ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 55 Likes/1982 Replies/145978 Views
    premi_pulkit
    19 posts

Latest NVIDIA Driver (460.81) is optimized for "Cyberpunk 2077". I can't believe it.. not only that game is a problem on its own.. even the drivers optimized for this game are a problem for the player.. Hopefully next update for NVIDIA drivers patches this issue..

• premi_pulkit
    19 posts

@bonzospb - Nope.. Try "Cyberpunk 2077". Its way.. way worse. They haven't even given the options of key remapping.. imagine..

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@bonzospb There's new drivers?

• YazX_
    193 posts
    @bonzospb There's new drivers?

nope, new drivers are for laptops.

• BonzoSPB
    17 posts

Hi Ubisoft,

You should have received 7 crash reports from me over the last two days because Valhalla won't play for any longer than approx 15-30 minutes.

I also get this in the launcher logs which may be linked:

[ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:19:57   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (364)       Game with process id 3224 connected (API version: 2.3.0).
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:19:58   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:20:00   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (364)       Game with process id 3224 connected (API version: 2.3.0).
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:20:00   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:24:29   [20180]   INFO    ApiProcessConnection.cpp (289)          Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:24:29   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.

Please get this sorted.

• Saniok_988
    1 posts

@chewbaccadefenc
    i had similar problem, to solve this i did the file check (option from a launcher application), it actually found bad files and redownloaded them.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@bonzospb It is hilarious. I have played over 80 hours of Cyberpunk and there is literally no crash. And then there's this game, which doesn't work unless I roll back drivers to ancient ones.

• BonzoSPB
    17 posts

After getting nowhere with the constant crashes I removed every Nvidia driver from my Windows 10 installation - everything. The lot!

On restarting Windows the OS identified my RTX 2070 and installed Nvidia driver version 26.21.14.3200 dated 24/07/2019.

On starting Valhalla I received a warning from the Ubisoft launcher telling me that I'm running on an unsupported driver.

Valhalla hasn't crashed once since. It's as sweet as a nut!

So, over to you Ubisoft or to you, Nvidia. Who's to blame for this one?

• Mosca_Zz98
    1 posts

Hi all ... My pc isn't overkill but I can hit 60fps without crashing after changing a stupid setting in the graphics menu. It crashed a lot ... whenever there was a cutscene or something during gameplay the game would crash and close without error. I tried everything I could find online and anything worked for me. so i tried to turn down all the details and turn them up one by one. so I found that setting the clutter setting to High instead of Very High didn't crash even after hours. Hope this helps you guys ...

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

the same here there are days that I play for 4 hours or more without problems, there are days that I have D3DDRED2 error every 5 minutes or less.

other games are working normally, I did everything so I did not do the dowgrade for drivers 40 .. from nvidia because I have a 3070 and I do not have this option to test.

• kjenningsiii
    6 posts

Wanted to share this bit of info. The issue is mostly with the video drivers/software and the virtual memory file. This game is VERY demanding and even if settings are slightly off, you will experience issues.

Delete and reinstall your video drivers WITHOUT using the software. Most times, when you run the downloaded exe's, the files extract to a folder and run a separate exe within it for the setup. Do NOT let it run the setup after you've extracted the files out. Instead, close the install portion and point Windows to the extracted folder when using the Windows installer (control panel - dev mgr etc) and let it find and install the drivers on its own. This way, you will have the drivers but NO adrenaline/NVidia software to potentially cause a conflict down the road. Downside, you don't have a single global agent to control settings for all your games. You will likely have to tweak graphics settings for your games individually :(. Not a big deal if you normally do this. Enthusiasts, however, might find this annoying.

There is a video circulating that properly instructs you on how to increase your paging file. This assists in boosting your V Memory. Again, this game is VERY demanding. Follow this video, and both of these together should have you up and running soon. I was originally playing fine, updated and suddenly the game crashed so often I quit. Sometimes it got so bad as to crash in less than 5 minutes.... I've been playing now on max settings at 2k for 2 weeks with a consistent 60fps and only a SINGLE freeze... not a forced crash to desktop... just a simple freeze. Must have been a fluke. Running an RX 5700 XT it made NO sense why I was getting stuttering and random crashes smh..

Hope this helps out~~

K

• kjenningsiii
    6 posts

@bonzospb had these EXACT same error codes smh.. Look at my response below. I put up something I think seriously might help you. Started like 20-30 mins then got down to force quitting after 2-3mins... Stuff was nuts.

• Troopercooper80
    68 posts

This is a thing since launch by the way, I and many others made topics on this, never been addressed by ubisoft.

Now im lucky enough to only rarely get this crash, it’s non critical and windows might seem to report it as hardware failure, but that’s nonsense.
    Its dx12 failure due to Valhalla in some way. (D3ddred2 = fancy code talk for dx12 so naturally it causes a driver crash/reset)

Keep in mind I can play the play the buggiest game released that everyone knows, ending in “2077” without a single crash or issue, on ultra settings for well over 80 hours now.

Nothing wrong with my hardware or system, thank you very much.

This is very much a Valhalla problem the devs need to look at already.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

what worked for me

Well follow what I did to play for hours without freezing or errors.

1 open the game and play until it freezes or gives error.
    2 have on your pc the manual drivers for your video card in case I am using version 460.79-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.
    3 repair video drivers or reinstall drivers
    4 restart the pc and open the game will run without problems, however as soon as you close the game or restart the pc the freezing problem comes back and you will have to do these steps again to work.

for some reason the game has corrupted a video driver file whenever you have the error, requiring you to reset the driver.

• UbiSObuggy
    8 posts

Accounting for all the bugs and CTD... Too many to justify paying for this game. But that's just me.
    What are your opinions?

• OverHaze
    3 posts

So stupid question but how many of you who are having the crash are using dual spears? I ask because I switched to Mournful Cry earlier in the week and had no crashes until I switched back to dual spears today. It's almost certainly unrelated but I guessed it was worth checking.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@overhaze I don't think it has anything to do with me and something related to drivers, since I re-installed my old Vga 1660ti and went back to drivers 457.94 The game worked perfectly, I tested the drivers and updated them to newer ones and it was a freezing error every 5 mintuos, I went back to my rtx 3070, but I can't use these drivers to test it

• Carnatus2
    4 posts

II limited my FPS to 60, a suggestion I saw in a long thread. I went from 5 to six crashes in an evening to none.

• OverHaze
    3 posts

Well I went from no crashes all week to crashing every 10 minutes. The game is unplayable in this condition. I guess I'll play Yakuza Like A Dragon until it's fixed.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@overhaze This issue is never getting fixed. They haven't even acknowledged the crashes/freezes and you're expecting a fix? lol

Suggested Topics