Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mathis.adam
    4 posts

@lennestal I just don't get how this is allowed. It's as if they don't care about pc players. None of the valhalla youtubers talks about this or I barely see the community talk about this. We seriously paid money for something that doesn't work and they are getting away with it. Sad.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

I was beginning to experience frequent driver timeouts while playing the game but only when I turned on Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) in the Adrenaline control panel. If any of you have it turned on, try turning it off and see if it improves game stability. Same thing for those with Nvidia GPUs as they have a similar feature as well called DSR or Dynamic Super Resolution.

Some games, especially this one don't seem to play nice with this feature on.

• niumura
    11 posts

@nicksheperd same for me. The most irritating is when it crashes during raid and you must start from the beginning.
    Ubisoft must give possibility to have recovery save for such cases. I don't believe they can fix all crashes anyway.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1750 posts

Hello everyone,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

If you're experiencing crashes following TU 1.2.2, the development team are aware of this and they're currently investigating this. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through our forums. For better visibility on the situation regarding crashes after TU 1.2.2, I created this megathread.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Thisisntjon
    1 posts

Issue still persisting after 1.2.2

Have tried running uPlay as admin
    Running game as admin
    Deleting cache for uPlay and for game
    Drivers up to date
    Windows up to date
    Verified files
    Running on SSD

The game ran fine until around 40 hours and just crashes randomly. Could be 5 minutes could be 4 hours. Clearing cache does seem to help for a bit.

• Coach811981
    34 posts

Today has been pretty bad in terms of crashes

Had a bout 4 today alone - doesnt matter what im doing alot happened while in mastery challenges.

Was manageable for a while now it just seems like its worse.

• Gunhed509
    1 posts

These crashs especially during raids or other stuff you cannot save are super annoying!
    Worst of all you cannot see anywhere the reasons for it.
    All drivers are up to date and I'm not using Ubisoft+

• Taurodon
    6 posts

I also have random crashes when I'm playing. Everywhere. And the crashes during the river raids are really horrible. You lose absolutely everything you have collected because there is no auto-save in this specific game mode. I stopped doing these river raids, it's unplayable and frustrating.

• longjohn119
    795 posts

@taurodon I don't know what it is with Ashraf Ismail but Origins too had a really cruddy save mechanism .... For instance I'm was (key word was) doing a recorded playthrough of Origins and you can't make saves and when you quit out of the game even if on a sync point when you start the game up again you'll be in a random location a 100 meters or so from where you quit which breaks the continuity of the recordings. To get around that I would usually go to a blacksmith, call up the map and then stop the recording before quitting out of the game. Then when I start it up again I would run back over to the blacksmith call up the map and then start a new recording ..... That worked OK until I got a bit over 30 hours into the game. Just before I started the battle with Khaliset I stopped the recording and then started it back up (I tried to keep the parts 25-30 minutes long) and after about 20 seconds it glitched and the recording turned off and I didn't see it so I play the entire battle with Khaliset starting just before I enter the pyramid and then the fight in the sandstorm and after I finished that I fast traveled over and took out a level 22 Phylake then went to a Blacksmith called up the map and when I Alt-F9 to stop the recording it started one up instead and then I realized something was wrong. Problem is you can't go back and replay anything in Origins because you can't make any saves nor can you load any saves, So now I have over 30 hours of recording and at least another 20 hours of editing and processing videos and it's all just wasted time because I have a big part of the playthrough that's missing and had no choice but to just quit playing because it's pointless now

All because some knuckleheads couldn't come up with a proper save and load system in a 2018 game .... I think a lot of that same cruddy save code made it's way into Valhalla and it's why saves are so broken and so many quests get dead ended because of "Unable to proceed" problems caused by bad save files

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4193 posts

Hello there.

Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us. I'm sorry to hear that you are still encountering crashes / freezing in-game.

We recently released a hot fix to help resolve crashing issues that some players were encountering following the release of TU 1.2.2. If you have not already, I recommend trying the steps provided in the linked post to ensure that hot fix has been implemented into your game.

If you are still experiencing technical issues in-game, we would first ask you to try some basic PC troubleshooting steps if you have not already. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues like crashes/freezing.

