Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kjenningsiii
    6 posts

Wanted to share this bit of info. The issue is mostly with the video drivers/software and the virtual memory file. This game is VERY demanding and even if settings are slightly off, you will experience issues.

Delete and reinstall your video drivers WITHOUT using the software. Most times, when you run the downloaded exe's, the files extract to a folder and run a separate exe within it for the setup. Do NOT let it run the setup after you've extracted the files out. Instead, close the install portion and point Windows to the extracted folder when using the Windows installer (control panel - dev mgr etc) and let it find and install the drivers on its own. This way, you will have the drivers but NO adrenaline/NVidia software to potentially cause a conflict down the road. Downside, you don't have a single global agent to control settings for all your games. You will likely have to tweak graphics settings for your games individually :(. Not a big deal if you normally do this. Enthusiasts, however, might find this annoying.

There is a video circulating that properly instructs you on how to increase your paging file. This assists in boosting your V Memory. Again, this game is VERY demanding. Follow this video, and both of these together should have you up and running soon. I was originally playing fine, updated and suddenly the game crashed so often I quit. Sometimes it got so bad as to crash in less than 5 minutes.... I've been playing now on max settings at 2k for 2 weeks with a consistent 60fps and only a SINGLE freeze... not a forced crash to desktop... just a simple freeze. Must have been a fluke. Running an RX 5700 XT it made NO sense why I was getting stuttering and random crashes smh..

Hope this helps out~~

K

• kjenningsiii
    6 posts

@bonzospb had these EXACT same error codes smh.. Look at my response below. I put up something I think seriously might help you. Started like 20-30 mins then got down to force quitting after 2-3mins... Stuff was nuts.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

what worked for me

Well follow what I did to play for hours without freezing or errors.

1 open the game and play until it freezes or gives error.
    2 have on your pc the manual drivers for your video card in case I am using version 460.79-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.
    3 repair video drivers or reinstall drivers
    4 restart the pc and open the game will run without problems, however as soon as you close the game or restart the pc the freezing problem comes back and you will have to do these steps again to work.

for some reason the game has corrupted a video driver file whenever you have the error, requiring you to reset the driver.

• UbiSObuggy
    8 posts

Accounting for all the bugs and CTD... Too many to justify paying for this game. But that's just me.
    What are your opinions?

• OverHaze
    3 posts

So stupid question but how many of you who are having the crash are using dual spears? I ask because I switched to Mournful Cry earlier in the week and had no crashes until I switched back to dual spears today. It's almost certainly unrelated but I guessed it was worth checking.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@overhaze I don't think it has anything to do with me and something related to drivers, since I re-installed my old Vga 1660ti and went back to drivers 457.94 The game worked perfectly, I tested the drivers and updated them to newer ones and it was a freezing error every 5 mintuos, I went back to my rtx 3070, but I can't use these drivers to test it

• Carnatus2
    4 posts

II limited my FPS to 60, a suggestion I saw in a long thread. I went from 5 to six crashes in an evening to none.

• OverHaze
    3 posts

Well I went from no crashes all week to crashing every 10 minutes. The game is unplayable in this condition. I guess I'll play Yakuza Like A Dragon until it's fixed.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@overhaze This issue is never getting fixed. They haven't even acknowledged the crashes/freezes and you're expecting a fix? lol

• longjohn119
    716 posts
    Well I went from no crashes all week to crashing every 10 minutes. The game is unplayable in this condition. I guess I'll play Yakuza Like A Dragon until it's fixed.

After Cyberpuck 2077 also became a bust I went in and redid my Skyrim SE mod build that got mucked up when I tried to move it to me new computer forcing me to essentially do it over from scratch

Right now I have about 360 Mods, 25 or so compatibility patches and a total of 205 additional plug-ins and in over 60 hours of gameplay I had one CTD and yesterday I had a really bad stuttering problem in the middle of a fight but I think that was due to having Chrome open in the background with 6 tabs open so I was hitting my swap file hard because Chrome is a well known memory hog with several tabs open ..... however it only lasted for a minute and I continued on for another 10 until I finished that main quest and then I shut down and restarted the game and didn't have any problems since

It sad when a 9 year old modded to the extreme game is more stable than either Valhalla or Cyberpunk and I finally got the right combination of mods so it not only looks great the combat is actually fun, Blacksmithing weapons and gear is fun and building up homesteads and buying property and upgrading it is really engaging and fun ..... Key word here is FUN which I wasn't getting out of either Valhalla or Cyberpunk because of systemic bugs and AI glitches ....... Nothing sucks the fun out of a game like a bad AI and bugs galore

• longjohn119
    716 posts
    Hi Ubisoft,

You should have received 7 crash reports from me over the last two days because Valhalla won't play for any longer than approx 15-30 minutes.

