• DancesWithTramp
    7 posts

@pedroagaf you had any luck?

• Joseph2409
    14 posts

@danceswithtramp

Okay.
    Your issue isn't the game

Your issue is you do not have enough ram to effectively run the game and your system

What's happening is once ram usage maxes it uses some of your paging file
    Your paging file is listed in your comp specs you listed above.
    It represents using hard drive space as ram.
    No where near as effective as actual ram..

On your computer if it's a desktop
    How many ram stick slots do you have on your pc?

If you have 4 slots and 2 sticks
    How are your ram sticks organised?

Are they in slot 1 and 3
    Or
    Are they in slot 1 and 2?

• reichsadler5829
    1 posts

@joseph2409 Mine is using 30% of my ram and it is still having the same problem

• Joseph2409
    14 posts

@reichsadler5829 what are your full pc specs?

• DancesWithTramp
    7 posts

@joseph2409 it looks as though it is using slots 2 and 4

• lennestal
    11 posts

Kind of doubt it being an issue of insufficient RAM, seeing as I'm also getting the semi-constant freezing with 16GB of RAM.

• uzeen
    2 posts

@kawasakizedhed Edit! I found a fix, underclock gpu, I did -100. It works good. Tested with the game standing in menu for a while and have played for sometime. No Crashing.

• Joseph2409
    14 posts

@danceswithtramp alright well your ram is installed in series properly

Others are commenting saying they have more ram but get constant drops so I can not say for certain if for you ram is the actual reason.

I will note though that you really are maxing your ram usage, this is likely causing you to not get the performance you could be getting.

Just for your own sake since the rest of your pc is pretty decent,

Upgrade your ram

You'd want to keep your ram consistent. But that's for a further discussion.

Maybe let's wait to see if there is any common trends before having to spend some dollas

• lennestal
    11 posts

I've started getting the constant freezes aswell, after being able to play for almost ten hours without any appearent problems (was before the patch).

• KawasakiZedHed
    2 posts

@uzeen Wow, it seems this does work, its a bit annoying to have to swap my overclock profiles just to play the game.

So backwards to drop your specs to play what seems to be a very graphic intense game....

• PrinceznaAriel
    3 posts

@nicksheperd do u have any solvetion? i have same problem

• Weeev
    8 posts

Does anyone have a solution for this?
    I'm not on ubi+, but the game just goes black for a second then back to desktop and nothing. It keeps running in the background (the music) but I can't do anything to recover it, forced to kill the process. Every 15-30 mins 😞

• monkeyman477
    2 posts

I was able to play the game just fine for the first 7 hours then out of nowhere every 15 mins to an hour the game would freeze mid gameplay or cutscene, i can still hear sound but i have to force the game to shut down via task manager. My specs are 2080Ti with an i9900k cpu 32 gigs of ram, had this issue as well in Odyssey and sad to see it still persists as i am a die hard fan of the game and have 100% AC every game.

• Basic-Pita
    6 posts

I have now found out that (SPOILER ALERT) I only get the freezes in England. Not Norway nor Asgard. Just England.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

I really have a problem here, you were still lucky to be able to play 3 hours in a row after every 15 minutes the game freezes from nowhere.

I hope that a correction will come soon for this, because it is sad to see many people playing I cannot
    :X

• PrinceznaAriel
    3 posts

my game just crashed after 15-30min and nothing else.. just quit..

• mgrizly
    1 posts

@fantazyz78 Perfectly worked for me. Thank you I've tried a bunch of ways before I found your solution.

• CloakedDrifter
    3 posts

Same with the crashes. Although I'm often getting them on the title screen, before I even get in to start playing. I am not on ubi+, but playing retail owned game. The most stable gameplay I've gotten so far was with Ubi Connect in offline mode. Was able to get through the entire first mission (get your crew back, sail to your settlement), at which point I thought all was well and closed the game to make lunch or something. When I came back and loaded the game, it kept freezing on the title screen enough to the point I just gave up. So maybe playing offline is the way to go once in the game. But it doesn't seem to stop my menu/title crashes. *shrug* I was looking forward to this game, but I have plenty of other things to play. I'll come back in a week or so and hopefully there will be a couple patches to clean this up.

• Mrdefectiv
    2 posts

So, unsure if any of y'all are also on pc. I found out my issue was just due to the Adaptive. I have not had a crash in 5 hours after having 5 within the first 30 minutes of gameplay. I turned everything back up to high 60 fps and turned off adaptive quality and it no longer crashes. Mine i guess was having issues changing settings drastically during some motions or options.

• Psych0_Trauma
    60 posts

@basic-pita still freezing on my end. i'm only in England atm, but that patch def botched something. Leave it to booisoft.

Suggested Topics