Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Natjamin
    Original poster 1 posts

I have done this quest about 5 times now and eveytime I get to the end and have to blow the horn the cutscene happens, then I get stuck on the platform. I can't move or do anything I tried changing my graphics settings and turned on v-sync (another thread said this fixed it) and it has done nothing what should I do?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• mantux22000
    3 posts

@natjamin

Same happens to me.

• LeAfTFORKilL
    1 posts

@natjamin This happens to me aswell. Pls fix

• RenoxDashin
    23 posts

same thing here too

• RenoxDashin
    23 posts

fails to load the cutscene. loads character on platform unable to move, or do anything else. I am however able to rotate the camera. BUUUUT i just let it sit there for like 3-5 minutes while typing here and googling and it eventually loaded. Just wait it out.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

Hi guys,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear you've been getting stuck at this point.

@RenoxDashin Thank you for providing that update, glad to hear you got around that although obviously not an ideal solution.

@LeAfTFORKilL @mantux22000 @Natjamin Would you be able to try that, and see if it allows you to progress?

Official Response
  • mantux22000
    3 posts

@ubi-baron

I just loaded about 1hour to last saved game, did that quest again and it was okey.

• RenoxDashin
    23 posts

@ubi-baron This bug has appeared on multiple missions. I think it may have to do with outdated CPU's. Running an Intel i5 outdated with gtx 8gb 1060.
    Some missions i've been able to get around it by tweaking video settings, others by waiting it out. It's almost as if the game is kicking you from the loading screen early, while still loading cutscenes. Cutscene transitions seem to be the major culprit.

• Ubi-Baron

@mantux22000 Glad to hear that, thanks for the update!

@RenoxDashin That's an interesting thought.

Could anyone else still seeing this confirm what CPU they are using?

Official Response
  • Pyrella
    1 posts

@ubi-baron i5 4690k

• RenoxDashin
    23 posts

@ubi-baron
    Can cofirm that i've had this bug on at least one mission in each area of the alliance map that i've done so far. Right now, "A Fury From the Sea" in East Anglia. After a long wait (3-10mins sometimes) the cutscene finally loads. I'm inquiring on another thread about the same bug on a different mission to check what their CPU's are. I wonder if it's just I5's. I'm running a i5-7400, 32gb ram, and my gtx 1070 8gb. The fact that my CPU drags, and the eventual loading of the cutscene is what leads me to believe it's the CPU. My entire computer slows down a bit.

• RenoxDashin
    23 posts

Also getting the bug when I try to start a feast.

• Loop1ng.
    4 posts

Same bug here.
    My PC -> i5 6600k / Geforce RTX 2070 Super / 16Go / game on sdd

• RenoxDashin
    23 posts

@loop1ng Another i5. I think thats the source of the issue.

• Ubi-Baron

@RenoxDashin @Pyrella @Loop1ng Thanks for the details guys, this certainly so far seems to be the similarity.

I've passed these details on to the team to help them look into this.

Official Response
  • Djill89
    15 posts

Several people are having a similar issue with this quest on console, there is a separate thread here.

I'm 38 hours into the game and unable to progress further because of this bug. Ubisoft please help!

• Ubi-Baron

@djill89 Thank you for letting us know, I think this might be a little different from the issue here.

I'll take a look into that and ensure it's passed on to the team.

Official Response
  • Athou_
    2 posts

Exactly the same issue here, can't play anymore due to this game-breaking bug 😞
    I have an i5-6500, 16Gbram, 2060 super, game installed on an SSD, if that helps.

Screenshot after the loading screen, can't move:
    https://imgur.com/a/JYQnGAc

• Athou_
    2 posts

Since it seemed like a cpu issue, I increased the cpu priority of the ACValhalla.exe process from normal to high and the issue is gone! The cinematic now correctly starts after blowing the horn!

• mfdtgamer
    3 posts

@athou_ Changed CPU usage from Normal to High and it worked instantly! Thanks!

Suggested Topics