Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Alarick7
    14 posts

@kamidon74 Same issue here mate. Only Hamtunscire left and it just crashes now whatever I do. Before that, the game crashes pretty rarely. Around 1 or 2 per game session. Now it's just guaranteed to crash after 5-10 minutes or so. I've tried rolling back drivers, deleting caches, verifying files, loading old saves, lowering the graphic settings. I bet my life that it's not on my end since even consoles have reported crashing.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

I've been playing CBPK with the latest drivers and absolutely no crashes in 30 hours. Ubisoft needs to get their heads out of their [censored] and fix their [censored].

• launzzz
    1 posts

I am now about 80 hours into the game and since patch 1.0.4:

• the game crashes about two times per hours. Given the long time it takes to start the game, this is extremely annoying.
    • the loading times (e.g. before talking to someone) are getting longer and longer
    • trying to do a feast results in a crash as well

• Wilko0o
    3 posts

The game loads me into the pre game area where you run around as your character then after that i go to a loading screen that loads forever, i even left it overnight to see if it was just slow but nothing. I have updated drivers, verified files, updated windows and reinstalled the game but still not working

• scottyusceaser1
    34 posts

@wilko0o Try going to your 'Documents - Assassins creed Valhalla - delete catche folder and the AC_Valhalla Config file and start the game in Admin mode.'

• Wilko0o
    3 posts

@scottyusceaser1 '

hey, i couldnt find the files but i ran the game file as administrator and it worked and i started to play but i am now fighting Kyotve and when he charges you off the ledge it sends me into another infinite loading screen

• Nanna_shaker
    6 posts

Tried everything suggested by Ubisoft, and Wilko... no dice. Downgraded graphics quality and ran windowed (which I shouldn't have to) - crashed immediately. Even worse than higher quality.

• Wilko0o
    3 posts

@nanna_shaker its a shame honestly, spend $90 to play the only good viking related game in so long and u cant even play im sick of it

• camokillo
    12 posts

Cyberpunk 2077 I'm able to play flawlessly and no crashes with full settings ultra everything. Meanwhile in Valhalla I'm still crashing every dame session. it might have some glitches in Cyberpunk but at least the game doesnt CRASH. Damn CD Projekt Red can actually make more stable games than Ubisoft. What a shame. Get your crap together UBI

• Furmano81
    11 posts

Nothing changed for me with this patch
    I need to be extremele lucky to play the game:
    Ryzen 5 3600
    5700XT
    16GB RAM
    Nothing is overclocked and game is freezing after a few minutes or less
    New win 10 in installed after format
    I 've lost hope

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@camokillo IKR. In today's patch, I played for like 15 minutes didn't crash yet with the latest drivers.

• Phoxfire.ttv
    1 posts

I am having similar issues. When trying to load into the game I sit on the "When the Game is saving you get this icon" screen for about 15 minutes. Loading times after fast traveling have slowly gotten worse.
    My game is installed on M.2 Drive, I am running with: CPU: Intel i7 8700k, GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 16GB of RAM

• longjohn119
    617 posts
    I've been playing CBPK with the latest drivers and absolutely no crashes in 30 hours. Ubisoft needs to get their heads out of their [censored] and fix their [censored].

I've been playing too but only have about 10 hours in mainly trying different graphics setting to get the best performance/visual compromise .... I haven't had any crashing problems but there is a major flaw for Ryzen CPUs in that you have to take a Hex Editor to the EXE and enable SMT although I expect that to be fixed in the next update because all that happened was someone forget to set a complier switch when the recompiled the EXE for the 1.04 update ..... There was also a goof in the memory pooling, basically it was set for the same settings as consoles so it wasn't properly taking advantage of the extra memory most PCs and PC graphics cards have to offer ..... The SMT bug fix bought me an extra 20% FPS and the memory pool fix gained me another 5% or a grand total of 25% increase in framerates ....I expect both problems will be resolved in the update later this week because they are both a no-brainer to fix and likely caused because these guys are overworked trying to rush out these patches so quickly (4 patches in as many days) and a lot of dumb mistakes like that happen ..... I've been in high pressure situations like that myself too many times to count and it's not fun and extremely stressful but sometimes you just have to suck it up and do what you gotta do

They do have some real problems with last gen consoles though and I wouldn't be surprised to see over 1 million units having to be refunded but at least they are willing to take the hit and do the right thing ..... Frankly as an Electronics Engineer I really can't see how they'll even make CP2077 work on those old decrepit Jaguar CPUs when the game demands 8 cores and 16 threads and anything less just tanks the performance in many parts of the game

• camokillo
    12 posts

@redindianrobin bro, its crazy. how many sequels of Assassins Creed and they still cant create a game stable right out of the gates. I'll look back into reinstalling the game but as of right now, I wanna see more people saying their game is stable for me to load Valhalla back up and try again.

• longjohn119
    617 posts

@camokillo
    I'm not loading it back up until they fix the Aim Assist ...... Which is looking more and more like I'll never load this game back up ever again .....

How come this game is so damned buggy and broken while Immortals on the exact same game engine with less development time is relatively stable with minimal bugs? The Aim Assist works in that game, at least in the Stadia demo I tried .....

Frankly I wish I could trade my copy of Valhalla for a copy of Immortals which actually looks like fun and that is my main goal in games, to have some fun ..... If I want a challenge I'll go do something that makes me money .....

• Naazgoul
    1 posts

Its the conflicting software especially on Ryzen products...I ended up putting it in windowed mode and max graphics and its running great.

• DRock_Kill
    3 posts

Guys, this new patch 1.1.0 fixed the freezes for me, I played for another 2 hours and I didn't have any more random freezes because of Ubisoft Connect! I have an updated Nvidia driver! I5 7400 and GTX 1060 6GB playing smoothly at high! I hope he fixed it for you too.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@drock_kill Yeah I played for 15 minutes and went back to CBPK. I need to do some extensive testing.

• D4rKy26
    64 posts

I can confirm aswell i also have more random crashings to desktop. Before the big update it was way less.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@drock_kill Nah. It froze after 40 minutes of playing lol. I have to play with this with old drivers but I have Cyberpunk to beat first.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics