Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eniora
    23 posts

@michalinos1390
    Don't bother testing your PC for any issues, your PC is perfectly fine.

My RTX 3090 TUF is crashing in Valhalla the same as you with the nvidia stopped responding driver in event viewer every time it happens. (sometimes hours without a crash and sometimes every 5-10 mins), every other game I played is perfectly fine including cyberpunk which should be much more demanding than valhalla. I suspect the issue is that the drivers and the game isn't compatible with each other, causing an exception to be thrown and hence the game crashes.
    I remember the same happened with wolfenstein ii the new colossus (with even BSODs not only crashes) and back then it was fixed by a game update (wasn't a driver issue).

I tried underclocking the core or raising/lowering the power limit, at first I thought my problem was fixed but it was a fluke and after few hours I got the same problem.

I built a new PC for my brother with RTX 3060 Ti and I tested Valhalla on it, and not to my surprise, exact same issue. The PC is new with everything on stock, the ram is even set on default, no XMP. So I gave up for now and probably won't be playing the game until Nvidia or Ubi fix this problem.

• BonzoSPB
    17 posts

@eniora I've uninstalled Valhalla due to the constant crashes and will try again in a few months time. I've spent too many hours trying to fix the only game that's crashed so repeatedly on my PC so can't be arsed to waste any more time.

• Theo10011
    1 posts

Alright. I seem to have had the same issue as everyone else here. Constant crashes within 15-30 minutes - made the game unplayable. I have an rx 580 with 8 gigs of ram and tried as many drivers and settings as I could, got all the updates (1.1.1 title updated), ran through all the usual suggestions. I tried other fixes online like deleting the cache folder in the game folder. I've had zero issues with every other current gen game including ubisoft games, valhalla was the only one that kept crashing - no matter what setting I tried.

I looked up the event viewer and saw constant warnings about memory whenever the game ran. I locked down my issue to memory management, so I changed the pagefile (virtual memory) that was auto/windows managed to manual. That did it - FIXED. No issues for the last 3 days - absolutely zero crashes. I haven't had a single crash or hang. I noticed that valhalla is a real memory hog too while running - taking up almost 15 Gb committed in resource monitor. This helped me, your mileage may vary.

You can google how to increase virtual memory in Windows 10. Goto start -> settings -> type performance -> adjust the appearance and performance of windows -> advanced -> virtual memory -> change. I changed it from automatic/system managed to my value. The ideal is 1.5x your ram. so 12 gb as initial and max (same for both). Ok/save -> restart. Hope this helps.

• NiaMariae
    2 posts

Made a thread about this yesterday but can't find it? This forum isn't very intuitive and I say that as someone who lived on boards for years. Keep having crashing. Just had my fourth one today. I'm really sick of it. Just played through Cyberpunk with no issues and coming from that to this is staggering. I just want to play the game. I can't play the game if it keeps crashing. I'm not even playing on ultra settings or anything and I definitely meet the recommended specs.

• eniora
    23 posts

@theo10011
    Didn't help for me and I tried that a month ago or so. I believe some others already tried that as well as it was mentioned in this very same thread, it helped some but not all of us. Your issue has the same symptoms as ours but the cause is apparently different. Our issue is caused by the drivers, not memory leaks. For me event viewer says that the driver stopped responding and crashed, not memory management related.

Thanks though, it may help someone else.

• longjohn119
    499 posts

@eniora
    Yeah that's probably more relevant to people running with limited memory .... Personally I've considered 16 GB to be the minimum for Windows for almost a decade now .... I've been running 16GB or more since the FX 6100 came out

• Froshelito
    2 posts

Everyone, do this for the specific App and LCSID warnings you get in event log. Stopped crashing for me thus far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-application-specific-permission-settings/da844c2a-e451-48e7-9795-f07066f2497e

• XTrior
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • XTrior
    15 posts
    Everyone, do this for the specific App and LCSID warnings you get in event log. Stopped crashing for me thus far. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-application-specific-permission-settings/da844c2a-e451-48e7-9795-f07066f2497e

Hey man I wanted to try this out but there are SO many CLSID warnings in my event viewer. Which one did you choose?

• Froshelito
    2 posts

Hey man I wanted to try this out but there are SO many CLSID warnings in my event viewer. Which one did you choose?

I chose the ones popping up right after the displaydriver warning.

• XTrior
    15 posts

@bendelaboombr I think this is exactly whats happening to me and the things you suggested worked for me. Im able to play as long as I want after I reinstall any of the graphics drivers, but when I close the game after a session, the game then freezes randomly after a little while of playing it. This is happening with all driver versions, I even tested it with the 446 drivers as someone here suggested it fixed the crashes but it didnt for me. This is definently something Ubisoft can fix, IF they acknowledge it....

• XTrior
    15 posts

I chose the ones popping up right after the displaydriver warning.

Ok thanks mate, I'll check it out.

• longjohn119
    499 posts

@xtrior
    Some of them are just part of Windows and you really can't get rid of them because they'll eventually come back usually after a Windows update .... What you need to do is find the CLSID for the game (Or it could be the Connect app that is the culprit) and then run this PIA procedure on it ..... It would help if someone uploaded the CLSID and APPID for the game and for Connect ....

However Microsoft itself actually says the the Event ID 10016 should just be ignored, it just a dumb logging error they can't get rid of .... In my Event Viewer I have it so they don't even show up anymore (A Registry hack) and pollute my log with nonsense

• savagehenry1981
    1 posts

@sanuku reverting to the 457.30 driver also worked for me. I had tried most of the other fixes listed here without any success. I also installed the driver only instead of the driver + geforce experience.

• marcelo911222
    1 posts

I had the same issue. It seems like discord was the reson (and the automatic streamer detection using ovs what i also got installed). Since i close discord no crashes in last 2 days, playing 8h per day.

• XTrior
    15 posts
    @sanuku reverting to the 457.30 driver also worked for me. I had tried most of the other fixes listed here without any success. I also installed the driver only instead of the driver + geforce experience.

Hey man did you try reverting back to the 446.14 drivers as someone suggested here? Because I did thinking that it would fix the crashes but it didnt, so I just want to be sure if you tried the 446 driver as well before I revert back to the 457.30 one. Because if 446 didnt fix the issue for me then this one wont either, but maybe it did for you.

• rsslbnvj
    1 posts
    Hey man did you try reverting back to the 446.14 drivers as someone suggested here? Because I did thinking that it would fix the crashes but it didnt, so I just want to be sure if you tried the 446 driver as well before I revert back to the 457.30 one. Because if 446 didnt fix the issue for me then this one wont either, but maybe it did for you.

Hey man I tried reverting my drivers from latest (460.1) to 457.09 and it doesn't crash anymore

Specs:
    Acer Nitro 5
    CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3750h
    GPU: GTX 1650
    RAM: 8gb dual channel

• longjohn119
    499 posts

@rsslbnvj

Don't just upgrade your graphics drivers just because there is a new update available .... Read the notes and if the new driver doesn't mention fixing a bug in a game you have or you don't even have the new game it supports then don't upgrade unless you are having problems ..... I haven't upgraded my Nvidia drivers since the Game Ready Drivers for Cyberpunk came out .... For the RX 5700 I replaced I didn't upgrade the February drivers until a week before HZD PC came out because they were stable for me

• mark2851983
    3 posts

@redindianrobin here the same, why updating it's crashing every 10 minutes

• mark2851983
    3 posts

@longjohn119 STIL CRASHING ONLY NOW WITHIN 60 MINUTES
    DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDE

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics