• StamiLee
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • StamiLee
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • StamiLee
    20 posts

Solved the problem by downloading the app that disables the factory OC on my GPU. So far no crashes, tested it in the river raids and in DLCs.

• kolliasl21
    9 posts

@stamilee I underclocked my GPU 100mhz. Still crashed after a few minutes. Then set the GPU back to defaults and played for 5 hours with no crashes. I noticed that the last two times I crashed to desktop was when opening the world map. Other than that, the issue is totally random for me.

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@kolliasl21 In what app did you do it? In msi afterburner it doesn't work. I downloaded gigabyte app that shows the exact factory OC that was made, and set it to 0, only then it worked. One dude on youtube advised to lower it to -200 even, but for me, 0 was the less the app allowed.

• kolliasl21
    9 posts

@stamilee Tried both Asus GPU tweak and the radeon software. Each individually, so that one software doesn't override the other. I'll finish the game, avoid purchasing any dlc and any ubisoft game to be honest. The game was running fine before the 1.3.0 update.

• StamiLee
    20 posts

@kolliasl21 I understand. When it comes to fixing and we need help, we are on our own, Ubisoft doesn't really care ones you bought their game.

• niumura
    11 posts

The latest version 1.3.0 but still unexpected crashes, especially in the middle of mission. The most irritating is that you can't save the game 😞
    I am using stupid method - enter war zone (e.g. enemy camp), kill several enemies, leave zone, save then go back to war. Stupid, but I don't trust this buggy game.
    Guys, allow saving at any point! Anyway you will not fix this game. It's already failed game in the series.

• Sebas_ALL123
    2 posts

I bought 1 month of Ubisoft+ 2 days ago, and every time i try to play watch dogs legion or AC Valhalla, it crashes at certain points (like checkpoints).

Before this i already owned the crew 2, and had 0 issues playing it, but after using Ubisoft+ it crashes too. It's not a problem of my pc (It runs cyberpunk ultra at 60-80 fps).
    Is there anything i can do to fix this? Because i want to finish watch dogs legion before my month ends.

• Bluke-1337
    1 posts

Well this is [censored]. Look at where the support team is at now, last time we hear something from them in this topic is 20 aug. No response from them now. I subbed to ubi+ to try ACV but yeah. Crash after crash. Tried it all, lower graphics to low and capped fps and Hz at 60, and it still crash within 30 min without any error report. I even tried to not go in the game and only stayed at the main menu, and yet still it crash after 10-15 min. It make no sense. I really think the ubi devs don't wanna look in to this because it's just a waste of their money.. All bought the game and the dlc's so why even fix it... Kinda sad game companies only see us as payers and not players.. Sorry for bad English, I'm just mad and [censored] off.

• noneofyou
    12 posts

@Sebas_ALL123
    If you get very persistent crashes like at least 1 every 5-15min with no exceptions, also with crashes in menu then basic Ubisoft troubleshooting/DDU install of older/newer gpu driver/ disabling OC/fabric OC might help, it could be on your side. Maybe they will even help you in support ticket.
    However, If you get random, not place specific crashes, while freeroaming, sometimes after 5min, sometimes after 1h, sometimes after 6h then there is nothing you can do, so far we were able to verify that it's the game crashing the GPU through the usage of DX12, this is basically what error in Windows says when the game crashes. People like myself tried literally everything at this point, only thing I have not tried is buying new PC. Either Ubisoft is perfectly aware of the issue and the went ignore/delay mode because they don't want to spend money on fixing it or they still haven't figured how to fix it.

@Bluke-1337
    When support was here, they provided 0 help, they only spam links to basic troubleshooting that won't help for random crashes, ask for msinfo/dxdiag or ask you to open ticket and when you do, there will spam you there with exactly same things and provide 0 professional technical help even if you cooperate with them. And I'm not trying to be rude, this is what it is (you can start support ticket and see for yourself) and most people if not all that were looking for help with crashes here on in support tickets would probably say the same. 

• Sebas_ALL123
    2 posts

@noneofyou Thanks for the tips, ill try it

• Mortilla_
    96 posts

Hello!

I've read that some have managed to resolve this issue by disabling their OC.

I haven't overclocked anything, but I do have a software that enables me to do so: ASUS GPU Tweak III - and it's always running so that I can monitor the temperature.

After turning it off completely, I managed to resolve my crashes!

• longjohn119
    795 posts

@mortilla_ The RivaTuner overlay has long been a problem in some games, I try to avoid overlays in games unless I absolutely have to have them. To get around using an overlay but still being able to monitor everything I use a 7" LCD fed with data from AIDA64 Extreme based on this video from Jayz2cents

Here is a screen cap of what my setup looks like ... I still wants to update it so it shows the percent usage of each individual core so it looks like what I did with the core frequencies on the right

• LightmanN7
    10 posts

Workaround to prevent crashes:

I was getting constant crashes at different places and the only thing that helped me so far is to cap the game's FPS to 70 using the Nvidia Control Panel (AMD users can try it on AMD Control Panel); been playing it for several hours: exploring, raiding and completing quests with no issues.

Note: I don't limit the FPS within the game settings as it doesn't prevent crashing and causes significant lag. I'm playing it on ASUS 4K 144 Hz with RTX 3090.

Let me know if it helped you!

After more than a week without crashing at every game session, i can indeed confirm this totally work ! Thanks a lot !

Ryzen 5 5600X
    32 GO RAM
    GTX 1080
    Windows and all drivers up to date.

• longjohn119
    795 posts

@lightmann7

So it's the same basic problem that was causing Amazon Games New World to burn up some RTX 3090 GPUs ..... It's like driving a car up a hill with the throttle to the floor and then putting the TRANSMISSION in neutral without letting off the gas pedal ..... Something is gonna break if you don't have some sort of RPM limiter

• Skylinee87
    27 posts

@lightmann7

I'd give it some more time. I've tried so many fixes and workarounds and the game will still crash randomly. You can go weeks with no crash, then suddenly it crashes out of nowhere. Since the display driver crashes, the problem may even be on Nvidia's side. Still, it has been 10 months since the crashes started for me and i've been returning every once in a while to play a few sessions. This is the only game that has these issues among the 10-20 different games i've played since i started playing this. I've also played it on two different computers with very different specs.

• noneofyou
    12 posts

Exactly what Skylinee87 said, you can play for days without crashes and then you get like 3 in 2 hour session. The game has been crashing for me for 4 months despite trying and doing everything to prevent it (I also went through ubisoft support process) and it's the only game causing problems, also the community reports these crashes on both Nvdia and AMD gpus so more probability on the game being faulty. FPS limit didn't help me, I tried in-game, RTSS, from AMD driver. But still, if you are being forced to limit FPS that clearly means there is a problem with the game that should be fixed, especially if in-game limiter doesn't work and you don't get warning that game can crash if you don't limit FPS.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 777 posts

@noneofyou Hi there,

Sorry to hear that these crashes persist for you at this time.

There is a patch due to be released with more information here. Included is Improved performance and stability. Should players experience performance issues or crashes after installing this update, please let us know!

Official Response
  • dgrosso80
    2 posts

Hi, Valhalla keeps crashing for me every time I have tried to open it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and ubisoft connect. I have verified the files, I have set the game as admin to try and get it to run that way but has not worked. I just want to be able to play but have no clue what else I should do to try and get it to work. Please let me know if anyone has ran into the same issues or any other ideas of things I should try.

Suggested Topics