ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 55 Likes/1982 Replies/137921 Views
    Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3650 posts

@Tolkyyn @balderogue I'm sorry to hear that you are both experiencing crashes whilst playing the game.

Can you both please go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here then try again.

If the issue still persists, could you please submit a support ticket and attach your system files, dxdiag and msinfo and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you. 

Official Response
  • KIRHAN30
    4 posts

@tolkyyn I suffered from crashes every 5-10 minutes. I've tried everything but only after underclocking the video card by 100mhz, the crashes completely disappeared. I have Gigabyte 2070s factory OCed and not a single game crashed on me due to factory overclocking except for Valhalla. Now I have special profile in MSI Afterburner for this game only. Hope this helps

• longjohn119
    1033 posts

@tribble82 Verify your game files in the Connect App. I do that after every title update and this one broke 39 Forge files and 4 sound files. It will only tell you that it fixed some files but afterwards if you go into the game folder you can tell how many and which ones by the file date and timestamps

• Tolkyyn
    121 posts

@ubi-keo I have started following your instructions. If the game crashes after I've finished, I will create the support ticket. Thank you, balderogue

• Ubi-Keo

@tolkyyn You're welcome, I hope the troubleshooting helps to resolve the issue.

Official Response
  • PatrickE2012
    1 posts

Since the latest patch, the game is crashing on me frequently. I made sure to get the latest driver for my graphics card, which didn't help. It was crashing about once every couple hours all week, but today it's worse. Now I'm stuck. It just keeps crashing within a minute or so of loading my latest save. I'm in Ireland on the south side of Ulster trying to head north toward a trading post on the map. It's crashed four times in a row now within a couple minutes or less. I can't make any progress. I've tried taking slightly different routes north. It doesn't seem to matter. I move a few hundred meters in game at most and it crashes. I've rebooted and tried again. Crash. So basically it's unplayable. A nearly year old game is unplayable because of bugs.

• Nandy-bear
    1 posts

Starting yesterday the game started crashing infrequently, and every time it crashed it couldn't sync achievements nor save to cloud. I disabled save to cloud and it helped a little but the crashes have gotten more and more frequent and now I can't play more than 5 minutes at a time.

It seems the game is exiting every time it loses connection to Ubisoft services, which is a bit nuts considering it's a single player game (that has already been cracked) and is absolutely ruining the game. Nothing on my end - everything up to date, temps are fine, game is on an M.2, even my antivirus is disabled. My system specs are fine, the game isn't putting anything under full load (well my graphics card, but it's also maxing out at 75c, well within limits). It crashes and then complains about Ubisoft sync so it looks to be that. This is really poor service.

• longjohn119
    1033 posts

What worked for me was going into the ACValhalla.ini and changing "TobiiEnabled=1" to "TobiiEnabled=0" ..... It didn't completely cure all my crashing problems but I went from 8 crashes in the first 18 hours to a crash every 3 or 4 days or about 8 crashes in the next 120 hours of play.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @nandy-bear and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your game is crashing.

Can you please go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here and the Ubisoft Connect connectivity troubleshooting steps here and try again.

If the issue still persists can you also check your background processes and confirm if the following processes are running VoiceControlEngine" and "VoiceControl_Service".

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

Hi @patricke2012 and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes whilst playing the game.

Could you please go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here then try again and confirm if the issue persists.

Official Response
  • widowmakerjack1
    2 posts

@ubi-mark nah nothing fixes it, the games should be made to be able to run with other programs such as for peripherals. Not going to spend stupid amounts of time figuring out why my game doesn't work when the game developers should be making the game so no-one has any issues. Wasn't asking for help, more voicing my displeasures in the hopes ubisoft make more stable games in the future

• Ubi-Keo

@widowmakerjack1 I can understand your frustration with those games crashing. There can be a number of reasons that this is happening.

As my colleague Ubi-Mark suggested, we would recommend going through the PC troubleshooting steps in the link that was provided.

If you change your mind and would like further assistance with this then please go through those troubleshooting steps and if the issue persists, could you please submit a support ticket and attach your system files, dxdiag and msinfo and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

@peteycrnk - Welcome to the Discussions forums! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing frequent crashes in Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC. I would recommend that you run through our PC troubleshooting to begin with, to eliminate the possibility of any common problems impacting your ability to run the game without issue. In particular, make sure that there are no software conflicts, that background applications have been disabled, and that both Ubisoft Connect and the game .exe are running with administrator rights. If, after completing all of these steps, you are still seeing persistent crashes occurring, please open a support case on our website and submit your MSINFO, DXDIAG and log files to us for review and further investigation. Thank you!

@ElectricSquall - For your information and reference, Ubisoft Support are unable to provide any legal advice, nor discuss any legal complaints you may have with you. If you'd like to raise a legal dispute, you will need to contact a legal representative who can represent you and communicate with our own legal team on your behalf. Thank you.

@WeekEndRonin - I'm really glad to hear that you were able to identify the cause of your crashes, and resolve them! Thank you for taking the time to share your solution here in this thread as well for other players to refer to. Just in case you weren't aware, it is possible to capture screenshots directly in-game by pressing F12. Your screenshots are saved within a named folder inside your Pictures directory - please let me know if you have any issues with locating this if you try using it! 🙂

@Tribble82 - Welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that since the deployment of TU 1.3.2, you have been experiencing frequent crashes in-game. Can you please advise me of your system specs in brief, as well as confirmation of whether you have completed our basic PC troubleshooting steps already? Have you tried verifying your game files within Ubisoft Connect as suggested by @longjohn119, in case any files were replaced, moved or corrupted following the update? I'm happy to investigate the issues you're facing further with you as soon as I can acquire some additional context and information. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

Hi @longjohn119 thanks for providing a solution that helped to reduce the crashes for yourself, this may help any other players who are experiencing this issue.

Official Response
  • The...DEvil
    5 posts

1 year since the game is released and it STILL keeps crashing regularly

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

@the-devil Hello there! I've moved your post to the support forums for better assistance from our dedicated support team!

Official Response
  • andolt
    1 posts

While playing wrath of the druids the games crashes nearly every 10 minutes. i even couldn't finish the raid.
    Pc spec
    i5 8600k
    16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    gtx 1660
    directx 12
    latest driver 496.13

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @andolt adn welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes whilst playing the 'Wrath of The Druids' expansion.

Can you please go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here then try again.

However if the issue persists, could you please submit a support ticket and attach your system files, dxdiag and msinfo and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you. 

Official Response
  • TORBACI_3
    1 posts

I have around 120 hours of played time in this game prior to the latest update and I've never had a single CTD. After this latest update I now have a CTD every 5-10 minutes.
    Same computer, same specs, same windows, etc. Yes my windows is up to date and so are my drivers, please spare me the usual "are you sure it's plugged to an outlet sir?" trash tier of troubleshooting. Everything was working just fine before I updated the game. Already tried uninstalling and downloading the whole 120gb again for a fresh install. Already tried disabling background applications, not like this would be the issue anyway but this is part of the trash tier troubleshooting questions so I just wanted to take this out of the way.

Not sure if related, but another issue I've been having after the update is that I can no longer launch the game through ubisoft connect's "play" button. I have to open the .exe directly from the directory. If I try through the ubisoft conect launcher it is eternally stuck on the ubisoft connect loading window that shows before the Valhalla banner. The one where it usually synchronizes achievements and whatnot. See:

The irony is that if I open the game through the .exe file directly from the installation folder it goes through that same ubisoft connect window, except that this time it actually does what it's supposed to do and it launches properly.

Specs: Windows 10 LTSC, 16gb RAM, i5 9600kf, GTX 1060, game is installed on a NVMe SSD (not the system drive).

• archsh3riff
    126 posts

spent over 12 hours in Norway, not a single crash.
    Once I got to England, Sigurd left, the game started crashing every like 15 minutes.
    Just like that .. i am only walking, not riding, jumping, really just walking, crash.
    I am checking map, not even clicking, crash ..
    England is cursed.

Suggested Topics