Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 752 posts

@dgrosso80 Hello there!

Really sorry to hear you've not been able to boot the game up. Could you let us know if you have been able to launch the game in the past, or if you have always had this issue?

Would you also let us know if you are seeing any particular error messages?

If you haven't already seen our troubleshooting guide, you can see instructions on what to do when your game won't launch here.
    Hope this helps!

Official Response
  • zedszed
    4 posts

Today Sept 7 I was presented with a 26gb update. Seemed appropriate since my game crashes constantly since last update. Played for a few hours this morning with no problems.

Came back several hours later and was present with another 11gb update. Started the game and found all my progress gone after the morning update and now the game wont run for more than a minute with out crashing.

What the heck s going on Ubisoft????

• Craig-Brute
    1 posts

Whenever I start the game, I am approaching black peak, I go for about 30 seconds and the game crashes, this is even after the bath of updates released earlier today, no idea what it could be

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 752 posts

Hi there @Craig-Brute @zedszed

Sorry these crashes appear to be ongoing.
    Despite the game being 'updated' there's a possibility that the newest update is not installed.
    I can confirm there is currently an issue with Ubisoft connect rolling back AC Valhalla to 1.3.0, when the smaller 11GB update is downloaded. This is currently under investigation and you can see more information on this here. Are you able to confirm that when launching the game, 1.3.1 is the one displayed on startup?

Sorry to hear this is affecting you, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • zedszed
    4 posts

@ubi-nacho

Thanks for your reply, UBI's response is much appreciated.

This morning, Sept 8 (CDT), the 65gb update was automatically re-applied and the version is 1.3.1.
    At this time I am unable to determine if there are issues as UBI Connect went offline shortly after the download and has not been available most of the day.
    As of this reply, it is still not available.

• LightmanN7
    10 posts

@skylinee87 My game was crashing at almost every game session. So over a week without a crash is a victory. But i will come back here if i ever crash again. This is also the only game that I have these problems for.

• GirglCA
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rubencillo888
    1 posts

Llevo ya tiempo con el mismo error, estoy jugando un par de minutos, el juego se congela unos segundos y se cierra. He actualizado todo, he vuelto a instalar el juego y comprobar archivos, he dejado el juego solo sin programas/app en segundo plano....tengo un i7-10700k, 16gb y una rtx 2070. Indicarles que llevo asi un par de meses, justo desde que me acabé la misión principal. no puedo seguir jugando y me gustaria que me dijeran que puedo hacer o como me van a ayudar.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Hello there!

@zedszed - The issue wherein Ubisoft Connect was reinstalling TU 1.3.0 should now be resolved. Can you let us know if you've been able to successfully install TU 1.3.1 and can launch the game without issue? If you're still experiencing crashes, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can take a closer look.

@LightmanN7 - I'm glad to hear that your crashing issue has been resolved! If you encounter any further trouble with crashes or freezing in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for further support.

@rubencillo888 - You're currently within the English player support forums. Would you be able to provide a translation of your post for us? Alternatively, if you'd like to receive support in Spanish, you are welcome to open a support ticket and a member of your regional team will reach out as soon as they are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • I.H8.Valhalla
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • noneofyou
    12 posts

@Ubi-Borealis We're happy that you are glad, but did you forward this issue to the dev team? When are you going to address this issue? LightmanN7 mentioned LordTerminator's message with solution to resolve crashes by not using in game fps limiter which is broken and does not prevent from crashes.
    I don't know about crashes, it didn't help in my case but fps limiter is indeed broken, after setting it to for example 65 I'm sitting on 67 fps all the time, this is not how these in game fps limiters work. It should not go above set value, otherwise people can get stuttering because they are not aware that it exceeds their refresh rate (unless they have fps displayed on screen).

@Ubi-Nacho Thank you for the response, I will need many more hours to test if the game crashes on the newest version. My test is reliable because each time I play I follow steps I received during support process so there is no risk of any third party software or whatever else being involved, it's only Valhalla running on completely clean Windows account (to provide even more evidence with msinfo file that my setup is completely fine in case of crash- because ignorant support staff looks for causes of crashing everywhere but no in the game itself). I even started to play Watchdogs Legion and it doesn't crash, so still Valhalla is the most suspicious.

• Skylinee87
    27 posts

Been playing 3-4 hours a day since the patch on Tuesday and have had no crash yet. Will report here if it starts crashing again, but so far so good.

Started playing it again last weekend and got a crash within the first few hours, but that was before this recent patch. Hopefully it's actually fixed now, but since it is so random it's hard to tell.

• fearface
    2 posts

fresh install, crashes mostly during combat and in dense areas. I had 4 crashes today alone. 3 were all in the same area, when Instarted fighting indoor.

• alphamachina
    42 posts

@fearface Mine is the same. Crashed while fighting indoors.

• alphamachina
    42 posts

@captainall I wouldn't worry about it. The game f-cking sucks anyway.

• AlePlay
    522 posts

today unfortunately it happened to me too ... it is something that happens every now and then, impossible for me to try to replicate .. it seems completely random ...

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 552 posts

@noneofyou Thank you for those updates, especially for the fps limiter and the fact that Valhalla seems to keep crashing even on a clean version of Windows. I also appreciate you confirming that another game, such as Legion, doesn't seem to crash at all. That is good to know. If you do continue to experience these crashes after doing more testing with the new update, please do let me know and list off everything else you've done!

@Skylinee87 I'm glad to hear that the crashes for you seem to have resolved with this latest patch! Thank you so much for confirming that!

@fearface and @alphamachina Do these specific crashes only ever seem to happen when you're indoors now? Did anything appear to change after the latest update to the game? @caosck as well, have all three of you attempted to also complete basic troubleshooting steps for the platforms you're playing the game on?

Official Response
  • LightmanN7
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis

Please don't quote me saying you're happy my problem is resolved when you haven't done anything. Thank you...

In addition, don't tell me not to hesitate to contact you when once again, you haven't done anything ... (not to mention that your email support is closed because of the covid and your chat support never seems to be available).

Regards.

• SB_Freeze
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SB_Freeze
    2 posts

why does the game crash every time i start a raid , game runs flawlessly at all times otherwise. my specs exceed requirements. legit every time i start a raid and get near the objective the game crashes. ive tried multiple locations and it happens everytime. this is required to progress in the story and is very frustrating considering i just recently purchased the game on my new pc.

Suggested Topics