wanna play this game badly since i played origins and odyssey before.

Spec: I5-10300h, RTX 2060, 8Gb ram

• longjohn119
    930 posts

@reinersdt I did two things that stabilized my game going from 8 crashes in the first 18 hours to 7-8 crashes in the next 120+ hours

1. Went into the Nvidia Control Panel and enabled the FPS limiter to 120 FPS (Helps with FPS spikes in menus or transitions)
    2. This got me the most benefit - I went into the ACValhalla.ini file (found in Documents/Assassin's Creed Valhalla folder) and changed the line that said "TobiiEnabled=1" to "TobiiEnabled=0". That took me from 2-3 crashes a day to a crash every 3-4 days. I also let Windows manage my Page File size to make sure I never run out of space which will often cause a crash. Setting a fixed size Page File hasn't been a thing since Windows XP despite all the nonsense you see by amateurs who think they are experts at tweaking Windows for better performance. Also no overclocks of the CPU or GPU, this game engine has never liked them and you won't gain much in FPS anyway, maybe 2-3 FPS at the cost of stability

• Reinersdt
    5 posts

@longjohn119 will try your suggestions. my ini file doesn't have the tobi enable portion

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 605 posts

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you are encountering this crash on startup and that unchecking the overlay hasn't helped.

As you advised that you haven't completed the windows update the first step I would advise is to complete that and the remaining troubleshooting steps in our troubleshooting article, these steps ensure your device is configured for the game.

If after following this steps you continue to have trouble, it would be beneficial for us to take a look at both your DxDiag and MsInfo files. These files can be shared with us by opening a case.

Any trouble just let us know and we will be happy to help.

Official Response
  • S7igma957
    133 posts

After patch 1.4.0 game still CTD.

THis is unacceptable!

• S7igma957
    133 posts

@ubistorm Valhalla the only one game for me which is crash all the time!
    All other games works fine!
    I think this is all because of denuvo.
    I don't understand one thing! Why i sending crash report after the game crash? I already sended around 60+

• longjohn119
    930 posts

@reinersdt Seems like that is only in the English language versions of the game

• MePlayingGTA
    30 posts

My game crashes every couple of minutes all the time while moving in the area of Canterbury. Pretty annoying to be honest.. Crashing stops when I move into another area. I have the latest version of the game .

• iDanmer
    8 posts

After the last update 1.4.0, the game periodically freezes. No errors or crashes. It just freezes and only helps to remove the process in the task manager. And after the update, I went through all the tombs and there were no problems. But when I returned to Ravensthorpe and began to improve the new armor from the tombs - freezes appeared. I don't know if it's only in Ravensthorpe or not, but now I can't even go through the new tasks of the festival. Fix it.

• Vimorain
    19 posts

same, last few days ,since update, Valhalla keeps crashing more and more often . FarCry6 works fine for hours on end . time limited event and i cannot have game running for a moment without CTD . really bad .

• Vimorain
    19 posts

@ubi-karl since its all over the variety of systems and started with the new update , its clear where the problem is . thing is ,also, will event be prolonged to compensate for crashes ? and will fix even come before its over?

• lNTERACTiVE
    7 posts

So, any updates about this bug?

I built all new PC with all new hardware with RTX 3090 card from MSI without any OC - and it still crashes the same as on my old PC with GTX 1080. Sometimes i can play weeks without crashes, sometimes it crashes every 30 minutes. The cause of the crashes from the player's side is impossible to find out.

UBI, please search this crashes on NVIDIA cards with latest drivers!

It is very difficult to play new DLC when the game constantly crashes. I have no such problems with any other UBI game, including Division 2 and Watchdogs Legion on ultra-high options with RTX. it's definitely not overheating of the card or power supply.

In the meantime, I want to know more information on this:

• Does the Valhalla crashes on AMD cards?
    • Does the game crashes on built-in processor Intel videochips like Intel HD graphics 600-700?
    • Does the game crashes on Windows 11 the same its crashes on Windows 10?
    • Does the game crashes on NVIDIA card with Resaizable BAR bios update patched? (my RTX 3090 not patched yet)
  • Vimorain
    19 posts

did full clean reinstall ,prior to which I deleted any and all previous files . still crashing ,even after using Very High instead of Ultra details . not to mention number of bugs like several audio issues in settlement .

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1181 posts

Hey @xgeorgianx

I'm sorry to hear your game is crashing on launch. Please can you check through the steps in this article and see if there's anything you haven't tried yet, as we just need to rule out any of the most common causes of issues on PC first of all.

If you still have issues after this, let us know here and we can create a support case for you, as we'll need to get some system files (DX Diag and MSINFO) from you to look into this further. You can find how to create these files from clicking on them towards the bottom of the page on the above link. 

If you would prefer to contact us via live chat, you can do so here and we can get your files from you whilst speaking to you on there. 

As live chat isn't always available, you can also reach out through a private message on Twitter or Facebook if you prefer, as that will also create a case for you and we can then get your system files off you through there. 

If you do contact us through one of the above options, please let us know, otherwise we will create the support ticket for you if you still need assistance.  

Official Response
  • Krautrichter
    1 posts

Same here. Constant crashes. Could be Denuvo, its notorious for being unstable.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 775 posts

@kurush1990

Hey there.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

The first thing I would suggest is to attempt each step suggested here. These steps are known to resolve most of the common causes of crashing/freezing on PC. 

If after doing so you're still experiencing issues please let us know so we can offer further assistance. Thanks!

Official Response
  • sirpixelman
    2 posts

The game used to run great on my setup. I gave it a break for a while, went back to it today and its non-stop crashing. Tried deleting the cache, which allowed me to play for 30 minutes instead of 10.
    Huge bummer, was really looking forward to finishing this finally.

• vasilis2004
    1 posts

Same here, 1.4.0 killed the game...

Suggested Topics