Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Asryan2a
    55 posts

Well i'm happy to see it's not my rig having an issue but it's annoying and it's killing all my fun to play this game

• exolstice
    3 posts

@asryan2a I have a 3900X, 32GB of RAM, and a 3080, all drivers and updates are current, so I know it's not my PC. Also, AC Valhalla is the only game I've played since I build this PC that crashes.

• Piotrek1220PL
    5 posts

Aundefined

Any idea how to fix this? I didnt update game to 1.2.0 still running on river raids update since today i cant play :E

• zio.pino
    12 posts

Still crashing, i can play about 45 min only if: i rebot the pc, close all programs, special ghub from logitech, and launch game from exe no from ubiconnect, but after 40-45 min crash again:) so sad, i want the Odissey Graphic Engine Back!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 148 posts

Hey there folks.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with crashing.

Just to double check if you haven't already done so please attempt each step suggested here first of all.

If the issues persist after doing so please submit a support case to us and attach your msinfo and dxdiag files to the case for further investigation. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 148 posts

@piotrek1220pl

Hey there.

As advised on the other thread you created I suspect you will likely need to update to the latest version of the game.

Official Response
  • Asryan2a
    55 posts

What Ubisoft asked me :

Send them the dxdiag and msinfo (3 times) without giving any more help.

And the best one :

"it seems to me that he has a concern regarding the resolution of your screen.
    The recommended resolution for Assassin's Creed Valhalla would be 1920 x 1080p, while you use 3840 x 1600 (p) resolution. So please change the resolution in your graphics properties. So, try to run the monitor in its native mode (60Hz) instead of 75Hz and 160Hz. These are known to cause problems."
    So yeah i have a 3840x1600 widescreen and a 3090 but i'm supposed to run the game at a lower resolution and with a fps cap just for the sake to make it work. They're just admitting the game is flawed.

Worst thing is, despite a LOT of topics about the very same freezing issue here or on other forums, this issue was never adressed in any patches, feels like they are just completely ignoring it.

• boo-yah1907
    140 posts

@asryan2a got a lower pc here.was running the game on medium but everything was fine until ostara, now i got low fps and downgraded visuals since the hotfix(i did not change the settings-eivor looks like in lowest setting). did not even tried to open the game since yesterday. The pc was within the specifics they posted prelaunch and now suddenly they post around links which contains a list saying that the pc "may" not be enough to run in the half of it. whats ubisofts point i wonder...

• abdusamed_faker
    7 posts

@exolstice

I got to reduce crashes on mine by doing the following - from every 10 to 20 mins to crashes to happen rarely - at least for the past 10 hours I have played since last time posting of encountering crashes every 10 to 30 minutes. My system spec - ryzen 5 1600 paired with 5700 XT

1. Uninstall Logitech software [might not be the problem]
    2. Update & factory reset AMD Radeon Software
    3. Disable Windows Defender [this might be the problem]
    4. If using multi monitor setup - force single monitor to use

Also, running the game at high resolution might give problem. I haven't tried but if you are getting too much crashes, try to tone res to 1080p if it helps.

• zio.pino
    12 posts

@abdusamed_faker also changing virtual emmory help, seem that if you have windows with default memory control , the game crash, i saw a video on youtube that subjest it for fix AC Crash.. here a guide : https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-virtual-memory-size-windows-10 i dont know if only this or the problems are more, i play for more than one hr then i close the game, no crash 🙂 so happy (for now)

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

What am i suppose to put for virtual memory with 32gb of ram?

• longjohn119
    467 posts

@asryan2a I would suggest letting Windows manage the memory and you'll never run out unless you hard drive is running out of space ........ That nonsense of setting the Page File manually hasn't been true since Windows XP .... I'd suggest watching this video

• zio.pino
    12 posts

@asryan2a 32*1,024 = 32.768

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

Bump. Same on Stadia.

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

@longjohn119 I'll leave on auto then i guess it's not the issue

• crocodilebundy
    7 posts

same here - newest patch, newest geforce driver - 20 min - crash. okay, i have played the main story, no one needs the 'event' dlcs. i quit.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

I am done with Valhalla even though I bought the Ultimate Edition and DLCs are coming. Uninstalled it, not looking back and last Ubisoft game I am spending money on.

I have played the game since launch in november, completed it almost 100% (minus the fishes that were no where to be found), never had a crash. Then came the "Christmas event" that totally broke my game with crashes every 5 minutes. It has never been correctly addressed in each of the following updates.

I. Am. Done.

• zio.pino
    12 posts

@dlmthree i still have no crash after this: seem that if you have windows with default memory control , the game crash, i saw a video on youtube that subjest it for fix AC Crash.. here a guide : https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-virtual-memory-size-windows-10 i dont know if only this or the problems are more, i play for more than one hr then i close the game, no crash 🙂 so happy (for now)

• Moditemarde1
    34 posts

@zio-pino its a major problem from the game if thats the case. Anyhow, it doesnt solve console crashes or Stadia ones.

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

@zio-pino Is it still good for you?
    you just have to set it up for the drive on which the game is installed right?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics