Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Peystaz
    8 posts

@nathanieljvk

We hare a lot apparently, find a lot of tips everywhere in internet but nothing is working.

Sometimes can play a hour without any issue, sometimes can't play more than 10 mins.

Apparently, for most of people that I have seen complaining about crash, they have very high performance and good gaming PC (as me, X7 - 3700 and 2070 Super). With game running very perfectly but still crash randomly.

My friends with [censored] old PC have no issue ...

• KKhanz
    3 posts

@jartap Same here, the game completely freezes every 5-10 minutes, I have to alt tab and end task with task manager. I feel like I freeze more often during cutscenes and in the inventory menu (it took me 4 different launches of the game to equip an item after fighting Rikiwulf). I just want to play the game but it will not let me.

• Jartap
    4 posts

i guess we all need to wait for a new graphic card driver update

• kalpdal86
    8 posts

@nicksheperd Same for me except i can only play for 5-15 minutes. Looked at the log for Ubisoft connect and it says my game disconnected from the server just before crash.

• Psych0_Trauma
    60 posts

It's because of the last patch. There was a 600 something patch earlier today or yesterday, and ever since then it's been freezing after so long. I smell a memory leak.

• kalpdal86
    8 posts

@hukoper7 Same problem here. Suspecting something in Ubisoft connect is the issue.

• Aries_Warrior
    1 posts

I can download and I can load it up, but when it gets close to starting it always crashes. I've tried making more space for the game, I've tried restarting my PC, but it never works.

• Basic-Pita
    6 posts

@psych0_trauma I forgot about that, thats true! atleast in my experience

• KawasakiZedHed
    2 posts

Playing PC, with i7 9700K, RTX 2080 Super, 32GB RAM. Almost every single time I enter the menus my game crashes to the point that I have to restart my system in some cases. This includes browsing tattoos, trying to apply skills, viewing quests... I've spent hours just reloading the game to play the same part over and not really progress at all, this is highly frustrating. I actually attempted to refund but Epic says I have played it for too long... I only just got to Fronberg or whatever the bloody name is.

Is this bug acknowledged, is there a fix planned?

So far I have tried all the advice, changing settings, turning off all my background apps, limiting FPS, nothing works. I juyst want to binge what looks to be an amazing game, and sadly, I'm getting to the point where I want to just leave it in a corner like Fallout 76 and forget it ever existed.

• DancesWithTramp
    7 posts

Hoping if anyone can help/having the same issues as i am, the game sometimes will run for up to 10 minutes and then just freeze i have to task manager to close. Once it has done this I cannot even get a minutes worth of game play in before it crashes again. I have tried all the various forums and spent almost 2 days now trying to get this going but to no luck!

Hopefully somebody can help or advise if this is bug Ubisoft are investigating.

DWT

• uzeen
    2 posts

@kawasakizedhed I have the exact same problem, game runs fine, I even left it in game for hours without it crashing. But if I go to the menu, as you have to do, the game crash...

Have tried all the tricks I know when troubleshooting games, but nothing seems to work....

• pedroagaf
    1 posts

I'm having the same problem. It's almost impossible to play

• Joseph2409
    14 posts

@danceswithtramp

What are your specs for your pc?

• DancesWithTramp
    7 posts

@joseph2409

Machine name: DESKTOP-UDBQ7FT
            Machine Id: {73F80BFF-0F25-43D7-ABE1-A72B06238B70}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
             Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
       System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
           System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: 0610 (type: UEFI)
            Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor      (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
              Memory: 8192MB RAM
       Available OS Memory: 8120MB RAM
            Page File: 6386MB used, 16069MB available
           Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
         DirectX Version: DirectX 12
       DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
        System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
         DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
             Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
     DirectX Database Version: Unknown
          DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

• Joseph2409
    14 posts

@danceswithtramp
    What is your gpu?

Is your game install on the same drive as Windows?
    How much space is remaining on your hard drive currently

You have 8gb ram correct?

Is that in 1 stick or 2?

• DancesWithTramp
    7 posts

@joseph2409

GTX 1070

Its on my SSD which has 1.5 TB free

I believe my RAM is on 2 sticks

• Joseph2409
    14 posts

@danceswithtramp

So far the game for me is running approx 3gb ram usage.
    I have 32gb ram in 4 sticks

3gb game ram,
    System total ram usage 8.2gb ram.

I have programs that trim my ram usage too.

Quickly do this for me

Start your game, continue your save.
    Run around for a few mins

Control alt delete
    Open task manager
    Check how much ram your game is using
    Check how much ram your system total is using

Let me know those numbers

• RanceJustice
    1 posts

One issue of continual frustration is that the game seems to crash or close back to the desktop with significant frequency. This is not accompanied by an in-game freeze in my experience (those with freezing issues are likely experiencing something different) but an abrupt termination of the program leaving the player back on their desktop as things were prior to launch. There is no error message visible after the crash and returning to Ubisoft Connect it is possible to restart the game as normal. Continuing returns to the latest auto-save and - at least thus far - I've not run into any issues of major data loss or save corruption. However, it is a frustration to be kicked back out during gameplay and have to restart quite frequently.

In general, I've noticed the crashes/exits to occur between 10-30 minute spans after starting play, though I'll have to time them in the future just to be sure. I do not think they're happening at a particular time measure every time but I shall double check. It has happened during a variety of if game situations as well, including both menus and controllable gameplay. There is no particular evidence of overheating or any other major hardware specific issue, nor the freezing/graphical corruption/BSOD that usually accompanies those sorts of problems.

Hardware overview:
    Intel 5960X (8c/16t) @ 4.4ghz CPU
    16GB 2666mhz DDR4 RAM.
    Nvidia GTX 1070 8gb GPU
    Installed on SSD (Samsung)
    2560x1440p 144hz monitor (FreeSync2)

I've heard from other PC users they're experiencing these intermittent crashes as well. Hopefully a solution can be found. Thank you.

• DancesWithTramp
    7 posts
  • DancesWithTramp
    7 posts

@joseph2409

probably a more accurate one as i had some things open from a restart
    undefinedundefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics