Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@awolcz So you're saying just delete the pagefile altogether to fix the problem?

• awolcz
    4 posts

@redindianrobin I'm not sure you can delete it. It just gets deteled / reset when you change virtual memory settings as is seen in video @CptBorschtsch sent. Probably you can then try to set it back to automatic and see if it still works. For me, virtual memory file got deleted when I booted into windows with less RAM - I tested RAM modules as I suspected my memory is wrong when I see errors in stress tests, but it appears to be virtual memory problem as my system is stable again - including Valhalla, even with original RAM. So the only change is actually virtual memory file which got reset.

• VIrumZz
    4 posts

After the latest patch the game still randomly freezes after 5+ minutes of gameplay. Basically the game screen freezes but background/environment noise is still playing. The only way to close it down is by opening task manager and ending the process. It is a well known issue on PC, which i am using and before its recommend to me everything is set up right with my PC, its not my PC. Its a common issue across multiple PC's and the community and i was hoping it would be fixed in the first patch. I have read that i may be a file and people are having to manually change of the game's coding file to fix it. However i do not want to do that. Do you have any idea roughly when it will be?

Cheers
    Tom

• longjohn119
    617 posts

@redindianrobin

HZD, yes .... RDR2 no way ..... It took them 6 weeks before they fixed their junk launcher so it wouldn't instantly crash and then another 4 weeks before the fixed the crashes every 45-60 minutes

It wasn't my computer that was the problem because I never changed anything on it, both times it worked after they finally released a decent patch ..... and that doesn't even include the snow tessellation issues on the RX 5700 card that plagued them for over a month ......

RDR2 didn't make the Gamers Nexus 2019 Disappointment Tour for nothing ......

Valhalla is a leading candidate for the Gamers Nexus 2020 Disappointment Tour

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@longjohn119 The launcher crash was specific only to AMD motherboards for microcode incompatibility. The problem was there with Destiny 2 as well. Besides, Rockstar patched the microcode incompatibility within 2 weeks as I played online with my friend who was affected after the second week. Definitely not 6 weeks lol.
    Also I don't think Valhalla will win because Cyberpunk is yet to come out and leaks shows it runs like hot garbage with Bethesda level of bugs. Witcher 3 was the worst optimized game at launch in 2015, CBPK should follow suit lol.
    @awolcz I did that but it didn't fix for me. For me the only fix is downgrading drivers.

• longjohn119
    617 posts
    @longjohn119 The launcher crash was specific only to AMD motherboards for microcode incompatibility. The problem was there with Destiny 2 as well. Besides, Rockstar patched the microcode incompatibility within 2 weeks as I played online with my friend who was affected after the second week. Definitely not 6 weeks lol.
    Also I don't think Valhalla will win because Cyberpunk is yet to come out and leaks shows it runs like hot garbage with Bethesda level of bugs. Witcher 3 was the worst optimized game at launch in 2015, CBPK should follow suit lol.
    @awolcz I did that but it didn't fix for me. For me the only fix is downgrading drivers.

Definitely 6 weeks for me ...... and even after I got it to launch it would crash every 45 - 60 minutes ..... It was always trying to access Protected Memory which on a Windows system is reserved solely for the Kernel ..... You violate the kernel's protected memory and it will puke because it is part of how it protects itself from viruses and trojans ...... In other words to Windows RDR2 looked like a virus because it was exhibiting virus-like behavior

Like I said, it didn't make the Gamers Nexus 2019 Disappointment Tour for nothing .....

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@virumzz Hello there! I'm sorry to hear Valhalla is crashing this often for you. I'd like to have you complete the steps in this FAQ first, and see if the issue persists. Also, I was having a similar issue when playing Valhalla originally, and found these steps also helped load the game properly without any freezing. (Specifically in my case, disabling Geforce overlay seemed to do the trick!)

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    617 posts
    I have the game downloaded on ssd playing 5700xt amd 7 3700x 64g ram ect ect.. and this game crashes for me every 5-25mins constantly . SO GLAD I DIDNT BUY THIS POLISHED T-U-R-D of a game got it in a bundle with my amd proc . GODFALL is another title I got with my 5700xt and it runs but the gameplay is trash. Need a big patch to fix AC val it looks like tons of main questline stuff is broken too, I had a quest bug out when I crashed in the middle of it now it won't complete. Have to wait month or two to actually enjoy the game I guess.....PATCH THE GAME UBISOFT!!!

