Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@undertherock Oh wow this is big for Valhalla. A driver that says to have fixed crashes for Valhalla? Now that's a first. But too little, too late, I have already beat the game with old drivers and moved on to WD Legion.

• XTrior
    15 posts

@undertherock Not working for me. Downloaded the driver and the game still crashed after like an hour or so, same thing as before. This is most curious, I really thought this new driver may have fixed it.....anyone else have any luck?

• eniora
    23 posts

@xtrior
    I haven't tried the driver yet but darn that's bad news. Did you check event viewer to see if it's still the same infamous "display driver stopped working" issue?
    What GPU and CPU do you have?

I wonder what hack nvidia used on the drivers thinking they fixed these crashing issues. Must be some tweaks to power management features.

• XTrior
    15 posts

@eniora Yep! I checked event viewer immediately after crash, its the same infamous display driver stopped responding warning. I have a Core i7 7700HQ with a GTX 1070 and 16gb RAM. I dont think anythings wrong with my pc because all other games run great on my machine without any crashes. I mean I play Red Dead Redemption 2 for hours and hours, not a single crash ever since Ive started playing it.

• Skylinee87
    27 posts

Having random crashes too. Returned to the game today after not having played it since the middle of December and had a crash within 15 mins. After that i played for around an hour with no crash.

i7 4770k
    GTX 1070 /w 460.79 driver (yes it's not the newest, but shouldn't matter since people are crashing with the latest hotfix driver).

In December i had my first few crashes with a driver from September. The most recent driver available back then did not fix the issue either.
    Definitely a game/driver specific issue. Played tons of other games during christmas with absolutely zero issues. Before the first crashes in December i've also not had a single driver crash since Horizon Zero Dawn in August (which was known to have similar TDR/Timeout Display Recovery crashes).

• YazX_
    174 posts

New Drivers are crap and fixed nothing, also people are complaining about it on Geforce forums, anyhow, rolled back to driver 446.14 a while back and the game works flawlessly without any single TDR (Driver Crash), if you are on RTX 3000 series then you are out of luck.

• eniora
    23 posts

Guys if you have multi-monitor setup even if the 2nd monitor is inactive but connected to the GPU, disconnect it and try. The nvidia drivers since 3000 series are confirmed to cause issues and random crashes with more than one monitor connected. I will be trying this and will report back.

• eniora
    23 posts

I can confirm that disconnecting my 2nd monitor fixed the crashes for me. It's all related to your monitor(s) config and the new broken nvidia drivers since 456.xx. If you have more than one monitor connected then disconnect it and try. Can also happen if you have one high refresh rate monitor especially with G-Sync, if so, try to limit the refresh rate and disable G-Sync if you have it on to troubleshoot.
    I reported all my findings to nvidia along with memory dumps and they said they will be looking into the issue.

I discovered this fix because I also had browser crashes while watching streams (Youtube etc..) and disconnecting my 2nd monitor fixed those as well, me and few other guys are investigating this on EVGA forums.

See my post here and all the ones after it:
    https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3206947

• longjohn119
    769 posts

@eniora
    I suspect that may only be a problem with 3000 series because I have a 2080 Super running a secondary 7" monitor to monitor my system with 260.79 drivers and I haven't had any crashing problems in games or with YouTube

undefined

• eniora
    23 posts

@longjohn119
    It's a complicated combination TBH. Actually it might only happen with certain multi-monitor configs and not all. And ye I suspect this specific multi monitor issue to be isolated to 3000 series and the new drivers.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@eniora I don't even have a second monitor.

• XTrior
    15 posts

People keep saying that 456.xx onwards drivers have been causing the crashes but I rolled back to the 446.14 drivers and I still had crashes. Can anyone whos currently using a 44x.xx driver guide me and tell me which driver is the most stable.

• eniora
    23 posts

@redindianrobin
    What card do you have and drivers? As I said, it can happen with one monitor if high refresh rate or G-Sync enabled. If so, try to lower down the refresh rate if it's above 60hz or disable G-Sync if enabled and test.

• cavveman
    84 posts

The crashing is so random. Sometimes I can play several hours in a row without crashing. And sometimes it crashes every 5 minutes. And it has nothing to do with hardware for me. Ubisoft connect is the culprit for me.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@eniora 1060 6GB. No secondary monitor. No Gysnc and only 60Hz. Any drivers above 45x.xx crashes. 44x.xx and below = absolutely zero crashes even with overclock.

• Skylinee87
    27 posts

Nothing to do with multiple screens or 3xxx series cards. Only using 1 screen with a GTX 1070 and crashing frequently. At least they seem aware since they released a (non-working) hotfix that was supposed to fix this.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@skylinee87 I'm sure and drivers, I tested my old 1660 ti video card with driver 44 ... it didn't crash for two days, I updated to the latest driver and the game crashes, I went back to my RT70 3070 and unfortunately sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't have days q works for hours has days hangs every 5 minutes.

• longjohn119
    769 posts
    People keep saying that 456.xx onwards drivers have been causing the crashes but I rolled back to the 446.14 drivers and I still had crashes. Can anyone whos currently using a 44x.xx driver guide me and tell me which driver is the most stable.

When you downgrade especially several versions or if you have installed numerous driver versions you really need to run a program like DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) IN THE SAFE MODE to clean up all the files and especially to clean up all the old entries in the Windows Registry ..... I use it about every 3 or 4 driver version installs (6-8 months since I don't install every driver when it come out unless there is a good reason to do so)

• daredevil313
    5 posts

I had several nvlddmkm.sys crashes, they were usually rare untill tonight when I got about three in less than 5 hours session
    they just added a hotfix for the latest nvidia driver

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5152/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-461.33

they are addressing specifically [Assassin's Creed Valhalla] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay [200679654]

I hope it works 🤞

• eniora
    23 posts

@daredevil313 You should read the last 2 pages, the hotfix is useless and "fixed" nothing regarding Valhalla.

Suggested Topics