If the issue persists after trying these troubleshooting steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. There can be multiple causes behind a crash or freeze. As every system is unique, these system files help our team to gain a better understanding of what could be causing the issue on your system, and can help us to investigate further. They are also incredibly useful in providing further troubleshooting steps for your specific case. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

When opening a support ticket, please can you include the following information:

• A copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag
    • A copy of your Ubisoft Connect launcher log
    • All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including steps from our linked support article and any additional ones you may have tried from this thread
    • Any error messages or pop-ups you have received, either from the game or during troubleshooting
    • When the crashes / freezes first began, and if they happen at specific locations (such as beginning a certain quest, or in a specific area in-game)

All of this information is helpful for further investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • iMagReX
    6 posts

this still crashing after the hotfix and yes i did the manual save and etc still not working..

• SteveZ_Pun
    273 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I had today 5 crashes after i accept the jobs in Redas store, walked away and CTD. I tried again 1 hour later and no problem.
    But i noticed more crashes after Patch 1.2.2 and always after pickup a opal or finish a quest the autosave causes stuttering, same issue i had before with Dlc content popup, now without popup.
    I play on PC and have more games installed but have only with ACV issues. I have lost my patience

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @iMagReX & @SteveZ_Pun,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering crashes in-game. I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at what might be causing these crashes for you. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

When opening a support ticket, please can you include the following information:

• All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including steps from our linked support article and any additional ones you may have tried from this thread
    • Any error messages or pop-ups you have received, either from the game or during troubleshooting
    • When the crashes / freezes first began, and if they happen at specific locations (such as beginning a certain quest, or in a specific area in-game)

If you encounter any trouble when opening up a support ticket, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll gladly assist further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • zardozpt
    8 posts

actually after installing wrath of the druids everything was fine, no more crashes to desktop and I could play for hours. But recently I started getting crashes again, I had one just now. I was just running around in the middle of Ireland and it crashed to desktop. I have no idea of what might be causing this.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1750 posts

Hello @zardozpt,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes again.

Can you please submit a support ticket with the links provided by @Ubi-Borealis in the previous reply? It will allow our teams to investigate it further for you.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • leonardoinhoqui
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis s it worth opening called? I've been doing this since November 2020, more than 5 or 6 open calls with problems and crashes, and so far not resolved I really lost my patience I can't play more than 5 minutes and it crashes, I've switched PCs and the problem continues, this is a disrespect to the consumer who bought the full version of the game, solving this problem you don't solve now with a new skin all the time, that's good for you, right? mercenary company ! I don't buy another game from you

unsolved cases

some of the calls you still had the cheek and to delete because I didn't even think about it!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @leonardoinhoqui,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing crashes in-game. Thank you for sending us your ticket numbers. I've taken a closer look at tickets 13421790, 13844306 & 14143622 and I can see that all of these cases were closed as we had no further response from you after further troubleshooting steps were sent to you. Please note that support tickets will automatically be closed 4 days after an agent has sent their last response. You can reopen your support ticket at any time if you require further support with the issue, though.

I can see that you've recently opened up a new ticket (14927700) and a member of your regional team has reached out to you. Would you be able to check your case note when you're next able to?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ennod76
    1 posts

Since the last update the game keeps crashing. On ubisoftssite they say “ we are aware of the problem etc”. That was june 16th…. Either fix it or admit that you [censored] up and undo the update since it worked fine before!!!! Your gamees are too expensive to give this kind of “service”!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Ennod76! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering crashes in-game. We are aware of an issue wherein players were experiencing frequent crashes in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2. This specific issue was resolved following the release of TU 1.2.2.1. We are aware that there can be several caused behind crashes in-game for a player, and would like to investigate what is causing the crashes on your game further.

If you haven't already, please can you try all of the PC troubleshooting steps shared in this support article. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes and freezes in-game.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

If you encounter any trouble when opening up a support ticket, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll gladly assist further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Zaxielo
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I have tride everything and it still crashes there is nothing wrong with our Pcs its wrong with your ubisoft client & game coding...

Suggested Topics