Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

@braudrist For now i had no crashes with increasing virtual memory BUT i haven't played more than 2h... we'll see

• gazzy75
    3 posts

@gazzy75

It seems as though Game Boost on my MSI Mortar Max Motherboard is the culprit. Support did get back to me quickly with the suggestion to remove all overclocks. Haven't had a crash since disabling it (over 3 hours now). Hope someone else finds this helpful.

• longjohn119
    538 posts
    @gazzy75

It seems as though Game Boost on my MSI Mortar Max Motherboard is the culprit. Support did get back to me quickly with the suggestion to remove all overclocks. Haven't had a crash since disabling it (over 3 hours now). Hope someone else finds this helpful.

This game engine never has liked CPU or GPU overclocks and besides it's not really worth it just to gain 2-3 FPS while sacrificing stability .... That's been true since Unity

Now that game consoles are x86-64 based and use PCIe 4.0 just like PCs the next game engine should port a lot better to PC

• Ryusennin
    71 posts

On my AMD system, changing the virtual memory from auto to manual does absolutely nothing.

On the other hand, switching UbiConnect offline gets rid of all crashes. It's a radical but not surprising measure, since the game has had numerous problems related to the new launcher and the bug-ridden servers (broken festivals, corrupted cloud saves, non-functioning community screenshots, non-spawning avenge missions, disappearing Reyda quests).

If you keep experiencing crashes/freezes right from the title screen because you click too fast 🤔 on the Start button, give the offline mode a try.

• zardozpt
    8 posts

Some time ago I posted here that I was also having these 'random' crashes to desktop after 5-15 minutes of play.
    Last week I updated one of my HDD to a SSD and I moved the game installation to this disk (previously it was in another HDD).
    So, since I did this I had zero crashes and actually managed to finish the main story and a lot more. So, I don't know if the crashes are related to this or even if they will come back, but I had zero crashes last week and played quite a bit.
    If the crashes come back I will post about it here.

• braudrist
    21 posts

@zardozpt Did you do a format or did you clone the system to the new SSD? A clean format might have done the trick but I'm not willing to go that far. Also, has anyone tried the new 466.11 WHQL driver from nVIDIA?

• zardozpt
    8 posts

@braudrist I did a clone, but that was just windows 10. I had the game in another disk, now the game is in the same ssd as windows. Btw the crash to desktop is back, so this also had no effect. 😞

• braudrist
    21 posts

@zardozpt Have you tried playing in offline mode like @ryusennin suggested?

• Darkshot_47
    7 posts

Started to play this game again after 2 months (because of Music / Soundtrack issue I had gave up). Now updated the game & game is crashing every 10 - 15 minutes. This never happened before.

• My GPU drivers are up to date.
    • CPU & GPU temp are normal
    • My system meets Minimum & Recommended specs
  • UkOldGit
    5 posts

Same here, not as often as you though. It's crashed 3 times in as many hours.
    Had a live chat with support, everything they suggested I had already done and they more or less cut me off declaring that my amd gpu driver were not up to date despite them being the latest Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1 Recommended (WHQL) the nex driver 21.3.2 is optional and not (WHQL) certified.

• Darkshot_47
    7 posts

@ukoldgit That sucks & upsetting. After recent updates game became more unstable it seems. Literally unplayable for me now.

• Ryusennin
    71 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • archie45672021
    3 posts

Hi,

I've been slowly playing the game for the last few months. But in the last few days the game plays fine then randomly freezes followed by crash to desktop.

I can't now play the game for more than 20 minutes or so.

My PC exceeds the minimum specs for the game.

What's changed in the last few days?, Was then a buggy update?

Cheers.

• Skylinee87
    19 posts

The reason the game is crashing is still this:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. (EventID 4101).

4 months+ and several driver releases since and it still haven't been fixed. This is the only game that is crashing like this, every other game is not crashing the display driver.

• Cristi351
    10 posts

pay 140 euro for a game with too many bugs , blocking in wals in stones , but i give a try ... for 2 days start to crashing every 30 minute 20 15 ... what is this ?

• JasonZ2833
    1 posts

Getting the same thing on a my 3090ftw3. Freezes hard anywhere from 10mins to 1hour. Yet with the same driver on the same PC my old 1080ti it works flawlessly. This is the only game that crashes, so this makes me think its an RTX problem hitting mostly the 3000 series. I really would like a fix.

• Darkshot_47
    7 posts

@archie45672021 Same here. I believe this is because of recent updates. 1 or 2 months ago my game was running okay

• Ryusennin
    71 posts

Fun fact: I finished the game 100% (~220 hours) without a single crash.

Since Christmas and the online festivals, the game has become so unstable with each successive patch that Ubisoft had to postpone the release of their first DLC by several weeks. They even published a recent blog post to "justify" how hard it is to produce a hotfix... for fishes. Damage control at its weirdest.

@JazonZ2833 It's not specific to Nvidia. AMD and console users also get constant crashes.

• Skylinee87
    19 posts

Got a new PC build, completely fresh install with a RTX 3080 and an AMD 5900x. Crashed within an hour of playing with the same ''Display Driver stopped responding and successfully recovered''-error. Exactly the same as it happened with my older PC with a GTX 1070 and i7 4770k. This is 100% a game/driver issue, problem is it happens with any driver recently released.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics