Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Parlagulf
    10 posts

@nicksheperd I've also been having significantly more crashed on AC Valhalla lately. I'm unsure what occurs in particular to make the game crash. I've had it crash while sitting on my horse (the black pegasus skin if that might matter) and watching my raven get the items off a guy I just shot, while looking at the map and hovering over a fast travel location, one time in combat in a small raid on the east coast of the main map (not river raids mode), and in a few other seemingly random spots. I've been sending the crash reports every time, so hopefully somebody can find a common denominator in those!

I am very pleased with how often the game auto-saves though! It has definitely saved me from rage quitting due to lost progress a couple times. I hope this major issue will get resolved soon!

• SpareTheBull
    1 posts

Hi everyone o/

Chipping in here to mention that the game is the most unstable it's been for me since. Running a high-end PC system with a new CPU and a 2080ti. Until the last update the game was completely stable. Now it's near unplayable. I can't get more than 15 minutes of playtime in Frankia. It's stable outside of it.

• S7igma957
    48 posts

Ok i understand you use denuvo or what ever! But this is unaccaptable! This is the first game from all what i have with so much crash to desktop!

PATCH THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I send crash report all the time! About 50+ already!

• S7igma957
    48 posts

About 50+ for sure

• S7igma957
    48 posts

@ubisobuggy I think all those CTD because of denuvo

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Hey everyone,

The development team are continuing to investigate the crashes reported to them, and we're doing what we can to troubleshoot these issues directly first, as we've seen many issues be resolved through the troubleshooting that we can provide in the first instance. Please do continue to submit your system files (MSINFO / DXDIAG) and log files to us in support cases, so that we can investigate further with you and pass on the necessary documents and information if it should be needed.

@vfilipc84 - Welcome to Discussions! 🙂 I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing random crashes in-game. I would first recommend running through our PC troubleshooting, to rule out any common / basic issues that could be causing the crashes. If you still encounter frequent crashes on the latest game update after that (ensure that you are running TU 1.3.2 by checking the version number in the bottom-right corner of the options menu in-game) please open a support case and submit your MSINFO, DXDIAG and log files to us, so that we can investigate these crashes further with you. Thank you!

@Parlagulf - Do you have any recordings which show the behaviour you're noticing in-game, and the game crashing? Are the crashes seemingly random, or follow any sort of pattern that you've noticed? I'm glad to hear that the autosaves are working well for you though, to prevent substantial loss of progress!

@SpareTheBull - Can you let me know your full PC specs, and also confirm if you're only experiencing this unstable performance when in Francia, as that is what your post implies? Do you notice any similar behaviour when travelling to any other regions, i.e. Ireland, Vinland, Asgard or Jotunheim?

Thanks all. 🙂

Official Response
  • grooners
    24 posts

Until this week I had the random crash (freeze then CTD with an nvidia error event logged, 3080ti 5800x) only once every couple of weeks or so, but Ive now had 4 crashes in two days in Hamtunscire. There's no correlation to driver version, game version, W10/W11, the weather, what I was doing in-game, or what I had for lunch. Each and every crash is very annoying as is the time this has been going on for. There are no crashes like this in other games including Control and Metro Exodus which are very heavy on the GPU.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 985 posts

@s7igma957 Hey! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing these crashing issues.

We appreciate the crash reports. We do ask that you try the steps here in order to troubleshoot this.

If the issue continues please send us your system files in a support case.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • normski7a
    10 posts

I've not had any issues since turning off the Geforce overlay and turning off sharpening on nvidia control panel. Game looks all blurry again, but no longer crashes.

• Parlagulf
    10 posts

@ubi-woofer Hello!

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, I do not have any recordings of the crashes, and they are happening randomly, so they are hard to predict. What I am seeing when the game crashes though, is that the game will freeze for 5 to 10 seconds, all menus and everything will freeze and the banners that appear with a new item on the right side of the screen will freeze at whatever opacity they were at when the game crashes. The game then closes and the saves backup to the cloud and a 'your game has crashed' popup appears, I make sure to always send the data. I have not seen any crash cause codes or possible reasons the game crashed. I haven't had it crash during a cutscene or boss fight yet, and I've only crashed while running around in England so far. I don't think it's crashed while I was commanding a ship yet either.

When I have time this weekend I'll try and get it to crash and document everything that happens! I kindof enjoy looking for bugs in this game and telling you all about them, it's like an extra, albeit sometimes annoying, side quest!

• S7igma957
    48 posts

@ubi-viral I already tried but i can't. Chat is not working and i can't find another way to send spec.
    I sending crash report every time when game crashed.

• Cheeriouss
    1 posts

@Ubi-Woofer i am experiencing the Exact same crashes that @Parlagulf reported the the post above, on AC Valhalla.
    my setup is a rtx3080 with a ryzen 5600x.
    the game is unplayable, ive experienced the crashes playing for 5 minutes, and playing for 50mins, even hours, its totally random.
    Can you please fix this with a patch???? im questioning myself if i should buy the season pass or not, i will not for shure if this problem continues, since its unplayable, right?

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 985 posts

Hey folks. Sorry to hear that you have all been experiencing crashing issues. I have merged this thread with the mega thread about posting.

If you are yet to please try the steps HERE.

If your issue continues after this, please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • S7igma957
    48 posts

@normski7a Just play more and you will see that nothing helps! I've tried disable GFE and launcher overlay and this is all useless! Game crashing randomly but only when you do something.
    I think all this crashed because of denuvo protection.

• normski7a
    10 posts

@s7igma957 I've played 5-6 hours the past 2 days. Not a single crash. I might just re-enable the overlay and turn on sharpening to test it out.

**EDIT** I re-enabled the Geforce overlay and enabled sharpening through that, I was able to play fine. I then disabled the overlay again and enabled the same sharpening values through the nvidia control panel. Crashed after 10 minutes, guess I'll be removing the game .exe from nvidia control panel again.

• S7igma957
    48 posts

@normski7a I allredy have 3 crashes today when using skill Throwing Axe Fury.

I think all those crashes because of denuvo. As i know this protectiion connected to animation.
    For example when i'm using Kick Of Tyr skill game never crash. It's sad that community need to post all this issues!
    I skiped playing and will be waiting for patch because this is horrible! I can't use skills i want because of crash!
    Ubisoft have huge team of testers, so let them do they work!

• Macabraham
    12 posts

@ubi-woofer

I appreciate your effort, but I too suffer from this problem and while I can of course provide the requested files I can't help but wonder what's the point?

• This issue isn't new in AC Valhalla, it's existed in previous AC games for years.
    • This topic is 11 months old and nothing is fixed.
    • How are we going to believe your developers will take PC gamers seriously when your CEO clearly dislikes PC gamers (to put it friendly)? He believes 95% of them are pirates and as such will never take them seriously, here's a source.

• S7igma957
    48 posts

Ok!
    GFE overlay disabled
    Game launcher overlay disabled

Game keep crashing randomly! Are you kidding?
    I play many games, like Doom Eternal, Metro Exodus, Resident Evil Village, Wolfenstein with RT and DLSS on, and only AC Valhalla is crashind!

I will not launch game again, until you patch the game!

• kolliasl21
    9 posts

After taking some time off AC Valhalla and playing other games without any issue, I decided to return and continue. After grinding for hours for ymir blood stones in jotunheim with just one crash, I finally reached the boss fight with Fenrir. I reached about 40% remaining health and then Fenrir got stuck underground... Very frustrating but ok. I had to reload from a savefile and try again. I reached about 40% health again and this time the game freezes!!! That's it. Uninstalled ubisoft connect and AC Valhalla immediately. With the same rig I did 220 hours of AC Odyssey without a single crash. What a waste of time and money. The game was 100% stable before 1.3.0. And I didn't do any changes at all on my system. Not even the graphics driver. After updating to 1.3.0 the game broke. I'm done with it.

• S7igma957
    48 posts

Disable ingame overlay in launcher helps me play without СTD.
    Tree days and not a single crash!
    GFE still on!

Suggested Topics