Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• simalas
    6 posts

@redindianrobin Not sure if its a voltage problem for you or not. No other games crash for me either. What mobo do you have? It's definitely a motherboard issue however AC should have code built in to recover from CPU miscalculations which is why you don't see issues in other games but it seems like AC Valhalla's is terrible.

You can try replacing your motherboard but that's definitely not an easy task... I don't have an Intel CPU so don't know what BIOS looks like. Maybe try unlocking BIOS options although that could hurt your mobo. Have you updated BIOS that could also fix the issues.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@simalas Damn I am not going to replace my mobo for ubisoft's fault lol, BIOS is all updated even has resize bar support as well. Also I forgot to mention, prior to Nvidia driver 45x.xx, it doesn't crash. For example, in any version of 44x.xx, my game never crashes, even with heavy OC. So this led me to the impression that it could be nvidia issue.

I beat the game though, half with old drivers and other half with "Nvidia Debug mode" since toggling this option doesn't crash in new drivers as I was playing Cyberpunk as well and needed the new drivers.

• braudrist
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • simalas
    6 posts

@redindianrobin If that's the case then it's definitely not the same issue that I was facing and it's likely that your CPU is just fine! I tried every Nvidia driver since release (DDUing every time) and was unsuccessful in mitigating crashes. I can say with complete confidence that it's the VRM and Ubisoft's inability to handle CPU miscalcs. It's likely a higher than stable OC on your GPU. In my extensive research I've read that even a factory OC has been crashing for some and lowering the clock by 50-100MHz has proven successful. NVidia Debug mode basically sets the GPU to stock clocks (no OC whatsoever).

• simalas
    6 posts

@guamat91 Any updates? How'd it work? I'm just curious if Ubi is seeing this or how I should escalate if this is in fact the issue. Seems to have fixed it 100% for me.

• crocodilebundy
    8 posts

I played Valhalla for 128 h. It was a great game like the last AC. Meanwhile crashes to desktop or BoD every 10 minutes. Now I hate this game.

• Guamat91
    5 posts

@simalas
    Actually nothing.. To me it doesn't change anything the game is still crashing..it always crash to desktop no matter what..I will stop trying, i don't want to cause issue with the pc just for this game, it's a shame because we all paid money for a product that isn't working...

• TAJ1964
    5 posts

Having played the game, since it was launched last year, I have had no problems worthy mentioning - until after update 1.1.1 was uploaded a few weeks ago. Last week, my game crashed to the desktop twice. Yesterday, it crashed to the desktop 5 (five) times during less than 2 hours of gameplay.

Several bugs and glitches have shown up on screen. Eivor cannot use certain stairs, without suddenly being not able to move forward - unless she climbs the walls instead. Eivor sometimes hover above the ground, when she kneels. Lumps of grass floating in midair. NPC stuck in cliffsides, treetrunks or housewalls. Or the most crazy one so far; tracking a zealot and chasing him down, only to find the guy lying dead on the ground - and his horse turning cartwheels high up in the air above him! Having confirmed "the kill", the horse stops moving, but stays put up in the air.

Updated my graphics driver; did not solve the problem. Installed an older version of said driver; did not solve the problem. I am currently not able to play the game for more than 5 minutes, before it crashes. And I have no idea to the reason why....

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1609 posts

Hello @TAJ1964,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Can I kindly ask you to share with us your full PC specs? Additionally, can you please try the troubleshooting steps in this article? It will help to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

Last but not least, can you please provide us with a few short videos showing these bugs you mentioned? Once received, we will be able to pass it along to the development team.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • sonic_casper
    2 posts

Broken/BUG! Mission: In The Abscence Of An Ealdorman.

I have played almost 240 hours in this game and came to a standstill in the mentioned mission above. I have done what I always do in ALL Assassin's Creed games, exploring the world as soon as possible early on. In the mentioned mission I find the Ealdorman in the cellar of the castle and need to search for proof of his death. Unfortunately I have been there way before and took a brooch which is in my inventory. The mission still wants me to find some proof (which is that brooch) and because of that I cannot come further in the mission. I have completed every thing there is in the game except for some small side missions.

I updated my game to the latest patch but it is still the same problem. When can I expect to get that bug fixed so I can continue the story?

Thanks in advance
    Casper S.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

@sonic_casper Hello there! Thanks for sharing, however please be sure to update the megathread dedicated to the issue you've mentioned with your report, as we'd like to keep all responses in one place! I'd also like to note that the issue itself is still under investigation at this time.

Official Response
  • ildafkam
    12 posts

The game crashes randomly - sometimes every few hours, sometimes more frequently. I can’t recall a game that has crashed so frequently and I’ve been playing computer/video games for over 24 years. Running it on a 10700K, RTX 2080 Super, Windows 10.

• TAJ1964
    5 posts

Morning, Ubi-Mark.

Thank you for your answer. My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 core CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I have been running the game for 80+ hours with graphics set to ultra high and experienced no problems - until mentioned bugs and glitches appeared.

Sorry, I have no video or pictures of any of the incidents I have encountered. I will take a look at the troubleshooting, you recommended.

TAJ

• ildafkam
    12 posts

Neither the latest patch nor the latest Nvidia driver (which is supposed to address an issue where the game crashes after extended gameplay) have helped.

• TAJ1964
    5 posts

Just to follow up on my first reply.

Regarding specifications - forgot the motherboard. ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming.

Ran a verification of the game files. Everything in order, no errors.

No problems with my Ubisoft Connect or any other Ubisoft game - currently logged 405 hours with The Division and not encountered a single problem of any kind.

I always run all my games with administrator rights.

Background applications are at an absolute minimum - and I use a gaming booster with my videocard, that closes unnecessary system services and optimize memory.

Tried to attach the latest DX Diagnostics, but apparently I do not have "the privileges" to do that...?

TAJ

• TraceCollins
    4 posts

@ubisobuggy I have lost count of the CTD, freezes or totally resetting my computer I have had. Yes way to many technical issues to justify the money I paid for this train wreck of a game.

• slopmyjoe
    1 posts

Same issue, my PC is way above the recommended specs, game files are verified, all drivers are updated, i've tried RAM and CPU over and underclocks... nothing.
    It may be the propriety launcher which is causing the issue, looking at the log files i can see it disconnecting prior to the crashing. Further more as soon as it crashes out the launcher reconnects straight away.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1609 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This issue has been already reported and the development team is currently working on a fix! Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • trickphilbert
    6 posts

@nicksheperd I noticed the crashes too. I never had the crashes with Red Dead, Skyrim, Call of Duty, or Witcher 3, Dark Souls. I agree it must be Ubisoft.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@ubi-mark After 3 months you are finally addressing this. Holy [censored]!

Suggested Topics