Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• iliketurtles558
    Original poster 1 posts

Njal the bear is sitting still in the water and can't be fed the bullhead.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• anaibendai
    4 posts

@iliketurtles558 Me too. I've tried everything to get the bear interested in the bullheads but it's not. Have to abandon that quest - hope it wasn't a good one.

• anaibendai
    4 posts

@anaibendai Kept experimenting with different ways on how to possible complete this quest and Njal eventually sank to the bottom of the river. Definitely glitched.

• xravenstonex
    2 posts

@iliketurtles558 this is happening to us as well. We've tried everything we can think of, but we can't get Njal out of the water.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

Hi all,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been the case.

To help us pass that on to be looked into, could you provide us with a video showing you unable to interact with the bear?

Official Response
  • The_Ward3n
    1 posts

Hello there,

i got the same problem, but i found a "solution" that works (at least for me). I summoned my ship and tried to push the bear out of the water. While that didn't work, i was able to feed Njall when i got her close to the coast. I hope that helps.

• piezama
    2 posts

@the_ward3n .... indeed , had the same problem .
    Got him closer with the boat, this work arround works !!!!!!!!

Thx mate , for sharing

• piezama
    2 posts

@ubi-baron , start the quest .. if you get to the water ... just go in the water to get the fish ( you shot with a bow) and the bear follows into the water . That's how i got in this situation

• Harribro95
    1 posts

I'm having this issue but the bear is stuck in the field, I've pushed him with my horse but gets stuck again

• Mondracc
    6 posts

Njal seems to be stuck above the cave ceiling and no way to interact after getting to the point where I have to follow.
    https://ibb.co/gF5W5Lt

• LaGrasa.IFOX
    1 posts

Im stuck in the same situation, Njal is stuck in the field and i cant interact with him no matter what. Ive tried to restart the game or do other quests and then come back but nothing seems to change...and the problem is that i cant continue any further the story because of that...

• WestonWarrior99
    1 posts

We've had the same issue as well. We've pushed Njal out of the water with a boat, moved him around with a horse, and nothing works. It still just says to follow him. Sometimes it just stands there completely still

• BeTheBest077
    1 posts

The workaround I found was loading a save before it happened, then using the fishing line to catch the fish rather than the bow

• DA_0LD_GEEZER
    2 posts

How to progress with Njal the bear.. I had lots of small bullhead some regular bullhead and I large bullhead. I went to the tower in the water where I caught a large bullhead now I had 2 large bulkhead I was able to feed Njal the bear and progress with the mission. Also used the boat to get him to shore bad my mount to lure him to the tree stump area fed him there. Good luck. It all worked for me.

• DA_0LD_GEEZER
    2 posts

@iliketurtles558 ...I had lots of small bullhead some regular bullhead and I large bullhead. I went to the tower in the water where I caught a large bullhead now I had 2 large bulkhead I was able to feed Njal the bear and progress with the mission. Also used the boat to get him to shore bad my mount to lure him to the tree stump area fed him there. Good luck. It all worked for me.

• ChampMcKowski
    1 posts

Njal for the most part just stands there, I've caught fish but can't feed her, and the only time she moves is when my horse is near and then Njal just tries to attack my horse. Tried using the horse to lure her back to the cave but again kept just attacking my horse and even the Berserker came out and started attacking my horse. Now way I can figure to finish this mission. It is glitched to all hell

• Tikachuxp
    1 posts

So idk if it’s different for everyone. But finally after trying everything. I just went fishing on the tower in the water. Fished for a big fish. And somehow it changed the tasker to say feed the bear. So maybe the bear wants a BIG fish? Or maybe jusr fishing for a bulkhead on the tower did it. See if that helps at all

• kirk1701007
    19 posts

@westonwarrior99 I have the exact same bug in my digital copy of the game as well on xbox one and I tryed using the boat and the mount to move the bear and still could not feed the bear .

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics