Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jetchon
    3 posts

Q.Q I thought $20 was a steal for $1000 worth of games, loving the game too 😢

• KKhanz
    3 posts

@peystaz damn that sucks. I actually upgraded my GPU to NVIDIA RTX 2080 super and PSU on monday as well as added an SSD, and was freezing consistently. I think part of the problem was that in the task managar, the % GPU usage for Ac valhalla never went above 0.1% (and i think it still doesnt). But the clean install for my drivers fixed the problem for me.

• sunejoergensen
    13 posts

I have RTX 3090 and AMD 3900x with 32GB where Watchdog Legions has run butter smooth with raytracing for 40 hours and 100% completion.
    Valhalla is a complete mess not in the GPU where its stable 17-21 ms in Ultra 5120x1440, but in the CPU where it was up to 200 msec (average 16% load) equal 5 fps, totally unacceptable.

Removing Rivatuner, Afterburner, iCUE and all other background "stuff" did help a lot, but this has not been a problem ever also not in e.g. Origin and Odyssey.

But it still goes into a freeze every 30 min or so and can only be killed in the task manager.

BTW: Running from a NVMe the total load time is less than 10 sec.

• Ryuukaze_Ichi
    4 posts

I'm on Uplay+ as well.

In my case, I *know* there's an internet problem that I can't solve.

I haven't had the issue in the last couple days, probably because my ISP finally fixed the problem. Or at least, it isn't as bad.

But in the future, I don't want my game to just crash if I lose internet connection unexpectedly. I don't think the game should exit in that case.

I could understand if you have an always-only requirement for Uplay+, but in that case maybe you just pause the game until the connection returns? It's much better than losing my progress for something out of my control.

If you guys have server problems and all your Uplay+ customers can't play, I think it'll get pretty ugly.

So far, if this is related to Uplay+, this is the only real downside I've found for the system. I'm on XB Game Pass, too, and they don't have this problem.

• longjohn119
    703 posts
    I have RTX 3090 and AMD 3900x with 32GB where Watchdog Legions has run butter smooth with raytracing for 40 hours and 100% completion.
    Valhalla is a complete mess not in the GPU where its stable 17-21 ms in Ultra 5120x1440, but in the CPU where it was up to 200 msec (average 16% load) equal 5 fps, totally unacceptable.

Removing Rivatuner, Afterburner, iCUE and all other background "stuff" did help a lot, but this has not been a problem ever also not in e.g. Origin and Odyssey.

But it still goes into a freeze every 30 min or so and can only be killed in the task manager.

BTW: Running from a NVMe the total load time is less than 10 sec.

Try turning down Volumetric Clouds a notch, for some reason the highest setting causes hitching/stuttering with the CPU and you;ll see a lot of spikes in the CPU graph..... I noticed that the first time I ran the benchmark and dropping down a notch fixed it for me

RTC 2080 Super Seahawk X hybrid watercooled R7 3700X CPU X570 MB 32 GB 3600 DDR

• SoulBrotherNr3
    20 posts

@nikosbe83 hey man, same thing happens to me, can't seem to figure it out

enough ram, low temps, i don't get it.

• Tolkyyn
    82 posts

@nikosbe83 I opened another thread a few days ago about this. I can't even get into the game, just the loading picture of the child. As soon as the game should start, it freezes and never unfreezes.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@tolkyyn I fixed mine by installing old drivers, 442.59. Basically 45x.xx drivers are causing freezing/crashing. Try the drivers I said and see if it freezes for you. It worked for me. Game is also smooth with more FPS.

• BudaTheCreator
    1 posts

Hello friends, I bought and installed AC Valhalla yesterday, however, in less than 3 hours 4 hours of gameplay, the game crashed around 12 times, and there are weird crashes, which freeze the screen and the audio continues, and I make sure that I am using 1/3 of my GPU, the configuration is in conformity, running at 60 FPS fixed, however, in order to get past the game's prologue, I had to play everything in the minimum graphics, I managed to get past the part where I left the hut of the first boss, so I can increase the graphics and start playing again, after 7 or 8 crashes. follow the video link of a player with the same problem as me!

• CianZ
    2 posts

he game constantly freezes while playing not even in high intensity areas. I don't know what else to try to fix this. It's getting ridiculous

Using Ubisoft Connect Client

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

GPU: ROG Strix 3070 OC

RAM: Corsair 3600mhz 32gB

Mobo: Gigabye Aorus x570 Pro Wifi.

Things I've tried:

* Verifying game files
    * Updating all drivers
    * Running in full screen AND borderless
    * Opening game with normal .exe file and ACValhalla\_Plus.exe file
    * Closing other programs
    * Enabling v-sync/ disabling v-sync
    * Lowering graphics
    * Disabling full screen optimizations (in .exe compatibility properties)
    * Monitoring temperatures AND loads of components (nothing spikes or gets high)
    * Turning Discord off (seems to affect other stuff too)

I notice when I click a button on my controller (Razer Wolverine Ultimate) it freezes for a second then comes back and visa versa if I move the mouse of something.

Please give me suggestions I'm getting over this.

• kalpdal86
    8 posts

@ubi-swaggins Did that 2 days ago. No response yet.

• fantazyz78
    3 posts

Hello, This post is for all of you who have Crash to Desktop issue with Ubisoft Games (the ones usíng Denuvo DRM, more or less all the newer games from UBISOFT)

There are many guides and help out there but as many have experianced they just dont work and are very popular on youtube reddit etc etc, they might work for some but for the majority, games just keeps crashing.

I too had this issue with Assassins Creed, Watch dog: Legion etc etc and i found out some interesting and very easy fix:
    Your internal clock in Windows is not synced with time.windows.com (The live time sync feature used to set accurate time in windows).

Yes, if your clock is not accurate the DRM used in games might actually think the game is being tampering with and the DRM does what it is meant to do, stop you from using the license. Mine was 8 minutes behind realtime and this was enough for the DRM to just autoclose my games.

You can easy check if you have this issue by looking in the log file located in your PC, for me it is as below:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs launcher_log.txt
    and if you scroll to the bottom in this file and you find something like this:
    [10188] 2020-10-31 21:47:35 [18108] ERROR DenuvoGetGameTimeTicket.cpp (157) Unknown game response.
    My belifes are that the DRM is monitoring time localy and time on server to determine if the client should proceed with game, and if it differs much, it just belive that there are some tampering and just auto close the game.

To adjust the clock in windows: right cllick on clock at start bar -> adjust time and date -> and push the "Sync" button.

Hope this helps you. Thanks and good luck!

• diiorio
    40 posts

Ubisoft conenct, since the latest update, started crashign the game today. IT will launc, then disconnect causign date not to be synched or game to crash. was fine earlier.

This has happened to other games in the past, like splinter cell ect, once it does it is NEVER FIXED!

• chrischev
    1 posts

The game is freezing a lot. Either there will be an eternal loading screen, or my guy will just stop, while the valhalla logo flashes in the bottom-right corner of the screen. I'm still able to move the camera around, but the game just stays like that. When the game crashes, I typically need to reset my computer to get it to fully close. I have the game installed on an external SSD, if that matters.

Computer specs
         Time of this report: 11/12/2020, 16:31:35
                Machine name: LAPTOP-5ISEIP93
                  Machine Id: {9EB6E8E6-3A3C-4CE7-A02E-E8E80B356BFB}
            Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
                    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
         System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
                System Model: ROG Strix G712LV_G712LV
                        BIOS: G712LV.310 (type: UEFI)
                   Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
                      Memory: 16384MB RAM
         Available OS Memory: 16170MB RAM
                   Page File: 8782MB used, 22747MB available
                 Windows Dir: C:\Windows
             DirectX Version: DirectX 12
         DX Setup Parameters: Not found
            User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
             DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
     DirectX Database Version: 1.1.7
              DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

• palmerc309
    3 posts

Specs are RTX 2080ti, i9900k, 16 GB Ram.
    Yesterday the game ran perfectly now today is crashes randomly sometimes a couple hours in and other times a couple minutes in. Only happens with this game.

• CianZ
    2 posts

New things I've tried but DIDN'T work:

• Locking FPS
    • Whitelist game in antivirus
    • Updating version of Microsoft VC++ Redistributables
    • Play with only keyboard + mouse (disconnect controller) and visa versa
    • Changing input in game settings to just controller / mouse + keyboard

I'm out of ideas...

• Patriot9102
    1 posts

Game crashes randomly to the desktop with no errors. Sometimes during raids and once during a cutscene.

RTX2080ti
    i7 7700k
    32gb RAM
    Win 10 Latest Build

• Peystaz
    8 posts

I have done a few thing this evening and was able to play for almost 3 hours in a raw without issue (and stop because I want to not because game crashed 😉 )
    So i don't know which one help the game to not crash but here is the list of what I have done:

So far, it was the longer run I was able to do without any crash. Fingers crossed that tomorow, that will be the same 😉

• ValantorCiD
    1 posts

Hello guys,

No idea if this will help for anyone but I noticed that my game start crashing after last nvidia drivers update (457.30) and after I back to the previous version (457.09) there is no more freezes crashes etc.

• klaus_stein
    1 posts

Got the same problem while having a lot of error messages for connection errors. I dont get why ubisoft forces that stupid and buggy always online feature on their mainly singleplayer games. If you want such a useless feature then you better get your servers working all the time properly.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics