Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GooserFive
    Original poster 1 posts

I had an idea for a small quality of life improvement(QoL) and thought id put it here. Please reply with any of your suggestions! Maybe I can compile them and make a longer list.

• When selecting a skill tree node that I dont have the current path unlocked to, if I have the skill points, auto allocate them up to the skill I chose in the smallest number of points possible. (This will be especially helpful when you have a lot of points, reset your skill tree and want to pick an ability further in the tree. This would help you not have to select every node up to the one you want.)
    • Image examples when hovering over "Text Size" in the settings to show that it also effects "Hud Size" and not just the actual size of the text
    • Maybe a setting to just turn off compass icons and not the whole compass

I'll update if/when I think of more.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Nikko345
    11 posts

@gooserfive I will add an option to choose between "toggle|hold" for sprinting.

• xrayspex_73
    150 posts

@gooserfive

• Allow us to hide Community Photos and artwork on the World map. (I think they tried to allow it by disabling viewing "Misc" from the legend, but it does nothing).
    • Allow us to preview Tattoos and armor at the shops (the ones you can purchase)
    • Fix the audio mix/quality
    • Allow us to quicksave similarly to Odyssey (it was simply Pause+up on the dpad)
    • Allow us to "transmog" armor and weapons to allow us to choose between the different looks as you upgrade them.
    • Allow us to adjust camera distance (especially during combat).
    • Give the PC players Achievements.

• Netspook
    304 posts

@xrayspex_73
    You can't quicksave on console? On PC, it's F5.

• NevarcBB
    2 posts

Two things:

• Add the ability to have all quests in range visible with the raven. That way we can choose a nearby quest without even going into the menus at all.
    • Add the option to turn off temporal reconstruction on PC. It's forced on right now, and while it looks fine at 1440p & 4k it completely wrecks the image if you're still on a 1080p display.
  • Nikko345
    11 posts

I will also make stronger enemies/mini bosses (those who have 2-3 bars of stamina and more moves) different on the odin sight, so you can choose what enemies you want to take out silently or fighting without having to walk up to them and decide on the last moment (maybe a red dot on top of their head or something)

(Btw, sorry for bad grammar, english is not my main language)

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

Please have the auto loot ability work if I kill an enemy by special move (pressing R on PC). Maybe it’s just bugged but it’s a melee move.
    When I call my horse, let me auto jump on him running by like in Odyssey.
    Let me change the color of notification/detection dot/outline of something detected with the vision system. Things get a white dot on them or some animals become whiteish. The white blends in a lot and is hard to see often.

• Nikko345
    11 posts

@detroitin2019 If you keep pressing the whistle button, Eivor will automatically mount.

• malteration_
    5 posts

Can Auto Pickup Skill please also effect on Obsidian/Iron
    I hope they will put it into the game, it's stops the gameflow that you smash the Obsisdian and then stand there wait and buttonsmash the Y button and Nevertheless miss 1 or 2 iron.
    In Odyseee it works fine by riding along and picking it up. pls lets crack and automaticly pickup when the skill was added to your tree.

• Juggurnaut1
    2 posts

@xrayspex_73 On PC controller you can quicksave by holding down on the D-pad and pressing X, might be the same for console. I agree with all of these, I was just about to make a post about this stuff. Some of these were all available in odyssey i don't know why they would take stuff out that was basic QoL things from the previous game.

• Juggurnaut1
    2 posts

@gooserfive

• Have an Album so you can view all your pictures you have taken, like Odyssey
  • Janus_FIN
    3 posts

When you take over the village, you're told you can purchase raw materials and supplies. It's also pretty logical you could do this... Alas. You can't. Would be nice to actually be able to purchase raw materials.

Also since the game is so big on hunting and fishing, it's sad we don't have trapping ala AC3 on. Could we get that? Also the ability to assassinate animals ala Odyssey and Origin and others. Right now you can sneak up to a bear but you're left to hack at it or shoot it. Since you're able to sell your hunted things, we should be able to purchase them too, correct?

• Kormac67
    815 posts

Selling fish or animal parts needs a highlight in the list for what you actually have.
    It's no fun mouseovering everything to find which fishes you can sell.

• cellq7
    6 posts

Suggest from Vlad the Poker:

The ability to feast at your settlement and gain buffs is cool, but it should also fill your rations. Rations are filled by collecting foods, and a feast is a meal with ample amounts of food, so it would make sense to have it fill up the Eivor's rations. It doesn't make sense that I have to go gather berries and food immediately after a feast just to make sure I'm stocked up.

A bonus idea would be for the feast to give Eivor a temporary ration over their allotted max, so you have extra to take with you out into the world. Once you use it, the bonus one is gone and cannot be regained except through another feast.

• kdnl29_8
    5 posts

Two things to do with Reda increase the opals gained from 5 to 10 per mission or include more than two missions per day, as the daily/weekly gear is far to over priced for lack opal availability.

Selling ingots, I have lots of Carbon with nothing to upgrade, being able to sell them for silver to buy Nickle, Tungsten, runes or cosmetics from the shops would be very helpful.

• matajuegos01
    12 posts

@kdnl29_8 I suggest them upping the amount from 5 to 7 each daily quest and upping the weekly reward to 22 giving us a total of 120 opals weekly making it far more doable to obtain items from the store. I'm not suggesting them upping the amount higher than this because I doubt they'd agree so I think this would be a good improvement

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@gooserfive You can, once in game, turn off "Closest Opportunity" under the Exploration tab in the options menu to turn off most of the compass icons. You will still see icons for things that are within 300m of your location, but it stops you from seeing things that are 1000s of meters away. Not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@xrayspex_73 You can quick save by pushing down on the dpad and pressing x on Xbox. I would assume there is a similar option on PS and PC.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@detroitin2019 On Xbox if you keep running and the horse gets next to you you just press y and Eivor will mount on the run.

Suggested Topics