Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ch0quette
    Original poster 2 posts

I can't seem to find my friends' Jomsviking in the game despite the main webpage for the game advertising the Jomsviking feature as if they "fight alongside your friends". I'm a little curious if I'm expected to cross my fingers for the 1 in a million chance that I come across them, or if the feature simply wasn't implemented with the intent to use your friends' Jomsviking? Maybe I'm missing something? This is definitely a frustrating dilemma.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Otter_Chaos92
    2 posts

As the title suggests, my friend and I have created our respective raider, but cannot find them at the dock, is this an intended randomized feature? Or is this not fully implemented quite yet?

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

@otter_chaos92 Hey there! You can summon your own via the barracks in your settlement. Your friends Jomsviking may appear at the docks but this can be random.

Official Response
  • Otter_Chaos92
    2 posts

@ubi-spud thank you for your response, is there anything in the works about making it easier to find a friend's raider? The feature looks very appealing to play with friends created jomsvikings, but to have the possibility of never recruiting them seems counterintuitive.

• Blanchard212
    1 posts

@ubi-spud the game was advertised falsely. No one I know has been able to find their friends jomsvikings.

• DrNilsson
    10 posts

@ch0quette Same here on PC.

• Jagmas_
    1 posts

System is currently trash. I have no interest in randos filling my crew to start. The system should at least prioritize friends who own the game and have jomsvikings created first. Are any of your systems tied together?

• Iceman15_91
    2 posts

@ubi-spud it's not just "can be random" it is completely random. Why was this decided on as an at-launch game feature?

• Iceman15_91
    2 posts

Just as others have stated in various Reddit threads, I am unable to ever find any Jomsviking that belongs to someone I know. The random ones that show up always belong to random people. Is there anything that is being done to fix this, or are we being forced to never play with our friends (which was a big reason some of us purchased this game)?

• A_Troll_2
    3 posts

@ubi-spud multiple trailers said "Build your own Jomsviking and share with your friends online" but...you can't actually do that so couldn't that be considered false advertising?

• A_Troll_2
    3 posts

@jagmas_ one in a million chance you'll ever see your friends Jomsviking because Ubi's false advertising of "recruit your friends Jomsviking" is actually rng that they'll ever spawn on your dock.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued feedback regarding the in-game Jomsviking recruitment system. I have passed forward to the developers your wishes to be able to directly recruit your friends' Jomsvikings, as opposed to needing to find them randomly throughout the game world. I mentioned that recruiting them from the barracks may be a logical flow, through an additional dialogue option with the quartermaster.

Please let me know if you have any additional feedback, ideas, or suggestions regarding this process, and I can pass those forwards as well. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics