Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    546 posts

@asryan2a I would suggest letting Windows manage the memory and you'll never run out unless you hard drive is running out of space ........ That nonsense of setting the Page File manually hasn't been true since Windows XP .... I'd suggest watching this video

• zio.pino
    12 posts

@asryan2a 32*1,024 = 32.768

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Bump. Same on Stadia.

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

@longjohn119 I'll leave on auto then i guess it's not the issue

• crocodilebundy
    7 posts

same here - newest patch, newest geforce driver - 20 min - crash. okay, i have played the main story, no one needs the 'event' dlcs. i quit.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

I am done with Valhalla even though I bought the Ultimate Edition and DLCs are coming. Uninstalled it, not looking back and last Ubisoft game I am spending money on.

I have played the game since launch in november, completed it almost 100% (minus the fishes that were no where to be found), never had a crash. Then came the "Christmas event" that totally broke my game with crashes every 5 minutes. It has never been correctly addressed in each of the following updates.

I. Am. Done.

• zio.pino
    12 posts

@dlmthree i still have no crash after this: seem that if you have windows with default memory control , the game crash, i saw a video on youtube that subjest it for fix AC Crash.. here a guide : https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-virtual-memory-size-windows-10 i dont know if only this or the problems are more, i play for more than one hr then i close the game, no crash 🙂 so happy (for now)

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

@zio-pino its a major problem from the game if thats the case. Anyhow, it doesnt solve console crashes or Stadia ones.

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

@zio-pino Is it still good for you?
    you just have to set it up for the drive on which the game is installed right?

• Skylinee87
    19 posts

Increasing Virtual Memory does nothing. I've done it back in December and crashed several times shortly after. Returned to the game in January and still crashed occasionally. Probably won't bother returning to the game until my new gaming PC arrives.

• zio.pino
    12 posts

@asryan2a yes and still work i can pump up graphics and play 1 hour at 4k 120Hz , benchmark perfect "finish without crash" at 40fps , i dont care if is low, graphic stunning i prefer all ultra and play at 40 fps 🙂 and new patch out

• braudrist
    21 posts

@zio-pino Try to do 3 - 6h session and then report back.

• gazzy75
    3 posts

Recently purchased this through uPlay and I'm around 8 hours in and have had the game crash to desktop maybe 50 times. I've tried every suggestion from running as admin, to DDU the Nvidia driver with the most recent, and the November driver, closed MSI, Ubi overlay, reduced graphics settings and nothing makes a difference. I can't believe after all this time this issue hasn't been resolved.

No issues with Origin, Odyssey, Far Cry 5, any steam games or the PC stability in general; just Valhalla.

I'd be open to any other suggestions to try and get more than 10-15 minutes gameplay as I'm sick of playing the same bloody raid over and over and over again because it crashes half way through.

I'd get a refund if I could.

• gazzy75
    3 posts

Why does the Submit My Support Case grey out on the Create Support Case when I select Technical Issues/Game Crash? Are you serious? I can't submit a ticket??

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

@braudrist For now i had no crashes with increasing virtual memory BUT i haven't played more than 2h... we'll see

• gazzy75
    3 posts

@gazzy75

It seems as though Game Boost on my MSI Mortar Max Motherboard is the culprit. Support did get back to me quickly with the suggestion to remove all overclocks. Haven't had a crash since disabling it (over 3 hours now). Hope someone else finds this helpful.

• longjohn119
    546 posts
    @gazzy75

It seems as though Game Boost on my MSI Mortar Max Motherboard is the culprit. Support did get back to me quickly with the suggestion to remove all overclocks. Haven't had a crash since disabling it (over 3 hours now). Hope someone else finds this helpful.

This game engine never has liked CPU or GPU overclocks and besides it's not really worth it just to gain 2-3 FPS while sacrificing stability .... That's been true since Unity

Now that game consoles are x86-64 based and use PCIe 4.0 just like PCs the next game engine should port a lot better to PC

• Ryusennin
    71 posts

On my AMD system, changing the virtual memory from auto to manual does absolutely nothing.

On the other hand, switching UbiConnect offline gets rid of all crashes. It's a radical but not surprising measure, since the game has had numerous problems related to the new launcher and the bug-ridden servers (broken festivals, corrupted cloud saves, non-functioning community screenshots, non-spawning avenge missions, disappearing Reyda quests).

If you keep experiencing crashes/freezes right from the title screen because you click too fast 🤔 on the Start button, give the offline mode a try.

• zardozpt
    8 posts

Some time ago I posted here that I was also having these 'random' crashes to desktop after 5-15 minutes of play.
    Last week I updated one of my HDD to a SSD and I moved the game installation to this disk (previously it was in another HDD).
    So, since I did this I had zero crashes and actually managed to finish the main story and a lot more. So, I don't know if the crashes are related to this or even if they will come back, but I had zero crashes last week and played quite a bit.
    If the crashes come back I will post about it here.

• braudrist
    21 posts

@zardozpt Did you do a format or did you clone the system to the new SSD? A clean format might have done the trick but I'm not willing to go that far. Also, has anyone tried the new 466.11 WHQL driver from nVIDIA?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics