Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BonzoSPB
    17 posts

I've just been prompted with a Nvidia driver update - 457.51.

Update installed, PC rebooted and I've just enjoyed the first crash-free experience in Valhalla I've had since installing the game.

Looks like we may be onto something.

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@ubi-baron
    What does it take to get a response from Ubisoft regarding crashing? I have created my own thread, no response, added to existing threads, no response. Does one need to post at the right time when Ubi support happen to be logged into the forum for a few minutes each day?

There is still no acknowledgment of freezing and crashing on multiple system types, mainly PC, in the Mega Bug Thread post. Repeating sections of the game because of crashes especially when in an unsavable location is getting old and something I've never experienced with such frequency with years of gaming.

• MeIdro
    1 posts

I had this happen first time a few days after launch when I was in Norway.
    Had to force game to close from task manager (I had no "program does not respond" error).

Then it happened again today when going down a ladder to a basement while hitting "Odin's Sight" (V).
    Locations of the quest "Going Deeper..."

Audio is still running fine (can hear birds, wind etc. in the background), but any input from mouse or keyboard are not responding in-game.
    No issues with Alt+tab to windows to check task manager and all seems fine (still no "program does not respond" error), only game is still stuck.

My PC rig are the recommended with drivers up to date as well as game installed on SSD, and running default settings.
    Print screen of game crash/freeze: http://prntscr.com/vug8zk

• peewee051
    4 posts

It’s on the ps4

• Luksonowsky
    1 posts

Hello,

I've been facing same issue as you but I found sollution, at least for me (game was working well for about 1.5h). There is post on reddit:

Go to the location of your AC Valhalla download. Mine is in Documents/Assassin's Creed Valhalla. As soon as you open that, you should see two folders and one file: cache, file_cache, and ACValhalla.ini, respectively. If you just open the .ini file and scroll down until you see WindowMode=2 (18th line). Change the 2 to 1, don't change anything else in the window settings there. Save the file and close, launch game. It may crash the first or second time you load it after this, but I just restarted my computer and the game has been working fine after that.

You can try it, good luck 🙂

• pthebrown
    4 posts

@cargovankilla Absolutely. I have changed out my graphics card from Nvidia 2080ti to 2080 super to see any changes. If it still does the same, then I know its the game, not graphics.

• pthebrown
    4 posts

I have a suspicion that the game is causing the video drivers to crash. I have error reports in windows log about a hardware failure.

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffff998f20f0b060
    Parameter 2: fffff80423b52298
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 7c0
    OS version: 10_0_19041
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 5129

Are you having the same error? look up windows logs.

• Little-Addict
    1 posts

I, like many other people have the same issue with freezing after 1.04 and after the 4th or 5th time there seems to be a pattern that, at least in my case, it only happens in restricted areas. Or so I thought. Then I had 2 freezes while swimming which made me think. The only thing i know that these two scenarios have in common is that you are unable to save during both activities. so what I think is that there may be an issue with the autosave, maybe if it can not trigger for prolonged time it causes the freeze. just my observations.
    would be great to get some feedback from the devs on the issue.
    Cheers.

• Shdw_Phnx
    16 posts

@shdw_phnx

Definitely an issue with the "World" map screen. Only time I crash now is on this screen.

• CptBorschtsch
    4 posts

This has fixed freeze crashing for me after 1.0.4, also you should delete your cache folder in /Documents/Assassin's Creed Valhalla

• Hhhhhharrie
    9 posts

I can't see any pattern to the freezes I experience. I've had the game freeze on me while just walking around Ravensthorpe, during cutscenes, on the map, inventory and other menu screens, once even on the main menu before I even had the chance to start the game. As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with the autosave function.
    I've learned to quicksave often, which saves a lot of frustration. Unfortunately saving isn't allowed in restricted areas, so you just have to hope the game doesn't crash while you're there and you have to do everything over again.

• CargoVanKilla
    3 posts

Did a cursory search for that error code and found this which seems to fit with the graphics drivers issue.

"...Windows 10 Live kernel event 141 error appears due to corrupted drivers or third-party software tools. That's why disconnecting external devices, manually reinstalling the video graphic drivers or initiating a clean boot is recommended."

I've rolled back to GeForce game ready driver version 445.87 and while it didn't immediately freeze like it previously had, it still froze.

• CptBorschtsch
    4 posts

Have also been experiencing these freeze crashes since 1.0.4. This has fixed the problem for me (before freeze/crash every 30 minutes or so, now no single one), also you should delete your cache folder in /Documents/Assassin's Creed Valhalla

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@luksonowsky
    Does not work.

@CptBorschtsch
    Does not work.

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

Game freezes when it chooses to, regardless of being on map screen, settings screen, in game with or without heavy action, whether in savable area or not. This was happening before patch 1.04 and still happening after. Full screen, borderless window, no adaptive synch, windows optimizations enable or disabled, page file unnecessarily manually increased, cache files cleared, game files verified, redistributable files reinstalled, CPU, memory and GPU factory settings or OCed, balanced or high performance power saving modes, SMT or equivalent enabled or disabled, port forwarding access applied, windows defender firewall and a/v enabled or disabled, disabling all possible startup apps, current or older video drivers, the game freezes. The Ubisoft Connect log shows when the game is force closed by the user but not when the game itself freezes. The Uplay titled log located in the actual game log folder, not the launcher log folder, remains empty since my last game install date of 11/22. The game is broken.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

Hello everyone! Thank you all for contacting us in regards to these freezing issues. CptBorschtsch has provided a workaround, and I am curious if that has resolved the issue for all of you. If not, please let me know!

Also, if you are seeing this kernel error, you may need to reinstall the supporting software for the game. However, if this continues to persist, please create a ticket and submit your MSinfo and DxDiag files. Then, provide your ticket number here and I can review the files. Thanks for your patience!

Official Response
  • Solidify_
    1 posts

@axesdenyed ok so i might have fixed my problem, i am on uplay+ but it was crashing every 19mins or so.. and apparently my pc clock was 10mins behind somehow, so i turned off auto time and back on and it fixed the time and no more crashing so far. Will update if it happens again.

axesdenyed mentioned this (above) i synced my pc clock to my region and seems to have been fixed. use to crash every 15 to 30 min.... all day with no crashes.

• CargoVanKilla
    3 posts

@ubikobold

The RAM paging file size fix outlined in the video did not correct the issue for me, it's also pretty inaccurate and already outdated since the newest Windows update this week. Most people say your initial size should be 1.5 times your physical memory and your max should be 4 times your physical memory capacity. The video only has you set the max to equal the physical capacity.

For example, with a system using 16GB of physical RAM, initial paging file size should be set to 24,576 MB and max should be 65,536 MB.

Anyway, I tried the paging file size suggestion yesterday before posting here. Assuming pthebrown's error log is accurate, it seems like it's probably tied more to the GeForce drivers than it is RAM. At least one or two people in the other older thread said they had more luck after rolling back their game ready drivers. This rollback also didn't solve the freezing issue for me.

Deleting the game's cache folder is something I haven't tried yet, so I'll give that a try tomorrow.

• znipah123
    3 posts

@bonzospb I've had no crash with the new drivers so at least the problem is solved for my PC.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@znipah123 The new drivers does last a bit longer but still crashes/freezes. In my case my old solution still remains which is downgrading drivers to 446.14.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics