Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 470 posts

Hey there folks.

If you haven't already done so please attempt each step suggested here.

If after doing so you're still experiencing issues please submit your system files to us on a support case so we can investigate these issues further.

You can reach us either through the support website by opening  a live chat session or alternatively through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and they will be able to create a support case for you.

After you've opened the case if I can also ask you to attach two system reports to the case that will assist us in identifying any potential cause. The reports we need from you are:

MSInfo
    DxDiag

Thanks.

Official Response
  • ghettoprinzezz
    2 posts

After lower my graphics settings the crashes stop for now. Ryzen 5800 + rtx 3800 playing now 4k very high preset (motionblur off/ dof low).
    Game is a mess.

• grooners
    24 posts

@longjohn119 They are doing nothing to actively investigate like enabling extra debug logs - the system reports that even today they ask for contain nothing of use.

If we were a Youtube channel however they would suddenly be "actively investigating" and then a hotfix would magically appear - just as with RE Village and Deathloop recently.

It doesnt help that weve got Nv GPUs in an AMD favoured release

Weve all provided specific scenarios - for me recently the game freezing at the cursed object area near Chertsey Abbey and CTD with driver error when looking at the map after battling an order member - this is useful info being ignored.

• rapozaum
    13 posts

Game is unplayable for me. Wish I could refund but this is happening after I've got the Season Pass on this sale.
    Hopefully a 1.3.2 or 1.4 update comes soon to fix this.

• longjohn119
    713 posts

I found a fix that is working for me but I'd like to see others verify this. Details in this post
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/109855/perhaps-an-answer-to-random-ctds?lang=en-US

• Ubi-Orion

@longjohn119

Thanks for sharing this with us. We'll keep an eye on the thread and I'll pass this on to the team as a potential workaround for crashing issues and so further testing can be done.

Official Response
  • rapozaum
    13 posts

@longjohn119 I replied there.

• Ubi-Orion

@rapozaum

Thanks I've just responded to you there as well

Official Response
  • leonardoinhoqui
    5 posts

@markowheels It doesn't work for me, I have 10700k and 1080ti, but the game crashes all the time, even disabling this option and putting vsync, this clown started when uplay turned ubisoft connect and the worst thing that odyssey is also crashing the same way it's already gone over more than one year and ubisoft doesn't solve this mercenary company, just charge expensive games and keep making skins to sell, micro transaction works but solving a serious problem like that doesn't solve it, I have several friends with this problem ... until they solve it I won't buy another game ubisoft...

• camokillo
    13 posts

So whats the deal guys. Is it still crashing? Not worth downloading and trying to play if it still is. I just check in every month to see if these doods at UBI fixed the issue...

• Hot-Single-Dad
    1 posts

Hi everyone - think I may have a workaround for you all:

I was experiencing very frequent crashes after starting up the game again after purchasing the season pass in the sales. I last played the game roughly 9 months ago, so couldn't say whether the crashes are from a recent patch or the season pass etc, except all I know was that after leaving Scandinavia, I was getting a CTD about every 10 minutes. Sometimes they were random and othertimes I would be able to reproduce them from visiting a certain location.

I tried all the usual tech support type options and fiddled with my graphics for hours etc with no improvement.

However, since switching Ubisoft Connect to offline mode the crashes have almost entirely gone. I've been playing quite a bit since Saturday evening this way and have had only two CTDs in about 10 hours of play.

Of course this is not a perfect fix as you're locking yourself out of a few options / quest types, but the DLC etc still works.

Hopefuly this works for some if not all of you and hopefuly this also helps Ubisoft fix it!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello there,

@leonardoinhoqui - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering crashes in-game. Thank you for letting us know more about what troubleshooting steps you've tried already. I've taken a look at the support tickets you have opened, and I can see that in your most recent ticket a member of the player support team recommended that you ensure Ubisoft Connect and the game are installed on the same drive. Can you let us know if you have completed this troubleshooting suggestion?

I also took a look at the last MSinfo you uploaded and can see that you were encountering crashes related to D3DDRED2. If you haven't already, please can you try reinstalling the supporting software for the game. This will help to ensure that there are no corrupted or missing files that could be causing the crashes to occur.

@camokillo - Would you be able to provide us with some more information about the crashes you've been experiencing? As there can be several causes behind a crash, it is useful for us to collect as much information as possible to assist with troubleshooting. If you haven't already, I would recommend trying these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as they help to tackle several common causes behind crashes. If you have already carried out some troubleshooting steps, please can you provide us with more information about what you have tried to resolve the issue?

@Hot-Single-Dad - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience within this thread, and for sharing what helped to resolve the crashes for you. I've heard reports from other players that playing in offline mode helped to resolve their own crashing issues as well. I'd recommend players giving this workaround a try, as it may work for you as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Cvaras92
    1 posts

i am experiencing crashes too.,usually playing 1-2 hours in the game when i click skills menu they become super speed up and shortly crash to desktop with no errors. my pc is not overclocked ,all other games not a single crash

• rapozaum
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rapozaum
    13 posts

@hot-single-dad Thanks for this. It seems like this is helping me! I'm still testing, but I was able to finish a raid on Ireland. Gonna try and play a bit more and update it here.
    Thanks again.

• rapozaum
    13 posts

Too soon. Crashes came back just as they did before. 😕 Can't pass the splash/loading screen.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1575 posts

Hello @cvaras92 and @rapozaum,

Thank you for your updates and I'm really sorry to hear about the crashes. In this scenario, can you please contact our team directly as @Ubi-Orion mentioned previously, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Asryan2a
    73 posts

I haven't played in a while but my last games were fine. I relaunched the game today and it froze after a moment 😞

• Satoby89
    9 posts

Eheheheh this game is broken bro....

• longjohn119
    713 posts
    I haven't played in a while but my last games were fine. I relaunched the game today and it froze after a moment 😞

Try doing this, it's not 100% but for me i knocked out 95% of my crashing problems.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/109855/perhaps-an-answer-to-random-ctds/14?lang=en-US

Suggested Topics