I also get this in the launcher logs which may be linked:

[ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:19:57   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (364)       Game with process id 3224 connected (API version: 2.3.0).
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:19:58   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:20:00   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (364)       Game with process id 3224 connected (API version: 2.3.0).
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:20:00   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:24:29   [20180]   INFO    ApiProcessConnection.cpp (289)          Game with process id 3224 disconnected.
    [ 9952] 2020-12-22 12:24:29   [20180]   INFO    UplayGameConnectionHandler.cpp (317)       Game with process id 3224 disconnected.

Please get this sorted.

That's the Uplay Connect app mucking up the works ...... They need to trashcan that app and start over again from scratch and it would probably fix 90% of their problems not only with Valhalla but also Odyssey and every other game using it ......

This is the main cause of missions failing to register as complete because if it disconnects in the middle of a Cloud Save data is lost or corrupted ......

• edengonzalez86
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • edengonzalez86
    3 posts

For those of you on a Nvidia 30 series card I found a solution that worked for me. I originally had a +125 core +250 memory OC (very stable and works on all other games I play) on my evga 3090 ftw3 and that would cause the game to crash constantly. I tried all the different methods posted and was not able to get the game not to crash. The game would also crash on the default settings on my card. What fixed it for me was undervolting my gpu. My card will not boost past 1950mhz because of the undervolt and I have gone crash free for 3 days now and this is with all graphic settings maxed out. Before my card would boost to 2010mhz (stock settings) and 2100mhz (my OC profiles) And game would constantly crash. Hope this helps some of you.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@edengonzalez86 I have a 3070 oc tbm, in case you downloaded -125 core - 250 memory it?

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@edengonzalez86 This works for Pascal too except you need to downclock quite a bit which results in a big performance loss.

• edengonzalez86
    3 posts

I just tested again with a +100 core +250 memory and power slider at 100% instead of 107% and I'm able to play the game with no crashes. Seems this game is very sensitive to clock speeds. Was able to play with a steady 2000mhz on the core. I didn't get to play as much as I wanted. I'll get to play for a few hours tomorrow and report back if the game crashes or not.

• Formalitos
    1 posts

I have the same problem. I have tried everything that was written here and it still did not fixed it.

And they don't want to pay my money back. Ubisoft support chat.

I recommend everyone to raise dispute with your credit card company to claim back your money because ubisoft will keep on selling not working product for more people until they realize that they have to fixit otherwise they not gonna get payed.

• eniora
    23 posts

@edengonzalez86 I can confirm that putting the slider on 100% instead of 107% fixed the crashes for me (at least for now, played for few hours so can't quickly judge)

I had crashes every ~30 mins with the power slider on 107% with stock mem and core clocks with my 3090 ASUS TUF.
    Thanks dude. Hopefully it stays that way and the crashes are gone 🙂

This is the only game that gets my core clock speeds close to 2000mhz with stock clocks while all other games barely hit 1900mhz. Not sure if it's a driver or game issue, what I know is that it's hard to imagine that ubi is innocent so it's either both or only ubi's fault.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@eniora let me get it right, do you increase the use of energy to 107% of this? I'm a layman in this aspect of over

• eniora
    23 posts

@bendelaboombr Originally I had my RTX 3090 set to 107% power limit in MSI afterburner (with default stock core and memory clocks). This 107% power limit used to push my core clock in Valhalla close to 2000mhz which resulted in display driver crashing. Now with it set to the default value (which is factory 100%) the GPU averages 1920-1950mhz and I have no crashes so far.

Suggested Topics