Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • longjohn119
    494 posts
    Hi Ubisoft,

You should have received 7 crash reports from me over the last two days because Valhalla won't play for any longer than approx 15-30 minutes.

I also get this in the launcher logs which may be linked:

[ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:19:57   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (364)       Game with process id 3224 connected (API version: 2.3.0).
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:19:58   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:20:00   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (364)       Game with process id 3224 connected (API version: 2.3.0).
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:20:00   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:24:29   [20180]   INFO    ApiProcessConnection.cpp (289)          Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:24:29   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.

Please get this sorted.

That's the Uplay Connect app mucking up the works ...... They need to trashcan that app and start over again from scratch and it would probably fix 90% of their problems not only with Valhalla but also Odyssey and every other game using it ......

This is the main cause of missions failing to register as complete because if it disconnects in the middle of a Cloud Save data is lost or corrupted ......

• edengonzalez86
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • edengonzalez86
    3 posts

For those of you on a Nvidia 30 series card I found a solution that worked for me. I originally had a +125 core +250 memory OC (very stable and works on all other games I play) on my evga 3090 ftw3 and that would cause the game to crash constantly. I tried all the different methods posted and was not able to get the game not to crash. The game would also crash on the default settings on my card. What fixed it for me was undervolting my gpu. My card will not boost past 1950mhz because of the undervolt and I have gone crash free for 3 days now and this is with all graphic settings maxed out. Before my card would boost to 2010mhz (stock settings) and 2100mhz (my OC profiles) And game would constantly crash. Hope this helps some of you.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@edengonzalez86 I have a 3070 oc tbm, in case you downloaded -125 core - 250 memory it?

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@edengonzalez86 This works for Pascal too except you need to downclock quite a bit which results in a big performance loss.

• edengonzalez86
    3 posts

I just tested again with a +100 core +250 memory and power slider at 100% instead of 107% and I'm able to play the game with no crashes. Seems this game is very sensitive to clock speeds. Was able to play with a steady 2000mhz on the core. I didn't get to play as much as I wanted. I'll get to play for a few hours tomorrow and report back if the game crashes or not.

• Formalitos
    1 posts

I have the same problem. I have tried everything that was written here and it still did not fixed it.

And they don't want to pay my money back. Ubisoft support chat.

I recommend everyone to raise dispute with your credit card company to claim back your money because ubisoft will keep on selling not working product for more people until they realize that they have to fixit otherwise they not gonna get payed.

• eniora
    23 posts

@edengonzalez86 I can confirm that putting the slider on 100% instead of 107% fixed the crashes for me (at least for now, played for few hours so can't quickly judge)

I had crashes every ~30 mins with the power slider on 107% with stock mem and core clocks with my 3090 ASUS TUF.
    Thanks dude. Hopefully it stays that way and the crashes are gone 🙂

This is the only game that gets my core clock speeds close to 2000mhz with stock clocks while all other games barely hit 1900mhz. Not sure if it's a driver or game issue, what I know is that it's hard to imagine that ubi is innocent so it's either both or only ubi's fault.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@eniora let me get it right, do you increase the use of energy to 107% of this? I'm a layman in this aspect of over

• eniora
    23 posts

@bendelaboombr Originally I had my RTX 3090 set to 107% power limit in MSI afterburner (with default stock core and memory clocks). This 107% power limit used to push my core clock in Valhalla close to 2000mhz which resulted in display driver crashing. Now with it set to the default value (which is factory 100%) the GPU averages 1920-1950mhz and I have no crashes so far.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@eniora yes I understand, mine is already in 100% standard, gainward software

• Sanuku
    3 posts

@ryusennin

Just came here to say that Canterbury is literally crashing here too on my Intel/Nvidia System similar to your current experience. And as others too it will always afterwards show up in the Windows Report too that the Game is crashing the most recent Nvidia Driver.

undefined

This can be repeated as much and as many times i want to do it. The installed Nvidia Driver is the 460.89. Whatever the Game is doing, it does crash the Nvidia Driver in Canterbury and probably other Regions too.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

Legion too crashes like the same way for me. The common denominator here: Ubisoft Connect. Reducing/restricting the core clock does fix it and disabling connect overlay as well.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@redindianrobin it looks like a stability with the factory OC cards. This can
     be fixed with drivers or by ubisoft?
    debug mode from nvidia seems to work for me, i managed to play a few hours without problems, i will do more tests

• Pragmatist187
    9 posts

I found a solution that works for me, so hopefully it can help some of you. I’m on PC Win10. I have the same issue where the game can randomly freeze but the sound continues, anywhere from 5-30 minutes of gameplay then CTD.

After I start the game, I immediately alt-tab then bring up the task manager. Click on details tab then right click on AC Valhalla process. Change the priority to high. I haven’t had a crash since. This has to be done everytime you start the game as the priority always defaults to normal.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@bendelaboombr What's this debug mode you're talking about? I'd like to try too.

Also yea with a year old drivers, for example the 44x.xx, it doesn't crash even with OC and connect overlay enabled. I don't know who's the culprit here, Ubisoft or Nvidia but other games have 0 crashes. Currently I am playing Cyberpunk and Red Dead Online and neither of them crashes with OC.

• Sparhawk122
    21 posts

@premi_pulkit

Cyberpunk 2077 does not CTD on me. This game does....

• longjohn119
    494 posts

@redindianrobin

Ubisoft is definitely the culprit here ...... It's up to Ubisoft to make their product work with the Nvidia and Microsoft APIs not the other way around ......

You might as well give it up because this isn't going to be fixed until the next scheduled content update in 4 more weeks ...... And if it doesn't get fixed in 4 weeks you'll have to wait another 6 weeks ...... That's just the way the AC series has been run since October 2018 when they went to the live service model .... They will not go off their 6 week schedule as long as people continue to play the game ...... The ONLY solution to get them to modify their behavior is stop playing the game so their server logs show a massive drop in player engagement .......

• Sparhawk122
    21 posts

@longjohn119

I guess they have never heard of hotfixes?

Typical lol. Even Indie developers roll out better support for very prominent issues like this.

• Extricated.
    1 posts

This crash is also an issue in Siege.

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: AppHangB1
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: RainbowSix.exe
    P2: 0.0.0.0
    P3: 5fcff309
    P4: 0000
    P5: 67246080
    P6: 
    P7: 
    P8: 
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Critical_RainbowSix.exe_c9edd8ac9e2362d87fa528741506d46a52b86_78451684_8492ad2e-dc02-45d5-98ad-00c00e18a3dc

Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 5d80dd89-855e-46a2-b7e7-566ecaf9e149
    Report Status: 4
    Hashed bucket: 
    Cab Guid: 0

The program RainbowSix.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
     Process ID: a30
     Start Time: 01d6e15b5a9d79e8
     Termination Time: 4294967295
     Application Path: E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\RainbowSix.exe
     Report Id: 5d80dd89-855e-46a2-b7e7-566ecaf9e149
     Faulting package full name: 
     Faulting package-relative application ID: 
     Hang type: Top level window is idle

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics