• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Wiking_Division
    4 posts

Crashing after 1.04. Day one patch version didn't have any crash issues. Something went [censored] up in this new 1.04... I dont even bother to send any dxdiag logs. Just fix it. I'm pretty sure the devs know what's wrong with it since they altered it...

• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • longjohn119
    497 posts

@redindianrobin
    Odyssey was the same way, I swear every other update like clockwork would break the game and I'd have to start downgrading my Nvidia drivers until I found one that was stable .... Cripes when I got the GTX 1660 TI when it came out a week or two later an update broke it and I had to hack a set of older drivers (Basically whitelist the GTX 1660 Ti so they would install) to get it to work, something I hadn't had to do since Nvidia came out with unified drivers (one size fits all) circa 2006 or 2004 ...... Then I upgraded to a RX 5700 flashed it with an XT BIOS and that worked good for about a month until I got to the Fate of Atlantis DLC and you couldn't even start it and it took almost 3 months for them to fix that bug .....

Still Valhalla is way worse than Odyssey even at Odyssey's worst ..... THE BOWS DON'T EVEN HAVE AIM LOCK FOR CRIPES SAKES ..... And they don't even seem to care about it or even acknowledge it's a HUGE problem for a large part of their player base that played Origins and Odyssey as archers/hunter/ or whatever the hell they decided to call it this time ..... Then on top of that switching bows has to be one of the most poorly designed basic features in any game in at least a decade ..... It's just horribly clunky ..... Origin let you access 2 bows, Odyssey got really smart and just like you change bow abilities with a single button press ..... Valhalla is like they added bows just to say they were in the game

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@longjohn119 I agree with you on some of the points however Odyssey was far more stable than Valhalla in my case. In the 160 hours I played, I had like 3-4 crashes at most. With Valhalla it's a crashfest until I downgraded drivers to 9 months old.

• veehexx
    8 posts

@n00l3ilici0us funnily enough, i recently upgraded my ram with an additional 32gb (higher speed, looser timings than my existing 16gb). XMP settings fail to even POST but i figured I'm running 2 very different paired modules. manually set the speed/timings to the slower values and went with 1.35v as per XMP/rated settings and it'd be unstable. I've had to bump up to 1.36v and i've not had a crash since. weird that no other game was having issues and shorter runs of memtest proved reliable at 1.35v. valhalla not so.

Of course this could be intermittent as i do use ubisoft+ which appears it's a known issue based on this thread, but i've not had a crash since raising ram voltages.

i5-8600k, 48gb ram, nv3090 & 457.30 driver, latest 20H2 win10.

• longjohn119
    497 posts
    @n00l3ilici0us funnily enough, i recently upgraded my ram with an additional 32gb (higher speed, looser timings than my existing 16gb). XMP settings fail to even POST but i figured I'm running 2 very different paired modules. manually set the speed/timings to the slower values and went with 1.35v as per XMP/rated settings and it'd be unstable. I've had to bump up to 1.36v and i've not had a crash since. weird that no other game was having issues and shorter runs of memtest proved reliable at 1.35v. valhalla not so.

Of course this could be intermittent as i do use ubisoft+ which appears it's a known issue based on this thread, but i've not had a crash since raising ram voltages.

i5-8600k, 48gb ram, nv3090 & 457.30 driver, latest 20H2 win10.

Ram is sold in sets of 2 and 4 and and they all are the same size ..... When you mix ram sticks that are a different size, different timings or a different manufacturer you are just asking from problems .... If you want 4 sticks of ram you buy them as a set .... if you upgrade from 2 to 4 you remove the old and replace them with matched set of 4 .... Even if they are the same brand, size and timings if you buy them several months apart there is a good chance they aren't using the same ram IC's ......

I've been building systems on the x86 platform since 1987 and even worked for Gateway Computers when it was still a family owned business in western Iowa

• Anshak99
    1 posts

I'm getting crash errors on PS4.

Please patch this. It was happening before the 1.04 and still occurs after the patch.

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

Same issue for me

The sound continues but the image is frozen

It's really frustrating not being able to enjoy the game anymore ...

What I tried :

• Disabled overlay
    • Run the game in admin mode
    • reinstall UpIay
    • reinstal ACV
    • reinstall of GPU drivers with DDU
    • removed OC
    • format of windows

After I formatted my pc and was able to play for several hours without a problem but it happened again at some point.

here is my config

9900k RTX 3090
    32 GB of DDR4 memory. trident Z 3466
    Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000

A solution for this? Is it a problem with the game or with my pc?

For reports
    dx diag : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WPC6dvVBjtYkPU6ClepRw7sIHwlNZ9J4/view?usp=sharing
    ms info : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e6hFRMLFW9jugTO5eilwoNkGVAzR5ZgR/view?usp=sharing

in the reliability history, in relation to the error this is what I have :

Description
    Un problème rencontré avec le matériel a provoqué un dysfonctionnement de Windows.

Signature du problème
    Nom d’événement du problème : LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Paramètre 1: ffffd884ac5ef050
    Paramètre 2: fffff80656472298
    Paramètre 3: 0
    Paramètre 4: 1574
    Version du système d’exploitation: 10_0_19042
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Produit: 256_1
    Version du système: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 103

---------

Description
    Le programme ACValhalla.exe version 0.0.0.0 a cessé d'interagir avec Windows et a été fermé. Pour voir si plus d'informations sur le problème sont disponibles, vérifiez l'historique des problèmes dans le Panneau de configuration Sécurité et maintenance.
     ID de processus : 1574
     Heure de début : 01d6c326b2983329
     Heure d'arrêt : 4294967295
     Chemin d'accès à l'application : G:\Assassin's Creed Valhalla\ACValhalla.exe
     ID de rapport : 0dfce645-c5bb-48e7-b4dc-d702fcc42f06
     Nom complet du package défectueux : 
     ID de l'application relative à un package défectueux : 
     Type de blocage : Top level window is idle

• Blastfemurs
    1 posts

Game randomly crashes after 20 or so minutes of play. This only started happening after patch 1.03 and later. I an running the below spec PC. Please advise.

CPU - i9-9900k
    MB - Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    MEM - 32 GB 3600MHz.
    Vid - 2080Ti
    OS - Win 10 Pro 20H2

• znipah123
    3 posts

Same here on PC, freezes/crashes every ~30 min after v1.04. No problems before v1.04. On 1080 Ti.

• awolcz
    4 posts

Same as many others, I started to observe crashes after 1.0.4. Especially during fight, games just freezes while sound continues to play, or game closes completely without any prompt. What solved the issue for me was to disable XMP in Bios as others have suggested.

• BonzoSPB
    17 posts

I've just been prompted with a Nvidia driver update - 457.51.

Update installed, PC rebooted and I've just enjoyed the first crash-free experience in Valhalla I've had since installing the game.

Looks like we may be onto something.

• Luksonowsky
    1 posts

Hello,

I've been facing same issue as you but I found sollution, at least for me (game was working well for about 1.5h). There is post on reddit:

Go to the location of your AC Valhalla download. Mine is in Documents/Assassin's Creed Valhalla. As soon as you open that, you should see two folders and one file: cache, file_cache, and ACValhalla.ini, respectively. If you just open the .ini file and scroll down until you see WindowMode=2 (18th line). Change the 2 to 1, don't change anything else in the window settings there. Save the file and close, launch game. It may crash the first or second time you load it after this, but I just restarted my computer and the game has been working fine after that.

You can try it, good luck 🙂

• CptBorschtsch
    4 posts

This has fixed freeze crashing for me after 1.0.4, also you should delete your cache folder in /Documents/Assassin's Creed Valhalla

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@luksonowsky
    Does not work.

@CptBorschtsch
    Does not work.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics