Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

I have exactly the same issue since two days.

Hi, I played the game for few days without ANY issues but since two days I experience random freeze and i have to kill the game process.
    It's really frustrating to not be able to play..
    My rig is
    9900k RTX 3090 32Gb DDR4 . trident Z 3466 Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000
    Any fix for it?

• oz_expat_de
    1 posts

Having the same issue on PS4 Pro. None of the usual fixes have any lasting effect. Game is basically unplayable. Super, super frustrating. Sloppy, unpolished, broken game. Ubi strikes again!

• doguhanpala
    4 posts

hello again,

when i run occt(3d) test it instantly reboots. Pretty sure the reason is psu now. I was mistaken because of furmark results. Update my entry after getting a new psu and trying it.

• cavveman
    75 posts

@doguhanpala

Which PSU do you have?
    I'm suspecting that when you switched to a 3070 that your PSU can't handle it properly. Considering that valhalla is a new game and simply demands more from hardware.
    Last year I had the same issue, kernel failure only with specific games and not with others.

• ricky_092020
    1 posts

Hi there. 

During the chapter Unwelcome, Ragnarsons' empacement the game crash and freeze, I have tried to delete the game and the Ubisoft connect, and ri-installed again but the problem still appears, I have tried the troubleshooting procedure, the problem appears. the game makes no progress.

any suggestions?  

thank you. 
    BR

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

I have the same problem here since the launch of the game, there are days that I play for 6 hours no problems, there are days that freeze every 10 minutes, there are days that do not leave the menu screen. this is difficult, we need a correction for that. It's bad that you have to keep opening and closing the game every 10 minutes so when you need to restart the machine because it crashes.

• Painshadow
    18 posts

Another crash. This is getting really frustrating. I have not been able to enjoy the game due to crashes. Every single time I play the game now, it
    crashes.

Update: The "D3DDRED2" error is an Nvidia specific error. Searching will lead to their forums and it may have to do with DX 12. It may be best to roll back to previous Nvidia driver and see if the crash persists.

• Painshadow
    18 posts

Update: Rolling back the GPU driver didn't work.

• UnstableMiracle
    1 posts

When I click continue to play, it crashed after the saving logo has occoured. I tried to fix it and has scaned for missing files and there are no problems of that. PLZ HELP ME

• Etny2k
    16 posts

@doguhanpala I thought my kernal power was PSU too. It is usually never the PSU. Try messing in BIOS maybe run base clocks for cpu but dial up the voltage a bit like +0.1 or 0.2. Maybe adaptive power.

• Freestepper
    80 posts

When i'm moving in the world, like traveling on horse or simply from place to place, the game sometimes freezes for like half second on the way and then it's normal. I think it's loading the map too slow or something.

My spec:
    Ryzen 7 3700x
    32 GB RAM
    GTX 1080

95% of the time, the game runs at stable 60 FPS for me. And i run it on SSD drive. The normal one. Not M2 one.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hi there! I'm sorry the game has suddenly started crashing. Please verify your game files and test again. if the issue persists, please run through this guide to resolve and get in touch if it doesn't work!

Official Response
  • andicole0
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins Win 10 20262.fe_release.201113-14367 suffers the same issue. I don't think I can go back to 2 versions earlier to play Vahalla now. 😉

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hey there, I'm sorry that the game is crashing for you. Please run through this FAQ which covers the majority of PC crash related issues. If the issue persists, please get in touch and we'll investigate further for you!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

@reynaldomhu Hello there! Welcome to the forums.

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes in-game.

If you have not already, please could you try these basic troubleshooting steps? In particular, please ensure that your drivers are fully up-to-date. I also recommend that you disable background applications, as these can interfere with game files.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us!

Official Response
  • IamHanzoShimada
    1 posts

same

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

@Tirik22x Hello there! Welcome to the forums.

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes in-game.

If you have not already, please can you try these basic troubleshooting steps? In particular, please ensure that your drivers are fully up-to-date. I also recommend that you disable any background applications, as these can interfere with game files.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us.

Official Response
  • butlidov
    2 posts

Every time I launch the game it takes around 1 or 2 min to load, then when i finally get the disclaimer about epilepsy which is 1st thing we see on the big screen my game crashes. I checked everything my pc requirements are above highest quality of this game. HELP

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello there, butlidov! I'm sorry to hear about this crash when you're playing Valhalla. I recommend completing PC troubleshooting steps to ensure your system is running properly. It may also help to make sure you have background applications disabled.

Official Response
  • tanni1
    1 posts

I have been unable to progress the story after finishing in Norway. After first waking from the animus, when I try to return to the animus the game crashes to desktop after the short conversation/cut-scene.

Specs: Ryzen 3600, ASRock B450 Pro4, GTX 1070, running on medium.

This CTD is happening everytime I try to continue the game.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics