Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/774 Replies/16469 Views
    crispykibbles
    6 posts

Just recently in my game play I just devoted myself to Hamtunscire. With it being Thanksgiving today and I celebrate it, I went to get off for the day and spend the rest of the day with my family. I normally always manually save right before I quit the game, however this time my (MUST READ)save file was completely gone. It wasn't there at all. Luckily I noticed this before quitting or else I would have lost 71 hours of gameplay and progress. I need to (MUST READ) warn everyone to please check their save file before quitting. I do not want anyone to lose their progress and suffer hours of it.

UBISOFT PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS. I am not sure if this could just be a problem just for me but if this could happen to other players, it could threaten their game, progress and time spent. I know I don't want that to happen to others, and I am sure you don't either.

• master_ring
    41 posts

@crispykibbles

Thanks mate

But since 1.04 50 percent of player database cant even save game... This is unfinished unpolished product along with crappy patch

• Parazero13
    1 posts

Like some of the others here, I can't save, autosave, or fast travel since the update occurred... What's up with this? I lost 3 hours of gameplay and I can't really progress if I can't save...

• MidgeMachine
    1 posts

Lost 86 hours of gameplay today after the recent update, Manual save is gone completely and continue just makes me start again.

On an Xbox one X

• Th3QuadLaser88
    12 posts

@parazero13 same here mine only started after the recent update on Xbox series X

• hakunamatata167
    5 posts

On PS5 here - before installing the latest patch I did a manual save. Following patch installation and continuing playing. I was killed in a fight and on selecting reload checkpoint I was taken back to the save done prior to patch - no auto saves had been done since then (losing 3+ hours gameplay). I was unable to do any new manual saves or fast travel in game.

Out of interest started new game and everything worked fine!

If I need to restart I’ll have lost 45+ hours and the reason I took a week off work; but I can see other have lost way more gameplay time which is extremely disappointing and worrying if nothing can be done to help these players

• VILLARANGTAIV
    13 posts

Same here. Luckily I had 3 savegames, but I lost one...

• Th3QuadLaser88
    12 posts

@villarangtaiv weird thing is when I go to Ásgard in the seers but it allows me to save and fast travel.

• hakunamatata167
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ltarqsuperbus
    8 posts

Well, it's been a week since I submitted my "support ticket" (refund request) and I still have no response. I guess this is my lesson and my punishment. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER buy a game outside of Steam, EVER again. I didn't want to in the first place, and it's a bittersweet feeling to prove myself right. If Ubisoft doesn't respond soon, I'll be calling my credit card company to talk about a chargeback. The malfunctioning product I received is not the thing I paid for.

• master_ring
    41 posts

@th3quadlaser88

yes it worked for me in asgaard for 20 min than stopped working there too. Than i finished quest and wake up in England.
    Game saved till that point

But manual save and Autosave unavailable as soon as I come back to england. So in England even doing quest doesn't work.

So no point in playing.

I want to reinstall game and ask my money back. Ubisoft please wake up and fix this 1.04. mess

• fullmetal_boy
    3 posts

I had no issues with saved games before 1.0.4 patch was released. I cannot save my progress manually, nor automatically now. Moreover, I cannot fast travel to synced points as well.

I could not find any threads with fast travelling issue so I decided to point this out as well. If you had any issues wih that, let me know.

Thanks!

• fullmetal_boy
    3 posts

@fullmetal_boy Okay, guys, I`ve found the solution on Reddit. All you have to do is to start a feast in your settlement. That solved everything for me. Be advised, however, all other saved games will be lost apart from the one you are playing right now.

• master_ring
    41 posts

@fullmetal_boy

Feast does not help

• hakunamatata167
    5 posts

Found a partial bit of good news for those of us having the issue of auto and manual saves not working. Out of interest I played a little until I unlocked Asgard then travelled there. Once there auto saves began again, manual save options worked and so did fast travel. On going back to England still issues of saving and fast travel.

Seems as though there is something buggy about England but when you travel it was ok.

Whilst we wait for any sort of update from Ubisoft, anyone else tried this or have other potential fixes?

• hakunamatata167
    5 posts

@master_ring just saw this, I tried the same. Asgard all good but as soon as returning to England, same issues of can’t save (auto or manual)

• Fleddi13
    3 posts

I have the same problem. Is there any "real" solution right now? I lost two hours of gameplay. 😕
    I can only sav in my village. If I travel, I can't safe and fast travel does not work.

• master_ring
    41 posts

@hakunamatata167 @Fleddi13

Guys try talking to Petra in village and finish all dialogue with her. Hunter house.

Ubisoft silence on save issues is staggering

• Fleddi13
    3 posts

@master_ring
    Thanks! I talked to Petra and started a feast (someone mentioned this before) - now it works. I can save and travel.

Thnak you 🙂

• Th3QuadLaser88
    12 posts

@master_ring yeah after I left Ásgard it stopped working. Idk what the hell is going on but I’m so frustrated I can’t even progress! Because it won’t save.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics