Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • NickSheperd
    Original poster 4 posts

I had the exact same problem with Watch Dogs Legion, both games I'm playing through Ubisoft+. Yes I meet the requirements, yes I've verified files, yes my drivers are up to date. I'm seriously starting to think that Ubisoft+ is the cause.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Remsy101
    4 posts

Game keeps crashing ?cause uplay keeps getting disconnected. This only happens with this specific game ive never had this issue before with uplay.

Edit: It also crashes when applying new graphics settings

• nielsoonk
    13 posts

Hello Remsy101,

This is most likely due lots of people trying to access/connect to the Ubisoft servers. Please be patient as I am sure you will be able to download the game and/or play as soon as the traffic gets less.

Make sure your internet is not the cause of this.

• Remsy101
    4 posts

@nielsoonk probably the cause. I have 110mbps down ethernet other apps running fine

• FinkJeremia
    3 posts

Same here buddi i'm on pc 2080ti i9 9900k playing 4k game keep crashing every 5 minute impossible to play

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 675 posts

Hey folks, are you able to replicate these crashes or are they happening randomly? I'd recommend running through this FAQ to resolve, and getting in touch with us if the issue persists.

Official Response
  • kirbc
    14 posts

it happens randomly for me. when it does crash it usually displays that i have been disconnected from the ubi connect.
    please let us have an offline mode, game pass allows you to play offline so i dont see any reason why this shouldnt be implemented when we know issues like this is going happen on every new game that comes out.

• jmt20000
    2 posts

Hello,

Having some problems shortly after starting the game post the introduction in the area where you take control of the character and need to find your crew. The game has frozen 3 or 4 times and I've had to do a force close using the task manager. Running at 4k Ultra settings for the most part (shadows set to very high) at 90 percent scaling and FPS set to stay above 60 FPS. System is an i9-9900k with a 2080 ti.

Will investigate more when able. Great looking game so far!

• ziggystardust10
    4 posts

got the game on Ubisoft +, it plays smoothly for a bit (60fps), but then the freeze occurs, it stays for a second then goes away, only to come back after a couple of minutes.
    Every time it happens ,the freeze gets worse and worse ( reaching up to 5-8 seconds) had few crashes too, i noticed also what I can only qualify as a memory leak, as my RAM usage on the game reaches 11GB... I lowered the settings, drivers are up to date, verified the files, reinstalled the game, fiddled with the antivirus, nothing works, can you help me please?
    the game is stored on an SSD
    pc specs : i9 9900k / gtx 1080 / 32 GB RAM 3000 Mhz

• Nikosbe83
    1 posts

Hello,

I have a problem with this game, the freeze always. i some time i can play 5 minutes, some times is after just relaod the last save. It is just not playable.

My computer is a i7 4790 and GPU 1080GTX, i played in 3840x2160 all in low.
    Is is possible to send you a log file ? if yes plaese tell me were i can find this.

Edit : i run the test, and the test is ok no freezing during the test

Sorry for my english i am Belgian

Regards
    Nicolas

• Tolkyyn
    52 posts

@jmt20000 My game doesn't get that far before freezing. Just after the intro video, when the screen is all white, it just stops and you hear the loop of sounds, and nothing more. I've verified files, it's just not working. I have a high end PC, so that's not the issue. Not only that, when I try to go add to my ticket, the website freezes and there's an endless loop (has been going on now for one hour) of the Ubisoft symbol, but it never moves forward.

• timocl
    1 posts

For me this is often triggered when using Hybrid input mode, when switching between controller and mouse/keyboard on the fly. Since I changed input to only by Xbox controller instead of Hybrid, I have not had the freezing issues.

• Ela_1s_Bae
    5 posts

Hello,

I have been playing Assassins creed Valhalla for about 9 hours, but until now it has been crashing after about 2-4 min of gameplay. And i have no idea why game just freez and it does nothing, i can still hear music in the background.

Thanks for the help!

• GeorgeMKane
    3 posts

@ela_1s_bae Try setting the "Environment Textures" setting to medium, under graphics options.

I'm not from Ubisoft, but this has fixed a number of issues for others already.

(It has the picture of a leafy wall, with a few trees in the background).

It could also depend on your specs. If you have a lower tier build, you may be looking at setting all graphics options to medium. Consult with the pc specs graph that Ubisoft provided earlier, and go from there.

• Ela_1s_Bae
    5 posts

@georgemkane

Ill try that my specs are: 3080, 3700x, 16gb 3200mhz

• G1nger-M1nge
    1 posts

game keeps crashing mainly when i'm in a boat, travelling across water. tried multiple solutions. gonna have to wait for a patch most likely

• Ela_1s_Bae
    5 posts

@georgemkane
    Hello agian,

It didn't work it made it crash even faster, so im at a loss here,

• VIrumZz
    4 posts

Mine last 10 minutes or so before freezing the screen. I can still hear the environment, ship, water etc in the background. Its a development problem and needs to be patched ASAP.

• Ela_1s_Bae
    5 posts

Got it to work somehow, looks like it was a location that was the problem.

• lucioleal
    2 posts

I cant play anymore game crashes everytime, the face expression is bugged, and i cant upgrade my skills, i need help. I already try slow donw graphics (not working in anyway).

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics