Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • nimrodel78
    2 posts

I played all the game without problems in PC... untill now. Since this last update, the game crashes every 5 minutes.
    After this last update I only have time to put my trousers on (for some strange reason, Eivor was without trousers when I run the game after update), and then the game crashed... ans keep crashing every 5 minutes or so.

• zio.pino
    12 posts

I ve 8gb of ram in my videoboard , i need play at max 4gb and no more then 80Hz in my Acer predator 35 ultrawide 120Hz monitor, at 85Hz high detail i can play about one hr then crash anyway.. but if i try play more then 85Hz crash at the benchmark start.

I dont know exctly wft crash the game, but ime pretty sure that the G-Sync is envolt.

• longjohn119
    467 posts
    I played all the game without problems in PC... untill now. Since this last update, the game crashes every 5 minutes.
    After this last update I only have time to put my trousers on (for some strange reason, Eivor was without trousers when I run the game after update), and then the game crashed... ans keep crashing every 5 minutes or so.

Have you tried verifying the game files through the Connect App? I know a couple of times in Odyssey an update would breaking a file or two and verifying them fixed the problem

• zio.pino
    12 posts

I (maybe) solved following this steps.
    1 Reboot in safe mode
    2 Unistall Nvidia driver with DDU v18.0.3.7
    3 Rebbot in normal mode
    4 Install new driver 461.92

I have played 1.30 hr without any issue, lets see if i play more, i gone update you soon.

longjohn119 .. : ive tryed verified file and unistall and reinstall , butt was crashing anyway.. i will play more and update you

• longjohn119
    467 posts

@zio-pino If you upgrade your graphics drivers every time a new update comes out you are eventually going to run into problems where you have to run DDU to clean out bad files or more likely bad Windows Registry entries ..... I only upgrade my graphics drivers when I have a good reason, for instance a specific bug fix for a game I'm playing (but only if I'm having a problem already) or when a new game comes out that needs a new driver ..... For instance I'm still running the Game Ready driver for Cyberpunk and I see absolutely no reason to upgrade it because I'm not having problems in any of my games although I haven't tried it lately in Valhalla because I took it off my drive over a month ago (for the second time) to make room for games that aren't buggy and are playable (I did the same to Cyberpunk) .... Frankly I don't see any compelling reason to re-install it after this update

• zio.pino
    12 posts

@longjohn119 I try to explain you, maybe in the past driver installation i set somthing wrong, so, i unistall , reinstall with clean installation and now all work , i can set my refresh rate and graphic option without crashing. i just need test a long game session.

• xtwitch29479
    3 posts

Is there a reason why this isn't listed in the issues thread? Or am I missing something? Using an rtx 3070 on 461.51 drivers. Apparently nvidia said they fixed valhalla crashing but I guess not. Display drivers crash in event viewer. Seems to be when the game is saving itself but I'm not too sure as of yet.

• zio.pino
    12 posts

ok guys, today ive played 2hr with no issue following this steps, tell me if you solved like this.

1 Reboot in safe mode
    2 Unistall Nvidia driver with DDU v18.0.3.7
    3 Rebbot in normal mode
    4 Install new driver 461.92

• braudrist
    21 posts

@nero_ink How do you disable the overlay and get the game running? When I do it, the game won't even launch for me.

• zio.pino
    12 posts

i have disable it from option and the game run pretty well, try lanch the ACV from the exe with admin privileg

• zardozpt
    7 posts

And it just crashed on the map. It was the first time that it crashed on the map. The log file shows the same thing, 5 disconnects and that's it, a crash.
    I think that some of these solutions will not work, yesterday I played for 3 hours straight and no crashes. No changes on my system, yesterday before playing I downloaded the new patch, installed the latest nvidia drivers and played for 3 hours. Today I start the game, go to the map, and bam, crash to desktop.

• boo-yah1907
    140 posts

Ostara is a crash fest!!! I am on the egg hunting mission and thats when it all started, during other missions did not encounter any of those crashes. Sent 3 reports today already also 1 more yesterday after the 1.2.0 patch. Oh and btw each time the game crashes you would loose some of the eggs that you have found, not to mention the fighting game that was carried over from yule is still buggy, opponents do not allways take the punch even if they take the damage, which causes them continue to punch you even if you just beated them right before their attack animation started, which causes you to enter the next fight with lover health then you should(the game forces you to stay iddle during that). Also the reward is not worth it. I am not sending any msinfo or dxdiag files just so you can blame my pc, to get rid of the persponsibility of providing a proper service. Simply look at what you did differently while you prepared this features and updates. my pc is up to date and within the requirements that you posted before launch. I am sick and tired of hearing the same thingds from ubis part over and over again, just to play for time. I am only putting up eith w,th this nonsense, because i already payed and want to end it. Since i already preordered the FC6, that is gonna be my last ubi game.
    Ps: even if it is a fresh feature, the game showed me a warning as soon as i entered the game saying i got only 48 hours left with the ostara festival. Dont know if it was designed that way or if its another bug...

• JCar4327
    603 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ChuckKatse
    196 posts

@boo-yah1907 Has been crashing everywhere in the game for me since this Ostara Festival started. Game was working fine yesterday prior to Ostara.

• Father-Jack
    11 posts

ACV Crashes every 5-10 minutes here since the Ostara Season started. Normally it crashes around once a day which I can live with, but now it's just annoying. PC with GTX 1080, Win 10 x64.

• Father-Jack
    11 posts
    Ostara is a crash fest!!! I am on the egg hunting mission and thats when it all started, during other missions did not encounter any of those crashes.

Pretty much the same here. It may be due to spamming the Odin Sight as you run around looking for the eggs perhaps.

• ana_kerie
    12 posts

I'm on the PS4 and crashed constantly looking for the eggs. The only way I was able to finally complete it was to save after every egg I found. Once I was on the outskirts of town and the game crashed because a deer attacked me. I know this supposed to be an Easter-themed addition but I'm getting tired of resurrecting my saves.

• longjohn119
    467 posts
    @longjohn119 I try to explain you, maybe in the past driver installation i set somthing wrong, so, i unistall , reinstall with clean installation and now all work , i can set my refresh rate and graphic option without crashing. i just need test a long game session.

You likely didn't do anything wrong sometimes upgrading the graphics drivers several times in a year causes problems that are related to the driver install package and/or Windows itself .... That's why the program DDU was created over a decade ago because driver installs sometimes glitch even when you do everything right .... Personally I run DDU after every 3 or 4 driver upgrades just to clean out the Windows Registry and I also use it for audio driver upgrades Realtek and Creative are pretty bad about some of their driver upgrades messing thing up

• abdusamed_faker
    7 posts

Can confirm the crashes still exist. Running on 5700 XT on latest update as per date of this post.

Ostara festival really upped the number of crashes I am having. I have submitted report to AMD bug report but I have yet to hear back from them.

@Ubisoft ? Any input?

• nimrodel78
    2 posts

Today, my game only crashed in fighting competition in Ostara festival... the game was stable for me in other activities...
    It has been an improvement, couse yesterday, it crashed every 15 min, and the day of the update it crashed every 2-5 min...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics