Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@samsongg To be fair most users are not tech savvy. As a software engineer I also observe a lot of Dunning-Kruger effect from people thinking they are extremly tech savvy when in fact being not. Not saying you are such a case just to explain why often support tries to eliminate the easiest sources of problems to determine if this is an actual problem the devs should look at. Because if it is something with your system they might be looking for something they can't reproduce. In this case, as stated by others, it seems like a problem more people are suffering from.

• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts

@souldrinkerlp what's interesting to me is that there doesn't need to be a Dunning-Kruger effect at play here.

When you have a system that's stable and runs normally with the vast majority of other applications and games, but then one outlier sticks out and they start asking you to do things like running Ubi Connect or the game with admin rights, common sense can intervene and say "why do so many other games run without these steps being necessary?" and it becomes clear that what they're trying to do is actually gather data to identify and solve the problem....they're just not communicating that very effectively.

If its telemetry they need, they could simply ask for it.

• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@shadywack Run as Admin can help with weird file system (especially permissions) configurations which can happen. Especially when people use some "Make your PC 100% secure"-Tools etc.

I didn't mean to say the support has Dunning-Kruger effect tho. They probably have a script for these cases to eliminate all possible broader reasons a user might experience crashes etc. Support doesn't have to be tech savvy anyway. They have to filter what is an actual issue which needs to be forwarded to the devs with as many information as possible (collecting them prior to reporting) and help fix problems with known solutions.

The support just asks these "simple things" because you can't expect everyone to be tech savvy and have all their drivers updated etc. and if it actually is just a driver update missing then this is a "no problem". Win-Win basically. Devs dont need to look for an error which doesn't occur for them or anyone else and the user is happy. In this case tho it seems like more people are experiencing this problem. So there is something. 🙂

• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts

@souldrinkerlp I realize run as admin can resolve permissions issues, it just feels like that shouldn't be an expectation to run a game. This is a troubleshooting step that helps them narrow down a root cause, but the way they're presenting it is "do this to run our game".

Given the systemic nature across multiple IHV's, however, it appears the driver timeouts are caused by something in the game not being happy. Potentially a permissions error, or potentially Denuvo itself as some people reported time sync issues and crashes in conjunction. Tough to say at this point.

• peewee051
    4 posts

I have been having major problems the game assassins creed Valhalla ever sense I have got has been freezing and crashing ether when u enter a town or are walking in it or finished a mission or Cut scene when will y’all be able to fix this I have had 10 crashes sense I got the game and

• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shadywack
    40 posts

Issue tracker: I see you can't find this one particular item, we're right on it and investigating it immediately! Meanwhile, here's a workaround.

PC players: game crashes and is unplayable

Issue tracker: *crickets*

• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Wiking_Division
    4 posts

Crashing after 1.04. Day one patch version didn't have any crash issues. Something went [censored] up in this new 1.04... I dont even bother to send any dxdiag logs. Just fix it. I'm pretty sure the devs know what's wrong with it since they altered it...

• Shadywack
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics