ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 55 Likes/1982 Replies/143385 Views
    Breakabletie
    6 posts

your lucky that you game even gets to launch mine freezes at the launcher screen so i have spent 10+ hours trying to fix this issue and have no time in game it sucks that i bought this game a week ago and i still have not even loaded in

• nexiuzzz
    1 posts

I had the issue after updating the nvidia drivers to 457.51, crashes every 10-20 minutes. After reverting to 457.30 the crashes stopped.

• ChewbaccaDefenc
    1 posts

I am trying so hard to finish this game, but the further I progress, the more the game crashes to desktop without the option to submit a report or freezes requiring alt+tab and task manager to close.. Today, I have tried 5 times to start my game, trying to continue after a crash that ended my play last night. Restarted my computer. Opened from both Epic and Ubisofts launcher. All CTD on load.

They got exactly what they wanted. My money prior to the launch of Cyberpunk.

• eniora
    24 posts

Same issue here after updating to 457.51, for the first time the game froze after ~1 hour of playing. I have 20+ hours without a single freeze before updating the nvidia drivers.
    In event viewer and at the time of the freeze, I have the Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. So it's definitely related to the drivers. But I still put the blame on Ubi because no other game is freezing or crashing with new drivers for me except for Valhalla.

• Ryusennin
    167 posts

I've just had 3 freezes in Canterbury in less than an hour. Each time, the sounds were still playing in the background, and I had to force quit the game through the task manager.

I have a Radeon Vega, so the issue is not specific to nVidia drivers.

• triesonyk
    1 posts

This happened to me too. Before update 1.0.4 I had no crash at all, now after the update it crashes after every 15-30 minutes, and some times it restarts my computer.

• longjohn119
    1293 posts
    @znipah123 Yeah I did all those. Nothing worked. I can unfreeze the game by alt tabbing or pressing the Win key. This is such a weird problem. It is happening only in 45x.xx iteration of drivers. 44x.xx is smooth. Not a single crash in 100+ hours.

If I'm not mistaken the 45x series were released with support for the 3000 series and the 44x were pre-3000 series drivers ..... So I would guess there is something new added to the drivers for the 3000 series and the game isn't compliant with them ..... Like I mentioned earlier I had the same problem after an Odyssey update with a 2 week old GTX 1660 Ti and the only way I could get it stable was using pre-1660 drivers which meant I had to go in and hack the driver package and whitelist the GTX 1660 Ti just to get them to install and then used them for 6 weeks until they updated the game again and then the new drivers would work

• longjohn119
    1293 posts
    This happened to me too. Before update 1.0.4 I had no crash at all, now after the update it crashes after every 15-30 minutes, and some times it restarts my computer.

A restart usually indicates the OCP (Over Current Protection) in your power supply was tripped ..... There are basically four modes of crashing in games

1. A clean CTD - This is usually a problem with the game itself
    2. The game locks up, often time the sound still works - This is the graphics drivers crashing and could be either the drivers or the game but most likely the game
    3. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) - This is usually caused by the game trying to access protected memory AKA Kernel Space
    4. Reboot - This usually indicates the OCP in the power supply was tripped and could be either the drivers or the game but most likely the game, or possibly a marginal power supply

• milkybandit
    5 posts

It's become a major issue for me since the new patch update. Was working fine on 1.0.2, but 1.0.4 is released and yeah. I keep getting this:

I'd just started the Lost Glory quest, and looks like I won't be able to finish it. Cool.

• milkybandit
    5 posts

@longjohn119 I get issue no. 2, and only since patch 1.0.4 was released. This patch sucks.

• longjohn119
    1293 posts

@milkybandit

That's the graphic drivers crashing, something in the code is making them puke

Any crash other than #1 you really should run a scandisk, SFC, and verify the game files because if it was making a write to the disk at the time of crash chances are good for a bad disk sector/block

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@ubiexcellent
    pc platform
    crashes before after the update
    random freezing nothing specific

• longjohn119
    1293 posts

@longjohn119
    I did a little research .... the Nvidia 45x is when they moved support to DX12 Ultimate which unified the DX12 API for Windows and Xbox Series X ...... That leads me to believe that Ubisoft isn't applying the new API correctly ...... It likely has something to do with what they did to try to fix the tearing problems on the Series X/S

Also I remember Odyssey had troubles with the 453.xx drivers in August I think and you had to downgrade to the 44x series from April or May

• milkybandit
    5 posts

Already did the game file verifying, currently doing an SFC, and will do a scandisk once that is done.

• longjohn119
    1293 posts

@milkybandit

That probably won't fix the crashing problem but it's just good practices so it doesn't affect other games or the operating system ..... Especially if a crash hoses one of the system files .....

Crashing games are really really bad for your computer which is why I'm not currently even trying to play the game ..... This is also my main work computer since my business is still in the work from home mode and due to an inept Republican Governor things are worse than ever here in Iowa as far as Covid infections and deaths .....

• milkybandit
    5 posts

@longjohn119 Yeah, I'm going to wait for a few months. It kind of sucks, since my place of work will be closed until next February (I'll still be getting paid as a public servant).

I'm pretty lucky to be in New Zealand, all things considered. Stay safe, mate.

• Krephon
    2 posts

Just got Valhalla today and I haven't even touched any gameplay. These freezes and crashes on the main menu or even starting the game prohibit me from playing. I've tried for about 4-5 hours trying to fix this issue to no avail and I attempted to get a refund, because its unplayable. I have all the system requirements, I've tried verifying the files along with changing the amount of ram. reinstalled the game and my computer so many times. If someone knows any info about fixing this issue, I will greatly appreciate it.

• kerjoy615
    1 posts

I have had more errors and game shutting down on PS4 with this new AC than any other games combined. Very frustrating and annoying. I wouldn’t buy it again.

• Skaw-X
    4 posts

i was playing the game earlier today game kept freezing. on boot up got the same black screen your talking about. uninstalled and reinstalled. and now it wont even get to the splash screen

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@longjohn119 You're right. 45x was also when they debuted the Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10. It does works wonders in lots of games like HZD for example. Also weird thing is this issue happens only in AC Valhalla. Breakpoint which runs in the same engine does not crash at all. Speaking of breakpoint, that game has Vulkan API. I wonder why Ubisoft didn't go with Vulkan and chose DX12 instead for Valhalla. IMO Vulkan is far more stable if coded properly. RDR 2 on Vulkan is buttery smooth and so stable.

Suggested Topics