I also got my copy via the AMD promotion ..... Luckily the 3700x I got was worth the price even without the game ..... However I dumped my RX 5700 for a less than 1 year old RTX 2080 Super Seahawk X hybrid watercooled and it just eats the 5700's lunch ..... I have only had one crash with it in over 6 weeks, with Valhalla the game just CTD but without any error, it just shut off and I fired it back up and if never crashed again but I haven't even fired up the game since November 11 because I refuse to even play it until the fix the broken aim lock .... I haven't even tried the latest patch because it's just a waste of time to me to play it when the bows don't work correctly so I don't have any kind of 1st hand analysis as to why it is crashing ...... And since I won't be playing it anyway it's pointless for me to bother with it ......

I suspect most of the questline problems are actually due to the Connect app when it "phones home" .... I bet it fails to register an event as completed at the same time it makes a quick save to "the cloud" .... All the bugs that start out with "unable to proceed in such and such quest" are actually just one bug which indicate a common failure mode and that thing in common is the Ubisoft Connect app ..... That is why they failed to catch the errors in game testing and I bet they are still doing their testing on versions of the game that aren't connected to the Connect App and don't include the 'hooks' it uses which is why they thought they fixed the problem with this patch ..... It worked on the development machines and I bet they don't use the Connect app when they are testing ....

• cavveman
    84 posts

Is it possible to downgrade back to patch 1.0.2 somehow inside the launcher?
    Cause prior to 1.0.4 my game never crashed, but now it crashes even when I play Orlog...

• blemiglute
    9 posts

Hi, since launch I had not a single crash with AC Valhalla, since last update, game keeps freezing (sound continues but image is frozen) every 15 minutes, [censored]?

• VIrumZz
    4 posts

@ubiwan As expected these steps did not work. Please resolve this in the next patch.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@blemiglute Hello there! Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear this is happening. I'd like to know if this freezing issue persists after completing the steps found here, as well as the troubleshooting steps listed in this FAQ. I've experienced this issue once before, and disabling other applications while running the game has helped resolved the freezing for me!

Official Response
  • Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@ubi-baron I refuse to be required to create Twitter or Facebook accounts to get preferential treatment for a game purchased by giving the creator, Ubisoft, money. Such a request is an insult to paying customers.

The best method of feedback for a crashing game would be for the game to generate a crash report to send to Ubisoft, which I think it has done only one time out of tens of crashes.

• EggsnJakey
    1 posts

@plan3tcrackr Man it has crashed on me twice today and there's no way it's my hardware. I've played 70 hours of this game and it has only crashed once before and that was because I was running stuff in the background and today it's acting up. The first time it crashed it actually did produce a crash report and sent it to uplay but 5 minutes ago I had to open task manager to exit the program. I updated my 2080ti drivers after the first crash and it did run a little better in benchmark. Who knows maybe it's the city Im in? So who knows but hopefully they stop setting games out before they are bug and crash free like ya Cyber punk 2077 took an extra ya but heres to hoping it plays better than this has. Good luck!

• znipah123
    3 posts

@redindianrobin Sorry to hear it's still crashing. For my particular case and PC though it has not crashed once in a 4 hour playsession with updated drivers. I should add that I set ACValhalla.exe to "Disable fullscreen optimizations" and "Run as administrator" prior to updating the drivers and start the game directly using the exe.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@znipah123 Yeah I did all those. Nothing worked. I can unfreeze the game by alt tabbing or pressing the Win key. This is such a weird problem. It is happening only in 45x.xx iteration of drivers. 44x.xx is smooth. Not a single crash in 100+ hours.

• AnolinMcGinnis
    24 posts

@plan3tcrackr

My crash report log files are empty as well. And there’s nothing in event logs either.

i have an open ticket with their support, but they haven’t been helpful at all.

The thing is, why haven’t they acknowledged this as a known issue when there are multiple posts here, Reddit, etc?

This is getting ridiculous.

• AnolinMcGinnis
    24 posts

@peewee051

Mine is freezing randomly too on PC.

Last time it happened I was just changing my tattoos.

Ubisoft needs to acknowledge this ASAP and put it on their list of known issues and stop ignoring all the posts here and elsewhere!

• Red-Harmonic
    4 posts

@bob__gnarly
    I did the same as you and its working fine for few days now. I just lowered the clouds setting from ultra to High.
    Not sure what they did with 1.0.4 or with the latest nvidia driver, but apparently this game is very demanding on GPU resources.

• blemiglute
    9 posts

@ubiwan Hi, yes, nothing has worked. Also, this is not related to any of those because I had no crashes at all prior to the last TU.

The only thing that seem to work so far is the trick found on reddit to manually allocate the maximum VRam you can through system properties.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics