Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • NickSheperd
    Original poster 4 posts

I had the exact same problem with Watch Dogs Legion, both games I'm playing through Ubisoft+. Yes I meet the requirements, yes I've verified files, yes my drivers are up to date. I'm seriously starting to think that Ubisoft+ is the cause.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• murderdude1
    1 posts

@nicksheperd im having the same issue, i also have ubisoft+. i thinks its because their servers cant handle the load of people trying to play.

• Luenz17
    1 posts

@murderdude1 Yes but why it would have something with internet connection ? I mean the game can be played offline right ?

My girlfriend just had her first crash randomly, game closed with no error.

• kalpdal86
    8 posts

@nicksheperd Same for me except i can only play for 5-15 minutes. Looked at the log for Ubisoft connect and it says my game disconnected from the server just before crash.

• PrinceznaAriel
    3 posts

@nicksheperd do u have any solvetion? i have same problem

• Weeev
    5 posts

Does anyone have a solution for this?
    I'm not on ubi+, but the game just goes black for a second then back to desktop and nothing. It keeps running in the background (the music) but I can't do anything to recover it, forced to kill the process. Every 15-30 mins 😞

• PrinceznaAriel
    3 posts

my game just crashed after 15-30min and nothing else.. just quit..

• CloakedDrifter
    3 posts

Same with the crashes. Although I'm often getting them on the title screen, before I even get in to start playing. I am not on ubi+, but playing retail owned game. The most stable gameplay I've gotten so far was with Ubi Connect in offline mode. Was able to get through the entire first mission (get your crew back, sail to your settlement), at which point I thought all was well and closed the game to make lunch or something. When I came back and loaded the game, it kept freezing on the title screen enough to the point I just gave up. So maybe playing offline is the way to go once in the game. But it doesn't seem to stop my menu/title crashes. *shrug* I was looking forward to this game, but I have plenty of other things to play. I'll come back in a week or so and hopefully there will be a couple patches to clean this up.

• LampTLDR
    2 posts

I have the same issue. Ubisoft+, game runs great for precisely 18 minutes 30 seconds and then crashes randomly. All drivers, files, etc, are up to date. I have found no fix, but glad to find others with the same problem.

• TheWitchDoctorr
    1 posts

@nicksheperd

Hi everyone, have been having this trouble since launch, exactly the same as describes, played the game for 30mins then crash to desktop but the program was still open and music could still be heard. The fix that worked for me was rolling back the drivers from beta Radeon drivers to the previous stable driver version, haven't crashed since. I also reduced some of the settings in certain areas which makes the game run at a stable 65-70FPS on a Ryzen 7 3700x and a RX 5700XT at 1440p.

Hope this helps someone out there, good luck.

• CloakedDrifter
    3 posts

@thewitchdoctorr I have the same build. Are you talking about the 20.9.1 drivers being the latest stable? That's what I'm using. All settings are default or off in Adrenalin software. Any other settings info you'd be willing to offer that might help? Maybe I'll just do a clean reinstall of gpu drivers, even though I haven't changed anything since I originally clean-installed them a few weeks ago.

• PrinceznaAriel
    3 posts

@thewitchdoctorr its not our problem i think.. we have problem with Ubi+ cause we have problem with connection lost to ubi server and our game crashed if doesnt connected. but thank u for help.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear that you are encountering crashes while using Uplay+

Can you provide us with your MSinfo and DXDiag files via our support website?

Official Response
  • kalpdal86
    8 posts

@ubi-swaggins Did that 2 days ago. No response yet.

• ValantorCiD
    1 posts

Hello guys,

No idea if this will help for anyone but I noticed that my game start crashing after last nvidia drivers update (457.30) and after I back to the previous version (457.09) there is no more freezes crashes etc.

• klaus_stein
    1 posts

Got the same problem while having a lot of error messages for connection errors. I dont get why ubisoft forces that stupid and buggy always online feature on their mainly singleplayer games. If you want such a useless feature then you better get your servers working all the time properly.

• kirbc
    14 posts

For those who has a crash issue with a disconnected server message that pops up. You might wanna try to fix the issue with Ubisoft launcher, instead of the game. There is nothing we can do with denuvo, why do we have to be always online to play it? I don’t know. Anyway, try opening the launcher for a few minutes, don’t do anything else, and if you see a yellow text below saying that it’s trying to reconnect to a server. Then Ubisoft’s launcher is the problem, not the game. You would be fine if you bought the game, as you can play it offline. But because you and I are cheap bastards, we have the Ubisoft+ version of Valhalla, which has a more aggressive denuvo. But don’t worry there are several tutorials to fix this issue on YouTube. In fact, hundreds of thousands has this same issue. Many people has solved it. but I’m unfortunately the unlucky. Why Ubisoft is the only launcher that has this issue? I don’t frigging know. Why does Ubisoft not fix an issue knowing that there are hundreds of thousands known to have this issue? I guess they don’t care. So I’ll continue my search tomorrow and hope I fix it.

• m.alhayek
    2 posts

hey i play a 2 hours and its all fine
    then today just start the game and every 16 min its crush and go to desktop and can't play until i close the uplay and relaunch the game
    i try everything i can all driver reinstall and win last update 
    also i reinstall uplay 
    and same 
    what i should to do ??

• m.alhayek
    2 posts

@nicksheperd ya same here in yesterday i just play almost 3 hours all fine i have some FPS drop but its ok
    today start the game and after 20 min its crash i try everything i reed on net but nothing work with me
    it's really shame 

• TheBalance1016
    2 posts

Same problem, tech support was no help, Ubi+ can't be refunded.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics