Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• XTrior
    15 posts

@sodalyte8 DAMN! Thats really unfortunate! Because I was so sure the Monitor's refresh rate may have been the main culprit. Did you try changing ONLY the ingame refresh rate while keeping the desktop's native refresh rate? (Like If your native refresh rate is 120 hz, you keep it at 120hz at nvidia's control panel but change it to 60hz INGAME)

• braudrist
    21 posts

@xtrior Thanks a lot man, that fixed it for me. It's just too bad I have to play on medium settings at 60hz with a RTX 3090 and a 200Hz monitor.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

in your win error report, do you happen to have this error?
    3D12 Device Removed Extended Data

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: D3DDRED2
    GpuManufacturer: VEN_10DE
    GpuDriverVersion: 27.21.14.6089
    DeviceRemovedReason: 0x887A0006
    DeviceExecutionState: 7
    AppName: ACValhalla.exe
    AppView: Unknown
    Operating system version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
    Location ID: 1046

new driver didn’t solve for me, put in 60hz I could play for half an hour but soon I had CTD

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

updating good case I believe my problem is the direct x 12 all games dirctx 11 or vulkan work perfectly all games dx12 not working all I have CTD with the same error D3D12 Device Removed Extended Data, today I changed BF 5 to dx12 to test and I had CTD with same error D3D12 Device Removed Extended Data.

my doubt and defect of the graphics card? driver ? or defect with windows?

already formatted computer 2 times and did not solve

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@bendelaboombr If all yours games are crashing in DX12, there is something wrong in your end. Did you try removing XMP profile or is your RAM overclocked? Is your GPU overclocked?

• Sodalyte8
    9 posts

@xtrior Yeah I tried anything possible! I thought the problem lays with the G-sync option...
    So basically the only change I did is using lower settings, wich is kinda weird.
    I played the first 30 hours with no crashes on Very High, only after I reached to England my game started crashing so I lowered my settings.
    Cyberpunk didn't give me such a hard time lol

• YazX_
    172 posts
    @crocodilebundy
    Generally as a rule the reason drivers crash is not the fault of the drivers but caused by the game trying to access memory in a wrong way ..... Just like illegal memory access will cause an OS to puke to a bluescreen an illegal memory access on a graphics card will cause the drivers to puke .....

sorry but thats completely wrong, drivers crash means that the code inside drivers hit an error and not handled, thus it bubbled up to windows, windows resets the driver, if reset fails then a blue screen will appear.

if the game accesses the memory in a wrong way as you said, then it will hit access violation or null pointer exceptions, thus the GAME will crash if not handled not drivers.

• XTrior
    15 posts

@braudrist Oh thats great that it helped someone! And dude dont be afraid to pump up the settings to Ultra, Im playing on all settings maxed out (except for Refresh rate at 60hz and vsync off) and I get around 45 to 55 fps on my GTX 1070. So try to bump up the settings on Ultra but keep the ingame refresh rate at 60hz.

• XTrior
    15 posts

@sodalyte8 Damn bro, Im all out of ideas then 😞
    Real sorry dude! Its unfortunate that you cant squeeze out your machines full power with the game settings. Hopefully Ubisoft takes note of this soon.
    You also said that you have a RTX 2060 Super right? That has a 6gb VRAM yeah? If so then I think I can understand why the crashing is fixed when you lower the settings, because at all settings on Ultra Valhalla uses about 5.5gb VRAM, I think that may be choking your GPU, thats the only logical explanation I can think for your case atm.

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@redindianrobin CPU in stock nothing from OC, GPU with OC from factory, XMP profile I don't know because I have AMD, but I don't remember having done anything so I just put ram memory when it arrived.ram memories just put it in and used it, I did not change it in the BIOS

• Durrf
    7 posts

I disabled the Ubisoft Connect in-game overlay and also moved my main monitor to displayport 1 on my video card in my multi-monitor setup; my main monitor was on port 3 and my other 2 monitors were on ports 1 and 2... and so far, knock on wood, I haven't crashed in nearly 12hrs of gaming. I have no idea if this is a fix or still too early to tell but I just wanted to add to the conversation.

I was crashing about every 30-45mins before these changes with the D3DDRED2 and LiveKernelEvent errors in the Application Event Log. So, for whatever reason, I've been going 12hrs straight without a crash and those were the only 2 things I changed in my setup.

• Asryan2a
    73 posts

Damn, haven't played the game in a while. Launching it, played 2m and freeze again.. no fix yet after all that time? it's a SHAME

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

well I solved my problem, it was my ram memories were not compatible with my new processor.
    I bought new memories and ready to solve all my crash problems, playing 2 days without any problem, cyberpunk 77 also that was crashing now works perfectly.

• longjohn119
    716 posts
    @crocodilebundy
    Generally as a rule the reason drivers crash is not the fault of the drivers but caused by the game trying to access memory in a wrong way ..... Just like illegal memory access will cause an OS to puke to a bluescreen an illegal memory access on a graphics card will cause the drivers to puke .....
    sorry but thats completely wrong, drivers crash means that the code inside drivers hit an error and not handled, thus it bubbled up to windows, windows resets the driver, if reset fails then a blue screen will appear.

if the game accesses the memory in a wrong way as you said, then it will hit access violation or null pointer exceptions, thus the GAME will crash if not handled not drivers.

I'm talking about graphics memory which is 100% handled by the graphics drivers (At least currently that will change in the near future), not the system memory that is handled by Windows ....Illegal access of graphics memory is a code error to the graphics drivers and causes them to puke ..... It has to do with the way the hardware registers work

• simalas
    6 posts

Alright watch me explain my fix and then my crashes start occurring again. I was in the same boat, crashes every 10-15minutes made the game literally unplayable here are my system specs for comparison:

NCase M1
    Asus X570-I Strix Gaming
    Ryzen 5800x
    EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080
    Corsair SF750
    Full Custom Loop w/ 2x 240mm Rads

I tried everything, setting lower FPS (as this thread mentioned), closing all outstanding programs (granted I still close Afterburner after setting my undervolt (1850Mhz @ 0.875V, +250MHz Memory OC)), DDUing graphics drivers, removing XMP, etc.

One thing I didn't do was adjust my very slight undervolt (using curve optimizer) on my CPU and adjust PBO. I thought my CPU was fine because I ran CB20 both single core and multicore on loop for 3 hours each with no WHEA or crashes. I went into my BIOS turned off PBO and Fmax both in Advanced and Extreme Tweaker (your milage might vary on mobo Bios). I also recently subscribed to Yuri Bubliy on patreon so I got access to CTR 2.1 and when running the diagnostic I noticed I was getting messages around adjusting my voltage compensation and this is where I believe the issue lies so I went into my bios and updated the LLC from Auto to LLC3 and voila no more messages in CTR and no more crashes in Valhalla (played an hour and half with no crashes which sounds like a small feat but after reliably crashing every 10-20minutes this felt like a dream).

I should not that I had no crashes on any other titles (AC Odyssey, Cyberpunk, etc even with 4+ hours of gaming). While this isn't inherently Ubisoft's fault what I think is happening is when the load spikes in game there isn't enough voltage provided to the core that is performing the calc to send to the GPU which leads to an error in the calculation which causes CTD and the game or driver isn't optimized enough to handle such issues.

Again only do this if you understand the post., have tested everything else and notice higher than normal Vdroop (there are videos on how to see this) LLC adjustments can damage the longevity of your CPU.

Let me know if this fixes it for anyone else. I'm very curious since I spent way too long trying to figure this out.

• simalas
    6 posts

@shadywack Not sure if you fixed it but check my comment on the end of this thread!

• BlackLord049
    5 posts

@nicksheperd Same issue (D3DDRED2 and Event ID 4101) with Watch Dogs: Legion (TU 3.0). Happens with 461.33 and 461.40. Windows doesn't report any corrupted files, Ubisoft Connect neither. I always use DDU to uninstall my drivers properly. My wife currently plays AC:Valhalla and she has the same kind of crashes (CTD) but I didn't check the events. Sometimes I can find some RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 errors in the event viewer.

• Guamat91
    5 posts

@simalas
    guys i think simalas has found something
    seems that the problem could be the voltage provided
    As an example i noticed that i had the LLC set to high in the BIOS and the game always crashes just after 5 minutes, also with low graphics..
    I switched the LLC to Auto and i was able to play for more (i tried high settings) and the framerate was actually better then when the LLC was set to high (using low graphics)
    The system probably wasn't much stable

The game crashed again but i think that now the solution is to find the right LLC configuration to use in order to have enough voltage during load spikes in game

i'll try other configuration of LLC

• simalas
    6 posts

@guamat91 BE VERY CAREFUL. What mobo do you have? What CPU?

Here's a dumbed down explanation of what's happening, so basically every mobo has VRM which manages voltage to the CPU and they have different tolerances when there are spikes. So when there is a spike in core workload the CPU current will spike then the VRM will try its best to pull that down to stay below a certain level but will overcompensate delivering less voltage to the core which will result in a CPU miscalculation (since it didn't get enough voltage). Most games have mechanisms built in to recover in this scenario but ubisoft.... being ubisoft didn't since they design for consoles and PC is secondary. Unfortunately my mobo had a Vdroop level of around 3% so I just had to adjust the LLC (affects tolerances before the VRM tries to compensate current spikes) from auto to LLC3 and voila all was fixed

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@simalas What should one do if he has locked CPU then? Mine is an i3 10100F 4c/8t CPU and its locked.

And BTW, only Valhalla crashes for me. No other games does including Cyberpunk or Red dead or Watch Dogs Legion.

Suggested Topics